Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (6 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 216 83.7%
  • No

Votes: 46 17.8%

• Total voters

Dre

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
About half of the people I know, including nurses, seem very reluctant to get the vaccination. Surprisingly, this includes different political demographics. What better way to settle it than by coming to a Saints message board.

edit: Geez I somehow allowed people to pick more than one answer on a yes/no poll. Doh!

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
NM, I read it and did some googling. ha.

So, Modera is just a bit behind, but wrapping up their trials too.

Looks like the studies on younger kids are also going to look at smaller doses, down to 1/4, to the same does as adults.

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A lot of Costco's are doing walk in vaccinations and even offering your choice of the 3 vaccines.

Land of plenty indeed.

I now know two people that I care about quite a bit who say they aren’t getting it - and these aren’t people I would consider anti-vax or driven by some political agenda. They just feel hesitant.

I think the PR campaign has done a fairly poor job of explaining the vaccines, the history of the technology, how they’re made, and that they’re not “experimental”.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Land of plenty indeed.

I now know two people that I care about quite a bit who say they aren’t getting it - and these aren’t people I would consider anti-vax or driven by some political agenda. They just feel hesitant.

I think the PR campaign has done a fairly poor job of explaining the vaccines, the history of the technology, how they’re made, and that they’re not “experimental”.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why isn’t that a commercial during the nfl draft, Masters, and nonstop on prime time?
No money in informing people?

I don't know.

And it looks like a lot of the other ads they're putting out there are going after heat strings vs brain cells.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No money in informing people?

I don't know.

And it looks like a lot of the other ads they're putting out there are going after heat strings vs brain cells.

Well I don’t think PSAs aim to make money but I think you’re right that they have elected other themes.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well I don’t think PSAs aim to make money but I think you’re right that they have elected other themes.
Sorry, that was more about why the news doesn't shove that idea down our throat. No money in it for them. Commercials are just money spent, agree.

Reaction score
To be clear...mRNA vaccines aren't new. They don't change your DNA. There is nothing inheritantly bad about mRNA vaccines. But the mRNA encoding a spike protein unique to coronavirus is new. There is growing literature, but we are definitely in the learning phase. We know enough about the vaccines through the early clinical trials to know that they are much safer than contracting COVID...they help people from getting ill if do get COVID and they may help spreading COVID.

If people are getting side effects such as DIC and menstrual irregularities...it's not because it's an mRNA vaccine, it's because of the resulting spike protein of COVID that is being produced. By next year, I'm sure that we'll have much better understanding of side effects. The major initial safety trials have planned two year follow-ups. But I'm not as concerned about that...because I don't think that there will be any resulting side effects that occur after the first few months (when the patients were captured by the initial trial)...with the one exception being menstrual irregularities. Most of the side effects that people are reporting that weren't reported in the initial safe trials are less common conditions that would need a much larger sample size than 20,000-30,000 to capture.

I do have one concern that is limiting our access to information. There is an adverse effect reporting website (VAERS). It's been my experience that medical providers either don't know that the website exists, don't know how to use it, or too bias to consider that a symptom/medical provider that develops after a patient gets the vaccine could be due to the COVID vaccine. The website is also glitchy and not user friendly. I know someone who tried to report on the website and after days of trying, simply gave up...and the person was one of the more intelligent medical providers that I know.

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
To be clear...mRNA vaccines aren't new. They don't change your DNA. There is nothing inheritantly bad about mRNA vaccines. But the mRNA encoding a spike protein unique to coronavirus is new. There is growing literature, but we are definitely in the learning phase. We know enough about the vaccines through the early clinical trials to know that they are much safer than contracting COVID...they help people from getting ill if do get COVID and they may help spreading COVID.

If people are getting side effects such as DIC and menstrual irregularities...it's not because it's an mRNA vaccine, it's because of the resulting spike protein of COVID that is being produced. By next year, I'm sure that we'll have much better understanding of side effects. The major initial safety trials have planned two year follow-ups. But I'm not as concerned about that...because I don't think that there will be any resulting side effects that occur after the first few months (when the patients were captured by the initial trial)...with the one exception being menstrual irregularities. Most of the side effects that people are reporting that weren't reported in the initial safe trials are less common conditions that would need a much larger sample size than 20,000-30,000 to capture.

I do have one concern that is limiting our access to information. There is an adverse effect reporting website (VAERS). It's been my experience that medical providers either don't know that the website exists, don't know how to use it, or too bias to consider that a symptom/medical provider that develops after a patient gets the vaccine could be due to the COVID vaccine. The website is also glitchy and not user friendly. I know someone who tried to report on the website and after days of trying, simply gave up...and the person was one of the more intelligent medical providers that I know.
I read an article yesterday about Vaers and the issues. Apparently in 2017 the medical community went from PRISM to a new system called BEST and it has created some issues. I'll see if I can't dig up.

Here it is.

So when you get articles such as this, it only aids to support those who are reluctant to get vaccinated by giving them yet another reason "not to".

We eradicated Polio with a vaccine. The only difference between then and now? Internet and misinformation.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom