Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (2 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 216 83.7%
  • No

Votes: 46 17.8%

• Total voters

Dre

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
About half of the people I know, including nurses, seem very reluctant to get the vaccination. Surprisingly, this includes different political demographics. What better way to settle it than by coming to a Saints message board.

edit: Geez I somehow allowed people to pick more than one answer on a yes/no poll. Doh!

Booker

All-Pro
Reaction score
Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday. Woke up about 3am feeling like I got hit by a truck, but I'm feeling a little better not as bad this morning. My wife gets her second shot tonight, so at least I can give her preview of what to expect.

As far as people who are vax-reluctant, I've got two that work for me that are adamant that they aren't getting a shot. One, who is about 60, says that if she gets the vaccine she'll "just get sick all year" and the other one saw that one woman became paralyzed after taking a vaccine so she's not going to get a shot. What can you do?

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
. What can you do?
Nothing, I'm still reading posts on FB saying you are getting chipped and it will alter your DNA. I've given up debating those types. Their minds are made up.

Reaction score
I read an article yesterday about Vaers and the issues. Apparently in 2017 the medical community went from PRISM to a new system called BEST and it has created some issues. I'll see if I can't dig up.

Here it is.

So when you get articles such as this, it only aids to support those who are reluctant to get vaccinated by giving them yet another reason "not to".

We eradicated Polio with a vaccine. The only difference between then and now? Internet and misinformation.
Yeah...it's not a reason to not get vaccinated, but I do think that we have to do what we can do to instill confidence in the public. We should have a desire to learn everything we can about the outcomes of our interventions, and right now so much is being done to stick vaccines in peoples arms that some of that is being lost. We have a rare opportunity to have an ENORMOUS sample size on a particular intervention, but none of that will matter if we do not have a way to collect the data.

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
When i hear people talk about that stuff i ask them if they take ANY medication? When they say yes, i ask them why when people on that medication have had side effects including death. "But thats different" is usually the response..

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
On the one hand if this is what it takes to get people to take the vaccine fine

but on the other hand, really?

You won't take this FREE vaccine that could save your life or your families lives or anyone you come into contact with lives but if someone slips you a Ben Franklin you'll do it?
=================================

What’s the best way to persuade the millions of Americans who are still unvaccinated against Covid-19 to get their shots?

Reassuring public service announcements about the vaccine’s safety and effectiveness have proliferated. But increasingly, people are realizing that it will take more than just information to sway the hesitant.

In recent randomized survey experiments by the U.C.L.A. Covid-19 Health and Politics Project, two seemingly strong incentives have emerged.

Roughly a third of the unvaccinated population said a cash payment would make them more likely to get a shot. This suggests that some governors may be on the right track; West Virginia’s governor, Jim Justice, for example, recently announced the state would give young people $100 bonds if they got an inoculation.

Similarly large increases in willingness to take vaccines emerged for those who were asked about getting a vaccine if doing so meant they wouldn’t need to wear a mask or social-distance in public, compared with a group that was told it would still have to do those things........

Last month, researchers randomly assigned unvaccinated respondents to see messages about financial incentives. Some people were asked about the chances they would get a vaccine if it came with a $25 cash payment; other people were asked about receiving $50 or $100.

Roughly a third of the unvaccinated population said a cash payment would make them more likely to get a shot. The benefits were largest for those in the group getting $100, which increased willingness (34 percent said they would get vaccinated) by six points over the $25 group.

The effect was greatest for unvaccinated Democrats, 48 percent of whom said they would be more likely to get vaccinated if it came with a $100 payment.

Some past research shows that payment for vaccines can backfire, and in the U.C.L.A. study about 15 percent of unvaccinated people report a decrease in willingness to vaccinate because of payments. But at this later stage of a vaccine campaign — when attention has now turned to the hesitant — the net benefit seems to be tilting toward payment............

gboudx

Not trusting a big butt and a smile since 1990.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
When i hear people talk about that stuff i ask them if they take ANY medication? When they say yes, i ask them why when people on that medication have had side effects including death. "But thats different" is usually the response..

It is different in that those medications are probably FDA-approved. The vaccines are not FDA-approved. But that may not be what they mean by saying it's different.

Reaction score

Water has killed people. Herbal supplements have killed people. Food has killed people. Death is an inevitable part of living...and we are fragile beings. There is no question that the vaccine saves and prevents long term complications in significantly more people than it does not. That's all that should matter.

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
There is also legal recourse for most medications if there are issues, but not so for the vaccines.
I'm not saying don't take vaccines, but know the risks and understand you have no legal recourse if something bad happens.

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
There is also legal recourse for most medications if there are issues, but not so for the vaccines.
I'm not saying don't take vaccines, but know the risks and understand you have no legal recourse if something bad happens.

there is no legal recourse for COVID 19 either.

So at this point, if you are willing to roll the dice and crap out, thats on you. Not the nurses and doctors that afforded you care, not the hospital system and not the folks around you that possibly gave you COVID.

Legal recourse should be down the "concern list" when it comes to battling a novel virus.

Outside of feeling bad for a day or two, what exactly are the risks to an mRNA vaccine that you think would be so egregious as to have to hire legal counsel to sue for?

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday. Woke up about 3am feeling like I got hit by a truck, but I'm feeling a little better not as bad this morning. My wife gets her second shot tonight, so at least I can give her preview of what to expect.

As far as people who are vax-reluctant, I've got two that work for me that are adamant that they aren't getting a shot. One, who is about 60, says that if she gets the vaccine she'll "just get sick all year" and the other one saw that one woman became paralyzed after taking a vaccine so she's not going to get a shot. What can you do?

My sister is on a FB group of "long covid" folks. Said she cannot believe some of the folks on that group that are taking:

horse meds
a cocktail of HCQ/Remdesevir and one other she named but i forgot- ALL BOUGHT BLACK MARKET- THINK ABOUT THAT...they ORDER from either CHINA or Canada and TAKE EM without hesitation.

yet they ABSOLUTELY REFUSE the vaccine. From tracking to DNA replacement, thats their issue. There is now a mountain of information regarding mRNA vaccines, how they work, how they were developed etc etc. Yet these folks simply refuse to read, understand and use logic and common sense. They would rather die or live with complications from COIVD 19 and find their own cure than to take what the medical and scientific community has given us because they dont "trust" ? ?

But some cat in China peddling HCQ...yeah he legit.

its arse-backwards. completely.

Poppy

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
In other words, let's all pretend the virus doesn't exist anymore. Brilliant!

/sarcasm
No one is pretending. Just willing to take the risk. I'm going to Nashville again in 2 weeks. Cannot wait. Ocean springs is a great place to visit too for people ready to get out and enjoy life.

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
there is no legal recourse for COVID 19 either.

So at this point, if you are willing to roll the dice and crap out, thats on you. Not the nurses and doctors that afforded you care, not the hospital system and not the folks around you that possibly gave you COVID.

Legal recourse should be down the "concern list" when it comes to battling a novel virus.

Outside of feeling bad for a day or two, what exactly are the risks to an mRNA vaccine that you think would be so egregious as to have to hire legal counsel to sue for?
I agree, this is why I said you weigh the risks and make the decision that is best for you.
If I was in my 20's and healthy, I would not get the vaccine as the risk of getting COVID and having serious problems with it is extremely low. I would not risk taking a rushed vaccine where the manufacturer is shielded from responsibility as the unknown risk of taking it could be seen as higher than the risk of getting COVID and having a serious health concern from it.

Seeing that I am getting older, there is more of a chance that COVID could be a more serious issue for me, so I take this into consideration in whether I want the vaccine or not. People who are in their 60's and older have even more of a reason to take the vaccine as they have even higher risk from getting COVID and having serious complications.

Pharma companies (Including Pfizer and J&J) have paid out serious money in lawsuits for effects from drugs that they were legally culpable for.
So if they risk lawsuits on drugs they can be sued for, what would make you think would be any more careful on a drug where they can't be sued?

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No one is pretending. Just willing to take the risk. I'm going to Nashville again in 2 weeks. Cannot wait. Ocean springs is a great place to visit too for people ready to get out and enjoy life.

I don't have a problem with that as long as it's done safely.

Poppy

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with that as long as it's done safely.
Just depends what your idea of safety is I guess. Nashville restaurants and bars rolling. No masking required.

nolaswede

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I agree, this is why I said you weigh the risks and make the decision that is best for you.
If I was in my 20's and healthy, I would not get the vaccine as the risk of getting COVID and having serious problems with it is extremely low. I would not risk taking a rushed vaccine where the manufacturer is shielded from responsibility as the unknown risk of taking it could be seen as higher than the risk of getting COVID and having a serious health concern from it.

Seeing that I am getting older, there is more of a chance that COVID could be a more serious issue for me, so I take this into consideration in whether I want the vaccine or not. People who are in their 60's and older have even more of a reason to take the vaccine as they have even higher risk from getting COVID and having serious complications.

Pharma companies (Including Pfizer and J&J) have paid out serious money in lawsuits for effects from drugs that they were legally culpable for.
So if they risk lawsuits on drugs they can be sued for, what would make you think would be any more careful on a drug where they can't be sued?

I understand your point of view, and unfortunately a lot of younger people feel that way. However, it’s a lot about protecting your loved ones around you. There are a lot of people on the people that have lost friends and family members during the last year. And many of them were not considered old!

Maxp

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
My sister is on a FB group of "long covid" folks. Said she cannot believe some of the folks on that group that are taking:

horse meds
a cocktail of HCQ/Remdesevir and one other she named but i forgot- ALL BOUGHT BLACK MARKET- THINK ABOUT THAT...they ORDER from either CHINA or Canada and TAKE EM without hesitation.

yet they ABSOLUTELY REFUSE the vaccine. From tracking to DNA replacement, thats their issue. There is now a mountain of information regarding mRNA vaccines, how they work, how they were developed etc etc. Yet these folks simply refuse to read, understand and use logic and common sense. They would rather die or live with complications from COIVD 19 and find their own cure than to take what the medical and scientific community has given us because they dont "trust" ? ?

But some cat in China peddling HCQ...yeah he legit.

its arse-backwards. completely.
The latest folk medicine to cure COVID is Ivermectin. I believe it is being studied on a large scale in India presently.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom