Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (7 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
Got my second Pfizer at about 12 pm pacific today.

So far I have had no symptoms from either shot other than local pain.

Sorry to hear about PJ. I didn’t see eye to eye with him on a lot but he was a man of strong conviction and I feel for his family and hope they can find strength.
I also got my second Prize shot today.

I was a bit fatigued the day after the first one, I'm prepared for more of the same tomorrow. A bit of local pain to the arm but not something i notice as long as I'm doing something else.

Last edited:
Today is day 2 of my Moderna shot, and it feels like my arm got hit by a mack truck, which happens when I get my flu shot. I did have a slight chill this morning and feeling sluggish but I should be able to wear this off once I'm moving around.

Once again, thanks to all who have decided to get vaccinated. When I received my 2nd Phizer dose, I felt like Mike Tyson punched me in the arm and was fatigued for a few days. That's normal and much better than catching the actual virus. Please keep in mind it takes up to two weeks after the shot to build enough anti-bodies where the CDC says you can gather in small groups without a mask indoors with other people who've been vaccinated as well. Tomorrow will be 7 weeks since I received my 2nd dose. I still wear my mask and social distance while in public places

Ironically, it's the no maskers that are preventing you from taking off your mask because they're also the no vacciners.
Well, if they're deliberate no-maskers, then fork em. I only worry about those who are actually trying to do the right thing.

I'd give this whole thing another 60 days. By then, everyone who wants to be vaccinated should be vaccinated. Then just go ahead and lift the mask mandate. It's gonna be time sooner or later anyway.

I wear masks when inside public places with people around. But outside and at home, nah.

Not sure if this means anything concrete, but:

There are starting to be quiet rumblings in the media that Pfizer vaccine approval for ages 12-15 is now imminent -- like coming in early May (see links below).

My wife heard something from someone that, somehow, they had ALREADY gotten a vaccination appointment for their young teenager. So my wife asked me to start calling around for our 14-year-old son.

I called the same Ochsner line I called back in late March for our 17-year-old's vaccination appointment (844-888-2772). This time, when the Ochsner CSR realized we were attempting to schedule an appointment for a 14-year-old, the CSR created a new database record for my son as he was not a previous Ochsner patient. Then the CSR told me that while she didn't know the exact date, they gotten a lot of notifications from the CDC (and maybe the FDA, too? Didn't say) about delivering the vaccines 12-15 year-olds. The CSR advised me that she couldn't schedule my son just yet, but to call back next Monday, and then to keep trying every few days.

Not sure if this means anything concrete, but:

There are starting to be quiet rumblings in the media that Pfizer vaccine approval for ages 12-15 is now imminent -- like coming in early May (see links below).

My wife heard something from someone that, somehow, they had ALREADY gotten a vaccination appointment for their young teenager. So my wife asked me to start calling around for our 14-year-old son.

I called the same Ochsner line I called back in late March for our 17-year-old's vaccination appointment (844-888-2772). This time, when the Ochsner CSR realized we were attempting to schedule an appointment for a 14-year-old, the CSR created a new database record for my son as he was not a previous Ochsner patient. Then the CSR told me that while she didn't know the exact date, they gotten a lot of notifications from the CDC (and maybe the FDA, too? Didn't say) about delivering the vaccines 12-15 year-olds. The CSR advised me that she couldn't schedule my son just yet, but to call back next Monday, and then to keep trying every few days.

Just FYI, the FDA and CDC are actually sister agencies under the Department of Health and Human Services. So it's quite possible that you got notifications from both. Their scope of work does intersect every now and then.

Ironically, it's the no maskers that are preventing you from taking off your mask because they're also the no vacciners.
Another irony is the anti-maskers and anti - vaccers need the ones who have been vaccinated to protect them. I was listening to WWL earlier today on break. An epidemiologist was a guest. He said he doesn't believe enough Americans will get vaccinated in order to build herd immunity. It's political,but that's for another forum

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom