Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (19 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
EDs don’t deny care to those that need it...regardless of insurance. Read up on the EMTLA for more details. I’d love to see the story if you have the link.

Yeah, that nugget I thought was rather dubious. I seriously doubt that actually happened.

It's not a vaccine , it's gene therapy and has not been approved by the FDA . I know of and heard of people having bad reactions , some dying . A vaccine last for years, this does not .

Is the flu vaccine also not a vaccine? Because you have to take it every year.

Also all the vaccines have an emergency use authorization from the FDA. It's not technically FDA "Approval" but only because in this situation they did not want to make the vaccine wait years to be approved just because of bureaucratic red tape.

Is the flu vaccine also not a vaccine? Because you have to take it every year.

Also all the vaccines have an emergency use authorization from the FDA. It's not technically FDA "Approval" but only because in this situation they did not want to make the vaccine wait years to be approved just because of bureaucratic red tape.

I do believe it's considered approved since the EUA actually has the FDA's stamp of approval, even if provisional.

The guy being that guy claims it hasn't been approved ignores all of the testing done for the last 10+ years in addition to the clinical trials which consistently proved the efficacy and safety of the vaccines.

I don't think we know conclusively how long they'll last yet, although I suspect it will end up that how long it lasts will be on a spectrum of time and not a specific number.

As a moderator, I rarely give out dead Falcon and clown reactions in the spirit of trying to keep things positive. Occasionally, however, an exception has to be made, particularly when a life and death situation--literally-- arises.

I'm all for a degree of skepticism. I think that an open minded population filled with people willing to come to their own conclusions after research that they have performed from legitimate sources is generally a good thing.

Concerned about some people potentially getting sick from the vaccine? Concerned about the long term ramifications of the COVID vaccine? You know...I'm ok with that. I think that any reasonable person would acknowledge that there is some risk of literally everything in life.

But it gets annoying when people post random stories about some random person that their cousin heard about was denied care from an ER because "insurance wouldn't cover" as rationale to not get the vaccine. I'm sorry...but that's stupid. Even if the person didn't even need to be seen at the ER, which is probably over 75% of the ER visits...the ER would have seen the person anyway. Would insurance have covered the visit? Of course it would have. Hospitals want to get paid. And if someone is sick...REGARDLESS OF CAUSE...they get seen by the ER. Now eventually the patient could get billed and insurance may not cover if the ER visit wasn't justified...but that isn't determined at the ER visit...that's done way after the fact. So when stories like this are posted, they are void of an understanding of how the healthcare system/insurance works...and it illegitimizes not only the story, but the entire post.

It's not a vaccine , it's gene therapy and has not been approved by the FDA . I know of and heard of people having bad reactions , some dying . A vaccine last for years, this does not . And no telling what happens to your DNA afterwards , My sister who is 2 years older than me had the second shot recently and for 3 days couldn't make it out the bed , chills , fever , just extremely sick . She said she is better but still feeling the effects . Also, here in our city another lady who took the second shot also got so sick that she was brought to the hospital ER only to be told her insurance wouldn't cover a thing because the so-called vaccines are experimental .

Just for the record: it is a vaccine, it is not gene therapy, it is not 'experimental' and it has been approved by the FDA, it does not relate to your DNA, and researchers believe the vaccine will indeed last for years (but they don't know b/c the earliest recipients are still just months out). If you have proper health insurance coverage, you will not be denied coverage for an adverse reaction that requires medical attention.

Death (in a very, very tiny fraction of patients) as a reaction to the vaccine is under investigation and not conclusive but I can't say it isn't true so I won't.

I know most of you know this and have already posted corrections, I'm just a bit OCD about such glaring inaccuracies and have to chime in.

Just for the record: it is a vaccine, it is not gene therapy, it is not 'experimental' and it has been approved by the FDA, it does not relate to your DNA, and researchers believe the vaccine will indeed last for years (but they don't know b/c the earliest recipients are still just months out). If you have proper health insurance coverage, you will not be denied coverage for an adverse reaction that requires medical attention.

Death (in a very, very tiny fraction of patients) as a reaction to the vaccine is under investigation and not conclusive but I can't say it isn't true so I won't.

I know most of you know this and have already posted corrections, I'm just a bit OCD about such glaring inaccuracies and have to chime in.

About half of the people I know, including nurses, seem very reluctant to get the vaccination. Surprisingly, this includes different political demographics. What better way to settle it than by coming to a Saints message board.

edit: Geez I somehow allowed people to pick more than one answer on a yes/no poll. Doh!

you probably won't read...because it's a conspiracy...but why not?

Fake Science: XMRV, COVID-19, and the Toxic Legacy of Dr. Judy Mikovits

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom