Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (27 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters

Basically, as it is still early, they recommend masks in two general scenarios..

Being in close quarters (I'd worry more about indoors than outdoors) with multiple households of folks unvaccinated.

Visiting someone unvaccinated, who is a high risk of complications from Covid. Basically, don't be in a massive rush to visit family if they are very old or diabetic, etc..., if they haven't been vaccinated.

Me personally, I'm still avoiding crowded indoor activities. Outdoors I really don't care, unless it's a massive crowd. But that's been my stance for the most part.

I've been willing to visit with other households, on a case by case basis, but I'll be more open to it now.

About half of the people I know, including nurses, seem very reluctant to get the vaccination. Surprisingly, this includes different political demographics. What better way to settle it than by coming to a Saints message board.

edit: Geez I somehow allowed people to pick more than one answer on a yes/no poll. Doh!
It's not a vaccine , it's gene therapy and has not been approved by the FDA . I know of and heard of people having bad reactions , some dying . A vaccine last for years, this does not . And no telling what happens to your DNA afterwards , My sister who is 2 years older than me had the second shot recently and for 3 days couldn't make it out the bed , chills , fever , just extremely sick . She said she is better but still feeling the effects . Also, here in our city another lady who took the second shot also got so sick that she was brought to the hospital ER only to be told her insurance wouldn't cover a thing because the so-called vaccines are experimental .

Basically, as it is still early, they recommend masks in two general scenarios..

Being in close quarters (I'd worry more about indoors than outdoors) with multiple households of folks unvaccinated.

Visiting someone unvaccinated, who is a high risk of complications from Covid. Basically, don't be in a massive rush to visit family if they are very old or diabetic, etc..., if they haven't been vaccinated.

Me personally, I'm still avoiding crowded indoor activities. Outdoors I really don't care, unless it's a massive crowd. But that's been my stance for the most part.

I've been willing to visit with other households, on a case by case basis, but I'll be more open to it now.

Medical experts reccomend waiting two weeks after getting vaccinated before you visit unvaccinated friends and family. If I read your previous post correctly, you are on your 4th day. Be patient, time passes quickly

It's not a vaccine , it's gene therapy and has not been approved by the FDA . I know of and heard of people having bad reactions , some dying . A vaccine last for years, this does not . And no telling what happens to your DNA afterwards , My sister who is 2 years older than me had the second shot recently and for 3 days couldn't make it out the bed , chills , fever , just extremely sick . She said she is better but still feeling the effects . Also, here in our city another lady who took the second shot also got so sick that she was brought to the hospital ER only to be told her insurance wouldn't cover a thing because the so-called vaccines are experimental .

It's a vaccine with a RNA based sequence. Welcome to the beauty of modern science. It does not affect DNA .

Medical experts reccomend waiting two weeks after getting vaccinated before you visit unvaccinated friends and family. If I read your previous post correctly, you are on your 4th day. Be patient, time passes quickly
I mean I already have.. and often they were already vaccinated (well before me), or we were mostly outdoors, and I know where they've been. We've gathered with a couple friends like 4 times during this entire pandemic. Every situation is judged in isolation.

Some things I didn't feel comfortable with, others I have.

your post is so far out of the realm of reality, I cannot and will not even try to persuade you to get it. Just do you and don’t get the vaccine. But please don’t try to spread this written diarrhea anywhere else, just in case someone else could be influenced by this inanity.

It is not gene therapy. You are not modifying genetic make up of anything. Two of the vaccines do use genetic material (mRNA) to stimulate an immune response for the purpose of teaching your body to produce antibodies that will respond to a coronavirus infection - which is precisely what vaccines do.

Amazing. Almost everything you just said was wrong.

It's not gene therapy, as it doesn't alter any genes. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/hcp/mrna-vaccine-basics.html

A New Approach to Vaccines
mRNA vaccines take advantage of the process that cells use to make proteins in order to trigger an immune response and build immunity to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. In contrast, most vaccines use weakened or inactivated versions or components of the disease-causing pathogen to stimulate the body’s immune response to create antibodies.

Mechanism for Action
mRNA vaccines have strands of genetic material called mRNA inside a special coating. That coating protects the mRNA from enzymes in the body that would otherwise break it down. It also helps the mRNA enter the dendritic cells and macrophages in the lymph node near the vaccination site.

mRNA can most easily be described as instructions for the cell on how to make a piece of the “spike protein” that is unique to SARS-CoV-2. Since only part of the protein is made, it does not do any harm to the person vaccinated but it is antigenic.

After the piece of the spike protein is made, the cell breaks down the mRNA strand and disposes of them using enzymes in the cell. It is important to note that the mRNA strand never enters the cell’s nucleus or affects genetic material. This information helps counter misinformation about how mRNA vaccines alter or modify someone’s genetic makeup.

Once displayed on the cell surface, the protein or antigen causes the immune system to begin producing antibodies and activating T-cells to fight off what it thinks is an infection. These antibodies are specific to the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which means the immune system is primed to protect against future infection.

1617720745350.png

I really doubt the insurance told her that. But, if true, then go here. https://www.hrsa.gov/cicp/ and here https://www.hrsa.gov/cicp/faq the first question is how to file for injury benefits.

No one will be left holding the bag on this.

your post is so far out of the realm of reality, I cannot and will not even try to persuade you to get it. Just do you and don’t get the vaccine. But please don’t try to spread this written diarrhea anywhere else, just in case someone else could be influenced by this inanity.
Unfortunately, his type of misinformation is running rampant over social media. It's the reason I believe this virus will be around for a long time. It could be eradicated if everyone received the vaccine. I'm to the point if you refuse it just pray you're not in the 1% that kills you

Worst post in this thread. Peddle your misinformation somewhere else. After the first sentence, the rest isn't worth reading.

And no telling what happens to your DNA afterwards

Remember in high school biology when the teacher taught about DNA, RNA, transcription, translation? No? Ok, here's the quick, basic version. Through transcription, DNA becomes RNA. Through translation, RNA becomes amino acids (and eventually proteins). This vaccine, as others have said, is mRNA based. So because of the order of those processes (transcription and translation), your DNA is not going to be touched by this vaccine. It can't. Those processes don't work in reverse. I'm sure others could go into much greater detail, but basic high school biology is enough to explain the safety of the technology behind this shot.

EDs don’t deny care to those that need it...regardless of insurance. Read up on the EMTLA for more details. I’d love to see the story if you have the link.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom