Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (23 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 201 83.4%
  • No

Votes: 43 17.8%

• Total voters

Dre

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
About half of the people I know, including nurses, seem very reluctant to get the vaccination. Surprisingly, this includes different political demographics. What better way to settle it than by coming to a Saints message board.

edit: Geez I somehow allowed people to pick more than one answer on a yes/no poll. Doh!

Reaction score
Got my second dose of Pfizer this past Saturday and just like the first time, I came home, cut grass, washed the cars, etc. I felt great.
Then I died on Easter Sunday. I’m old. :hihi:
I won't put anything more on it , I'm honestly hoping everyone is well , right now my wife and I are on the fence , right now I'm having a hard time trusting the news media and the corruption in our own country . I just wish the whole world could just get back to normal . Paul , if you did pass away , you were in good company .

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I won't put anything more on it , I'm honestly hoping everyone is well , right now my wife and I are on the fence , right now I'm having a hard time trusting the news media and the corruption in our own country . I just wish the whole world could just get back to normal . Paul , if you did pass away , you were in good company .
If you met 30 year old me, you'd meet someone exactly where you are on this. I meant well, but now I know a little better...I think. :hihi:

As for the whole world getting back to normal, I tend to think post-pandemic will be more of a new normal than an old one. Things change, we adjust.

And I understand the apprehension to getting vaccinated. A long time friend skeptical of Covid recently went and got vaccinated. She was scared because she was reading nonsense on a political site I won't name and me and the nurse convinced her. 2 weeks later, she found out her sister who hadn't been vaccinated got covid and is currently fighting for her life. My friend feels like she dodged a bullet and is glad she got the vaccine now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you met 30 year old me, you'd meet someone exactly where you are on this. I meant well, but now I know a little better...I think. :hihi:

As for the whole world getting back to normal, I tend to think post-pandemic will be more of a new normal than an old one. Things change, we adjust.

And I understand the apprehension to getting vaccinated. A long time friend skeptical of Covid recently went and got vaccinated. She was scared because she was reading nonsense on a political site I won't name and me and the nurse convinced her. 2 weeks later, she found out her sister who hadn't been vaccinated got covid and is currently fighting for her life. My friend feels like she dodged a bullet and is glad she got the vaccine now.
Thanks Dave !!

gboudx

Not trusting a big butt and a smile since 1990.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think all of us wish the world could just get back to normal. The fastest way to get there is to get enough people vaccinated and reduce the transmission path of Covid. You can choose to believe what's mentioned in those articles, but you should also choose to do your own research into what they claim. Specifically that Plandemic woman.

Reaction score
It's all good. Everyone is in the same boat in hoping this gets better quickly so that we can get back to living life.

OP
Dre

Dre

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's not a vaccine , it's gene therapy and has not been approved by the FDA . I know of and heard of people having bad reactions , some dying . A vaccine last for years, this does not . And no telling what happens to your DNA afterwards , My sister who is 2 years older than me had the second shot recently and for 3 days couldn't make it out the bed , chills , fever , just extremely sick . She said she is better but still feeling the effects . Also, here in our city another lady who took the second shot also got so sick that she was brought to the hospital ER only to be told her insurance wouldn't cover a thing because the so-called vaccines are experimental .
Honestly, if you’re not comfortable getting the vaccine, do not do it. It sounds like you want to research, which I think is a credit to you. I do think that if you research legitimate sources, you will see why you should get it. You should know, though, that I am fairly conservative politically, and I am a physician in Louisiana. I know a lot of conservative Republican doctors, and I do not know ANY who are refusing the vaccine. They all lined up to get it right away. As did I.

And while above I said don’t get it if you’re uncomfortable, I do want you to know that it is medically a mistake to not get it. As a medical opinion, you need to get it. It is safe and effective. As a man, though, I think you should do what you think is best for you (and that means realizing the research confirms why you should get it and THEN get the shot)

harschman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
My wife and I got the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine today. After 24 years of active duty and a vaccination record that is nearly 3 pages, this was near the bottom of initial injection pain or lack there of.

Edit: Our arms did get fairly sore later in the day/night. I work nights so I've been awake since receiving the vax and my arm is still a little sore, but the soreness is wearing off.

Last edited:

Dallas_Saint73

Squat, Bench, Deadlift.
Reaction score
Anxiously awaiting the text for my second shot appointment. Most of my friends have said it's knocked them on their butt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 13)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom