Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (13 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
Round 2 is definitely more aggressive.

Chills and fever started at bed time (1am). Bad enough that I wore pajama pants and needed an extra blanket to stop shivering.

Muscles feel like they wanted to cramp.

Very weak now. Feels like gravity is stronger. Lol.
My wife made a joke that in the 10 years we've been together, she can count on one hand how many times I've asked for an extra blanket in bed. Usually I just sleep with a sheet, or a very light blanket.

My energy is coming back, not as weak as I was this morning. Still have a light headache, like a dull hangover from being dehydrated, despite 2-3 bottles of propel, one medium Gatorade, and a few glasses of water.

Arm pain is tolerable again, almost minor.

I still know not to push it. I'm just achy. Last night / early this morning was rough though. However, better than actually catching Covid..

I gave blood last week, about a month after my second dose. The tech asked me for all of the specifics (vaccine type, date of dose, etc.). So I assume they might test for the antibodies, or maybe not.
I gave blood 2 weeks after my first dose. They test for antibodies, but not sure which ones. Mine came up positive for the antibodies. I give blood every 2 months, like clockwork, so I had about 5 negative antibody tests before that.

Each company may be a bit different, this was for "One Blood".

They ask if you've had the vaccine, or if you're had covid, along with their other usual 40 some odd questions.

I gave blood 2 weeks after my first dose. They test for antibodies, but not sure which ones. Mine came up positive for the antibodies. I give blood every 2 months, like clockwork, so I had about 5 negative antibody tests before that.

Each company may be a bit different, this was for "One Blood".

They ask if you've had the vaccine, or if you're had covid, along with their other usual 40 some odd questions.

I went through LifeShare and they pretty much asked the same.

Round 2 is definitely more aggressive.

Chills and fever started at bed time (1am). Bad enough that I wore pajama pants and needed an extra blanket to stop shivering.

Muscles feel like they wanted to cramp.

Very weak now. Feels like gravity is stronger. Lol.
You should be ok tomorrow. That is CLASSIC shot #2 side effects from Moderna for a "middle aged" male. I have heard the exact same thing from multiple people and this is exactly how I felt. Got shot at Noon, felt ok for the first 24-36 hours, some arm pain. That second night, splitting headache, chills, the sweats at night, shivering, etc. Took Tylenol for headache and sleep medicine. Felt like a dog the next day, like a REALLY bad second day hangover. By the following day, Vax Shot + 60 hours, I was 90% fine. Felt a little out of it for a couple of more days. My arm still hurts a little bit and I am a month past jab #2.

I had a friend in a large Northeastern City (Think, an NFL city that has a Super Bowl Championship in the last five years and with their stadium within city limits.) and he was going for a leftover dose on Thursday at a large Vax location in the city. He arrived right before closing. Nurse asked him,

"Young Man, are you 1A or 1B....he replied, technically, I am 1C. No Young Man, the correct answer is YES, you look like a Restaurant worker to me, here is your paperwork."

He was last person to get shot that day, nobody else around and they were very happy that they were able to use their last dose. Even in the messed up cities and messed up states, if you try a little bit, you can pretty much get shot up.

Another anecdotal story. I went for a doctors appointment the other day, the clinic is located behind a hospital that is doing vaccines. I pulled into the parking lot and was looking for a parking space. I happened to be heading straight for the Vax Tent. They got all excited....OH LOOK A CUSTOMER! I pulled into a parking spot, pointed at doctors clinic and they were all dejected. More shots than arms is in FULL EFFECT in Louisiana.

Last edited:
You should be ok tomorrow. That is CLASSIC shot #2 side effects from Moderna for a "middle aged" male. I have heard the exact same thing from multiple people and this is exactly how I felt. Got shot at Noon, felt ok for the first 24-36 hours, some arm pain. That second night, splitting headache, chills, the sweats at night, shivering, etc. Took Tylenol for headache and sleep medicine. Felt like a dog the next day, like a REALLY bad second day hangover. By the following day, Vax Shot + 60 hours, I was 90% fine. Felt a little out of it for a couple of more days. My arm still hurts a little bit and I am a month past jab #2.

I had a friend in a large Northeastern City (Think, an NFL city that has a Super Bowl Championship in the last five years and with their stadium within city limits.) and he was going for a leftover dose on Thursday at a large Vax location in the city. He arrived right before closing. Nurse asked him,

"Young Man, are you 1A or 1B....he replied, technically, I am 1C. No Young Man, the correct answer is YES, you look like a Restaurant worker to me, here is your paperwork."

He was last person to get shot that day, nobody else around and they were very happy that they were able to use their last dose. Even in the messed up cities and messed up states, if you try a little bit, you can pretty much get shot up.

Another anecdotal story. I went for a doctors appointment the other day, the clinic is located behind a hospital that is doing vaccines. I pulled into the parking lot and was looking for a parking space. I happened to be heading straight for the Vax Tent. They got all excited....OH LOOK A CUSTOMER! I pulled into a parking spot, pointed at doctors clinic and they were all dejected. More shots than arms is in FULL EFFECT in Louisiana.
Mine was the first night. Like, about 14 -16 hours after.

My fever is sort of back. Probably taking tylenol again later. 99F.

This Friday will be five weeks since I received the 2nd Phizer dose. I have not grown horns or a tail,and Bill Gates is not sending me subliminal messages through a cell tower. Get the vaccine, you are going to be fine

Scheduled the vaccine. Getting it the 10th....I’m old anyways and not having kids.

Mine was the first night. Like, about 14 -16 hours after.

My fever is sort of back. Probably taking tylenol again later. 99F.
I'm glad you got that shot. It feels great being more than two weeks post jab #2. Congrats and sleep in. You will feel great next week and happy.

I’m not gonna lie. Being 2 weeks after my second shot it sure was nice to be on vacation and not worry. I still wore a mask and all but dang it was nice to sit inside at a restaurant and not care

YES. I agree with that 100%. My dad is 85, my wife has "conditions" and I have issues myself. It was really nice knowing that there was a 99.999% chance that we could do things, like we could 15 months ago, and not have to worry about killing ourselves or somebody else.

PLEASE, people, just get shot up. They won't take these restrictions off until enough people get the shot. I CANNOT take another six months of lockdown. I just can't do it. More power to you if you can...I CANNOT do it. They can just cement me in and let the worms have at it if I cannot live again. (We are planning a vacation, fully vaxed. If the Covid police come for us....they better be big dudes.)

YES. I agree with that 100%. My dad is 85, my wife has "conditions" and I have issues myself. It was really nice knowing that there was a 99.999% chance that we could do things, like we could 15 months ago, and not have to worry about killing ourselves or somebody else.

PLEASE, people, just get shot up. They won't take these restrictions off until enough people get the shot. I CANNOT take another six months of lockdown. I just can't do it. More power to you if you can...I CANNOT do it. They can just cement me in and let the worms have at it if I cannot live again. (We are planning a vacation, fully vaxed. If the Covid police come for us....they better be big dudes.)

Hang in there buddy, we’re getting there. I’m pretty sure the covid police aren’t going to bother you.

I’m not gonna lie. Being 2 weeks after my second shot it sure was nice to be on vacation and not worry. I still wore a mask and all but dang it was nice to sit inside at a restaurant and not care
Yes indeed, the peace of mind that comes with the vaccine is the best. I know I'm not going to get anyone sick and some one who hasn't been vaccinated is not going to get me and my wife sick

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom