Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (14 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
Wife gets vaccinated on Jan 6th.

What's making me mad is that out of 160 employees at her facility, only 70 have signed up to get the vaccine. My thinking is "hey can I get one of their doses then??"

Based on guidance from the EEOC and legal counsel, we've made our policy mandatory for all staff members, particularly the clinical staff.

Based on guidance from the EEOC and legal counsel, we've made our policy mandatory for all staff members, particularly the clinical staff.
I've been in discussion with my employer about mandatory vaccination. They're hesitant to mandate it. What I think that they'll do is offer free vaccinations for all employees and their families. After that, non-vaccinated employees will be treated as employees who are suffering from any other illness. They seem to be working on finding out their level of liability if they force people who refused the vaccine to work while ill or around ill people. They're very careful right now but people are playing games with covid. We have people who have quarantined 4 times at 10 days at a clip. Staffing has been difficult and they're running out of patience.

I've been in discussion with my employer about mandatory vaccination. They're hesitant to mandate it. What I think that they'll do is offer free vaccinations for all employees and their families. After that, non-vaccinated employees will be treated as employees who are suffering from any other illness. They seem to be working on finding out their level of liability if they force people who refused the vaccine to work while ill or around ill people. They're very careful right now but people are playing games with covid. We have people who have quarantined 4 times at 10 days at a clip. Staffing has been difficult and they're running out of patience.

So just to put it out there (not sure if you're involved in the decision-making or not), EEOC released guidance on December 16th basically saying that as long as employers adhere to existing accommodation guidelines under ADA, Rehabilitation Act, etc., the vaccine could be mandated for staff and those refusing to take the vaccine can be removed from the workplace. Accommodations do not have to be provided if doing so will place an undue burden on the organization. Plenty of healthcare facilities are using this guidance to mandate the vaccine of their staff.

So just to put it out there (not sure if you're involved in the decision-making or not), EEOC released guidance on December 16th basically saying that as long as employers adhere to existing accommodation guidelines under ADA, Rehabilitation Act, etc., the vaccine could be mandated for staff and those refusing to take the vaccine can be removed from the workplace. Accommodations do not have to be provided if doing so will place an undue burden on the organization. Plenty of healthcare facilities are using this guidance to mandate the vaccine of their staff.
I agree but there is a business to run. As a union rep I can't dictate company policy in this regard but I can make sure that it is meted out fairly. If they get rid of one coworker who refuses then they get rid of all who refuse. Most of my coworkers believe that vaccines make you ill and covid is just the flu. I had one insist that he is immune because he's an American. Mandating such a thing and following through are not as easy as putting the policy in writing.

Updated on side effects: tenderness in injection shoulder has almost fully dissipated 24hr post dosing. Slight fatigue experienced later last night is also gone.

No fever, no nausea, no vomiting, no headaches, or anything else.

Updated on side effects: tenderness in injection shoulder has almost fully dissipated 24hr post dosing. Slight fatigue experienced later last night is also gone.

No fever, no nausea, no vomiting, no headaches, or anything else.
The 2020 flu shot was all of that but for 3 days for me.

My wife and I have gotten the vaccince. She got it Dec 19th. I got it Dec 22. Both of us had soreness at the injection site. Nothing else. My brother in law also got it and had no symptoms whatsoever. We all got Pfizer. She is scheduled January 8 for her second shot. Mine will be January 12th.

Last edited:
My wife and I have gotten the vaccince. She got it Jan 19th. I got it Jan 22. Both of us had soreness at the injection site. Nothing else. My brother in law also got it and had no symptoms whatsoever. We all got Pfizer. She is scheduled January 8 for her second shot. Mine will be January 12th.

I presume you meant Dec 19th and 22nd?

Got my first dose today. So far nothing out of the usual. Not even sore at injection site.
I go back for 2nd dose on Jan 29. I'll update if there are any changes.

Last edited:
Update: developed soreness, about 3/10 level, at the injection site late yesterday that lasted over night. Still sore this morning but reduced to 1-2/10. Keeping the shoulder mobile and doing some gentle self massage to the tissue helps. No other adverse effects noted.

I wonder if the compassion will still be there for people who refused the vaccine?

I believe it will depend on the situation. My daughter is debating it. She's already had the virus and fully recovered.She's thinking
seriously about giving her spot up to someone who has not been infected.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom