Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (20 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
I personally know 2 people that have had covid twice. In both cases both times were lab confirmed and several months apart. I wonder how we can get to 70% for herd immunity if the immunity only lasts 3 to 6 months.

I won't be getting any of the vaccines personally. Nor will my immediate family as we are all relatively young and very healthy. My father will be getting it as he is high risk.

There is no way you could convince me to take either of the mRNA vaccines. We have 0 long term safety data in humans for this new type of vaccine. Maybe in a few years after we see of there are any long term issues. The other vaccines using older technology would at least have a valid argument that looking at past long term vaccine safety as evidence for lack of long term side effects. These 2 mRNA vaccines cannot do that. I see it constantly and even heard it directly from a guy in one of the trials when asked about long term safety. He said we know from other vaccines that there are few long term risks. These new vaccines are nothing like the older methods.

In a nutshell, no thanks. I'll continue to wear a mask and social distance.

Yes. I work very closely on a day to day basis in clinical development with very esteemed and trusted colleagues (physicians from all specialties, biomedical engineers, scientists with expertise in microbiology & immunology, researchers, bio-statisticians, toxicologists) who have been in this field for 20+ years. I also work directly with the FDA. They are all on board with getting the vaccine ASAP. I will follow their lead because I trust them more than YouTube and the Trump administration. (sorry not to get political but working in actual science, I am very much at odds with people who think it's all a hoax or that the vaccine is unsafe based on conspiracy theories)

What people have to realize is the long term affects may be more damaging than the vaccine. Neither have been around long enough to know. I do know 2 people who’ve had it and months later their lungs are still very messed up.

Secondly if I pass on the vaccine and god forbid one of my kids dies from Covid because we didn’t k one of an underlying condition I’d be a mess. And the kids need normal interaction in school. We are screwing up their social skills worse than they already are!

While I've already proven through extensive testing since March that miller lite kills covid I will take the vaccine for that added layer of protection. I just hope miller lite doesn't kill the vaccine. Miller lite is pretty selfish and wants to be the only thing, aside from tacoes, residing in a body.

Yes. I work very closely on a day to day basis in clinical development with very esteemed and trusted colleagues (physicians from all specialties, biomedical engineers, scientists with expertise in microbiology & immunology, researchers, bio-statisticians, toxicologists) who have been in this field for 20+ years. I also work directly with the FDA. They are all on board with getting the vaccine ASAP. I will follow their lead because I trust them more than YouTube and the Trump administration. (sorry not to get political but working in actual science, I am very much at odds with people who think it's all a hoax or that the vaccine is unsafe based on conspiracy theories)
This is why I will have no problem taking the vaccine when it's available to me.

Yeah, they have been working on the mRNA stuff and particularly variations of Coronaviruses for quite awhile. SARS, etc. have been well known for many years. It's not like they started from scratch not knowing anything about this type of virus. So, like you, it makes me feel more confident in the work knowing that the tech has been worked on for years. Actually, it seems to me that I recall that I think the Moderna vaccine started in small trials only a couple months after this all started so it wasn't really all that rushed, and they had been working on the basic principles of this for many years prior to that.

My biggest concern with the safety of the vaccines was that it may have been rushed due to political issues, but it appears to me based on my research that all the proper safety protocols were followed and while it looks like it was done quickly to us, they have been working on similar viruses and similar techniques for many years.
Was listening to the Revisionist History podcast today and it essentially made the same point- that it hasn’t been a ‘fast’ process bc they’ve been working on the structure of the vaccine for decades

Yep. All evidence I've heard at work (Nursing Home Director of Rehab) points in favor of getting the vaccine. Previously having Covid does not confer a high enough titer level to keep you from getting re-infected. We may get the first dose before Christmas.

About half of the people I know, including nurses, seem very reluctant to get the vaccination. Surprisingly, this includes different political demographics. What better way to settle it than by coming to a Saints message board.

edit: Geez I somehow allowed people to pick more than one answer on a yes/no poll. Doh!
Given the 25% fatality rate and 92% infection rate among residents, and 60% infection rate among staff (including my entire rehab staff) the nurses, administrators, and staff are all lining up for it. We're going to get hit hard again in late Jan/early Feb with more infections, and the vaccine takes 4 weeks to be fully effective.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom