Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (14 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 214 83.6%
  • No

Votes: 45 17.6%

• Total voters

Dre

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
About half of the people I know, including nurses, seem very reluctant to get the vaccination. Surprisingly, this includes different political demographics. What better way to settle it than by coming to a Saints message board.

edit: Geez I somehow allowed people to pick more than one answer on a yes/no poll. Doh!

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just depends what your idea of safety is I guess. Nashville restaurants and bars rolling. No masking required.

Like I said, as long as you're safe, meaning vaccinated or masked. If you've done that, then I got no issues with it.

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
The latest folk medicine to cure COVID is Ivermectin. I believe it is being studied on a large scale in India presently.

Ivermectin? The parasitic worm medicine? :covri:

Last edited:

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
The latest folk medicine to cure COVID is Ivermectin. I believe it is being studied on a large scale in India presently.

Thats it- i remember the "mectin" part.

these folks are ordering and taking ( along with HCQ and Remdesevir )

its insanity. Mixing 3 drugs that each have own side effects without any consultation with physicians on the possible complications.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It is different in that those medications are probably FDA-approved. The vaccines are not FDA-approved. But that may not be what they mean by saying it's different.

I mean, they all have Emergency Use Authorization from the FDA. I think the difference between that and full FDA approval is more about formalities than anything else. And I doubt anyone refusing to take it for lack of FDA approval is basing it on the differences between what it takes to get an Emergency Use Authorization and full approval from the FDA.

Beyond that, lots of stuff that gets FDA approval ends of having unexpected side effects too.

RaginCajun83

Saints/Wrestling Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Worried about side effects, geez some commercials make it sound like it’s better to not take the stuff they are trying to sell

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Pharma companies (Including Pfizer and J&J) have paid out serious money in lawsuits for effects from drugs that they were legally culpable for.
So if they risk lawsuits on drugs they can be sued for, what would make you think would be any more careful on a drug where they can't be sued?

I mean, it's not the case that just because they paid money they did something knowingly wrong or even unknowingly wrong. Sometimes they pay because its just cheaper than defending the suit. It happens, but usually it's more about negligence than intent.

The difference here is that the development of these vaccines and the testing of these vaccines was watched closely by the entire world and at least two companies came up with very similar vaccines.

Also, in this case, big Pharma received lots of government funding and knew that making a safe vaccine that worked was a guarantee of huge profits. There is and was no reason to risk a bad product. Especially when if it turned out it was harmful and/or didn't work, it might destroy the company. Frankly, if a company decides whether do ship a bad product based on whether or not they can be sued for it, they aren't likely to last in business for long.

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
I mean, it's not the case that just because they paid money they did something knowingly wrong or even unknowingly wrong. Sometimes they pay because its just cheaper than defending the suit. It happens, but usually it's more about negligence than intent.

The difference here is that the development of these vaccines and the testing of these vaccines was watched closely by the entire world and at least two companies came up with very similar vaccines.

Also, in this case, big Pharma received lots of government funding and knew that making a safe vaccine that worked was a guarantee of huge profits. There is and was no reason to risk a bad product. Especially when if it turned out it was harmful and/or didn't work, it might destroy the company. Frankly, if a company decides whether do ship a bad product based on whether or not they can be sued for it, they aren't likely to last in business for long.
Then they should have no problem taking on the liability, but that's not what happened.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thats it- i remember the "mectin" part.

these folks are ordering and taking ( along with HCQ and Remdesevir )

its insanity. Mixing 3 drugs that each have own side effects without any consultation with physicians on the possible complications.

Yeah, but as long as they weren't made by big Pharma and have FDA approval (even if it's for some other purpose), I'm sure they are safe.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Then they should have no problem taking on the liability, but that's not what happened.

I'd have no problem with them being open to liability. But, the fact that they are immune from suit doesn't mean that the vaccines aren't safe or don't work.

And if lawsuits were all we needed to stop companies from doing bad things, then nobody would have made cigarette, asbestos-products, or dumped chemicals into the ground/water. But they did all those things despite not being immune from law suits.

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
I'd have no problem with them being open to liability. But, the fact that they are immune from suit doesn't mean that the vaccines aren't safe or don't work.
I agree, and I am not saying that. I am saying there is a risk with vaccines and if these companies are negligent, part of the risk is there is not the usual legal recourse that most every other industry would have. It would be foolish to not weigh this in when making the decision to get vaccinated.

EDIT: I also want to add that I am hearing the vaccine is more effective than skeptics thought it would be. I am overall positive on the vaccine, but risks should always be weighed.

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Worried about side effects, geez some commercials make it sound like it’s better to not take the stuff they are trying to sell

side effects include:

severe headache
shortness of breath
Severe joint pain
brain fog
increase risk of certain cancers
possible death
anal bleeding

You: geez, I just have a runny nose

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I agree, and I am not saying that. I am saying there is a risk with vaccines and if these companies are negligent, part of the risk is there is not the usual legal recourse that most every other industry would have. It would be foolish to not weigh this in when making the decision to get vaccinated.

EDIT: I also want to add that I am hearing the vaccine is more effective than skeptics thought it would be. I am overall positive on the vaccine, but risks should always be weighed.

I hear you. I'm not saying there aren't risks. There are and they have to be weighed. But they have to be weighed using good information and actual facts. Unfortunately, far too many people are getting false or biased information on social media and from their favorite news sources. So they aren't basing decisions on actual facts.

And, I'm just not sure the immunity the Pharma companies have here is going the make the vaccine any less safe when it has been tested in trials that are actually bigger and had more scrutiny than any drug they develop where they have potential liability. We know the short term risks. They exists, but they are rare and I don't think there has been more than a few deaths, if that many, linked to the millions of vaccines that have been given. What we don't know is the long term risk. We think it's just as low, but I don't see how being open to liability is going to do anything to long term risk when those risks are unknown even if they do exist.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah...it's not a reason to not get vaccinated, but I do think that we have to do what we can do to instill confidence in the public. We should have a desire to learn everything we can about the outcomes of our interventions, and right now so much is being done to stick vaccines in peoples arms that some of that is being lost. We have a rare opportunity to have an ENORMOUS sample size on a particular intervention, but none of that will matter if we do not have a way to collect the data.
I don't know if the V Safe tracker is adequate or near equivalent to VAERS, but they're getting a lot of people to easily self report. They recently followed up with me again, and it's been over a month since my second shot.

I hope they're going to use that data for more than just checking up on people.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No one is pretending. Just willing to take the risk. I'm going to Nashville again in 2 weeks. Cannot wait. Ocean springs is a great place to visit too for people ready to get out and enjoy life.
A lot of people are willing to take all kinds of risks, until they get burned by it, or die.

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score

you continue to say "there is a risk with vaccines..." yet never define. You leave it to interpretation without any concrete risk defined.

What risk exactly other than being a new vaccine? Risk that it doesnt work? Risk that it causes cancer? Risk that it causes infertility? What risk?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom