Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (8 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
Oh, it's not a microchip, it's a "subdermal implant". Yeah, not making any more 5G jokes now.

Last edited:
Interesting read on the blot clot issues with the J&J Vaccine:

It appears to me that it's not totally clear the the number of cases of this type of blood clot in the 7 million doses of J&J vaccine given is actually significantly higher than the background number of cases of this type of blood clot normally (around 5 cases per one million people). Although, there is something else that seems to be present in these cases that makes it a bit more rare and, at least so far but they don't know the normal rate of occurrence for the even rarer twist. It also appears to be happening in younger women.

Edit: I also found this interesting:

" Anna Rothschild: I mean, and to be clear, I don’t think the FDA has come out and said for certain that it is related to this sort of class of vaccines, these adenovirus vaccines. That being said, they also have not seen these types of clots with the Moderna or Pfizer vaccines, which use a different delivery system called mRNA.

Kaleigh Rogers: Yeah, just the fact that this is such — if it was just regular blood clots, that would be one thing, but the fact that this is such a rare syndrome, that typically we don’t see that often just in a normal population, and they both came up only with these two vaccines, but not with the other two, is a flag to pay attention to.

Maggie Koerth: And it’s a good flag — it’s a good thing that we are paying attention to it. I know, I’ve seen, like, some people sort of arguing that this shouldn’t have been, this pause shouldn’t have happened — that, you know, it, it just kind of gives the idea that it gives, like, some sort of, I don’t know, credence to anti-vaccine fears, I think is really spurious. Because this is how the system is supposed to operate. We’re supposed to pay attention to things that are dangerous and things that we can do something about like this. And we’re supposed to do something about them. And that’s what we see happening.

I personally think that Maggie Koerth is right that this is the system working how it is supposed to, but I do think that it will embolden the anti-vaxers to renew their attack on all vaccine, including Pfizer and Moderna, and ignore that it appears that it is only the J&J and Astra-Zeneca vaccines that have this issue. And, of course, ignore the fact that the virus is far more dangerous than the J&J and A-Z vaccines even if we assume that they do cause these blood clots. I mean, for J&J there are only 6 cases in 7 million vaccinations and only one of those was fatal with one other requiring hospitalization. The rates of death and hospitalization from COVID are much higher than 1 or 2 in 7 million infected people.

Last edited:
It had already started and it's going to get worse. If they get their way, these people are going to destroy our economy for the long term since if it was up to them nobody would be vaccinated for anything.

That sign works both ways... that's kinda funny.

Interesting read on the blot clot issues with the J&J Vaccine:

It appears to me that it's not totally clear the the number of cases of this type of blood clot in the 7 million doses of J&J vaccine given is actually significantly higher than the background number of cases of this type of blood clot normally (around 5 cases per one million people). Although, there is something else that seems to be present in these cases that makes it a bit more rare and, at least so far but they don't know the normal rate of occurrence for the even rarer twist. It also appears to be happening in younger women.

Edit: I also found this interesting:

" Anna Rothschild: I mean, and to be clear, I don’t think the FDA has come out and said for certain that it is related to this sort of class of vaccines, these adenovirus vaccines. That being said, they also have not seen these types of clots with the Moderna or Pfizer vaccines, which use a different delivery system called mRNA.

Kaleigh Rogers: Yeah, just the fact that this is such — if it was just regular blood clots, that would be one thing, but the fact that this is such a rare syndrome, that typically we don’t see that often just in a normal population, and they both came up only with these two vaccines, but not with the other two, is a flag to pay attention to.

Maggie Koerth: And it’s a good flag — it’s a good thing that we are paying attention to it. I know, I’ve seen, like, some people sort of arguing that this shouldn’t have been, this pause shouldn’t have happened — that, you know, it, it just kind of gives the idea that it gives, like, some sort of, I don’t know, credence to anti-vaccine fears, I think is really spurious. Because this is how the system is supposed to operate. We’re supposed to pay attention to things that are dangerous and things that we can do something about like this. And we’re supposed to do something about them. And that’s what we see happening.

I personally think that Maggie Koerth is right that this is the system working how it is supposed to, but I do think that it will embolden the anti-vaxers to renew their attack on all vaccine, including Pfizer and Moderna, and ignore that it appears that it is only the J&J and Astra-Zeneca vaccines that have this issue. And, of course, ignore the fact that the virus is far more dangerous than the J&J and A-Z vaccines even if we assume that they do cause these blood clots. I mean, for J&J there are only 6 cases in 7 million vaccinations and only one of those was fatal with one other requiring hospitalization. The rates of death and hospitalization from COVID are much higher than 1 or 2 in 7 million infected people.

Also, there the type of clot is treatable so, the pause appears to be more about getting info out to doctors letting them know that they need to treat clots in people that had the J&J vaccine different:

"Anna Rothschild: Right. So is there a treatment for this rare condition?

Maggie Koerth: There is. I think that that’s one of the reasons why they’re actually putting this pause on this is that this is something that’s treatable, but it’s treatable in a way that is different from how you would normally treat a blood clot situation. So, part of what this pause is doing is giving, giving a chance for, like, this information to get disseminated among health care workers so that if you show up as someone who is having a blood clot problem, and who has gotten vaccinated recently, they know to treat you in the correct way that will save your life."

After 24 hours with Pfizer shot #1, my arm is still a bit sore. I started yawning early last night and slept pretty well. One piece of advice that I'm glad I followed is for side-sleepers (like me) to get the shot in the arm that you normally don't sleep on. I'm right-handed, but sleep on my left side, so I decided to get the shot in the right arm. That was a very wise decision as I was able to sleep through the night.

That said, I was pretty lethargic today, so I took a nap.

Other than that, everything is great. Very minimal side effects from the first shot.

After 24 hours with Pfizer shot #1, my arm is still a bit sore. I started yawning early last night and slept pretty well. One piece of advice that I'm glad I followed is for side-sleepers (like me) to get the shot in the arm that you normally don't sleep on. I'm right-handed, but sleep on my left side, so I decided to get the shot in the right arm. That was a very wise decision as I was able to sleep through the night.

Other than that, everything is great. Very minimal side effects from the first shot.
:jpshakehead:

The 2nd shot is going in the left arm. I'm not a Dr., so don't ask me why,but you choose the arm where the first shot goes,but the 2nd one goes in the opposite arm

Well, crap.

I just googled an article that said some clinics allow the 2nd shot in the same arm as the first. I received both doses at Keesler AFB. I didn't have a choice. I took the first in my right arm. When I bought my card for the 2nd,the nurse told me you're getting the 2nd in your left arm.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom