Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (11 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
Can't say I agree. As a Type 1 diabetic for over 35 years, I definitely looked into a lot of these claims. Some are inaccurate while others, especially the stigma against saccharin, is way overblown.

The biggest concern with artificial sweeteners is that people feel using them give a pass to eat more, which, of course, isn't true.

i was so addicted to my diet Coke’s. The only thing I know about the sweeteners for sure is that I had hit a wall at about 185 when i was fasting. Wouldn’t budge for anything. I dropped the diet Coke’s and dropped another Ten pounds in about two weeks. There is definately something to the fact that they affect the GI just like sugar does.

So i just saw the thread on the SSF board about the SR member “St PJ”, who passed away yesterday from Covid at 40 years young... :-( .. While i rarely agreed with anything he posted, it obviously hits very close knowing that someone here that young (and 40 is VERY young) literally lost his life due to this virus.. i have been taking a wait-and-see approach to getting the vax , and ultimately planned to get it in May, so in the next week or two.. I think that this news might convince me to try to go tomorrow and get it, or early next week, sooner than i had planned.. Intellectually, i knew that the virus was bad, but i didn’t personally know anyone that young who had succumbed to it.. by all accounts , he was in great shape, not obese or anything .. now that i “know” someone, it definitely has instilled more of a sense of urgency in me.

So i just saw the thread on the SSF board about the SR member “St PJ”, who passed away yesterday from Covid at 40 years young... :-( .. While i rarely agreed with anything he posted, it obviously hits very close knowing that someone here that young (and 40 is VERY young) literally lost his life due to this virus.. i have been taking a wait-and-see approach to getting the vax , and ultimately planned to get it in May, so in the next week or two.. I think that this news might convince me to try to go tomorrow and get it, or early next week, sooner than i had planned.. Intellectually, i knew that the virus was bad, but i didn’t personally know anyone that young who had succumbed to it.. by all accounts , he was in great shape, not obese or anything .. now that i “know” someone, it definitely has instilled more of a sense of urgency in me.

Holy crap, I had not seen that. I also frequently disagreed with him (including his insistence that Covid was not a pandemic and that masks didn't work) this still hits hard - reality. I do know he believed very strongly in his faith and I hope that gives his family and his soul comfort. RIP

I was actually coming here to see if anyone had commented on his passing in this or the other Covid thread. And I agree, it hits extremely close to home for someone so young.

I saw someone else here mention it, and thought it sounded cryptic, then find out he is actually RIP. That's a gut punch.

One of my co workers was 28 when he succumbed to it. It's vicious. Please get vaccinated the next chance you get. I can only speak for south Ms, but you can literally walk into any local pharmacy and get the vaccine.

Very well said

I was screamed and cursed at by an unhinged anti-masker today near UNC. She was walking through Target on Franklin. I noticed she wasn't masked so I immediately backed away from her. She turned to me and started cursing at me. There was another completely unmasked man hassling an employee at the register over a drink price at the same time. I feel terrible for people working retail during all of this.

She then decided to engage me outside of the store. She must be a regular as some students at the crosswalk saw her barking at me and were yelling at me to get away from her. She was smoking a cigarette, in my face screaming at me about COVID being a conspiracy.

I luckily got my second Pfizer shot Monday morning, and was wearing a KN95 and sunglasses, so I feel reasonably protected.

Glad I got my vaccination as soon as I saw an appointment open within an hour's drive of me. Be careful out there folks. Get vaccinated.

Last edited:
I can’t quite tell if he’s asking this because he thinks it’s possible or because he wants people to know the answer is no. Hopefully it’s the latter but I can’t tell.

Got my second Pfizer at about 12 pm pacific today.

So far I have had no symptoms from either shot other than local pain.

Sorry to hear about PJ. I didn’t see eye to eye with him on a lot but he was a man of strong conviction and I feel for his family and hope they can find strength.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom