Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (4 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
An acquaintance of mine just tweeted that about 17 hours after her second dose of the vaccine she ran the full gamut of symptoms for about 3 hours. She said that some rest and ibuprofen seems to have set things right.

This is the sort of thing you expect, but it still should tick people off.

"NYC real estate brothers Bill and David S. Mack allegedly personally arranged for a host of their wealthy friends from Manhattan and the ritzy Palm Beach Country Club to get the COVID-19 vaccine at a Florida retirement home.

While elderly Florida residents line up overnight for the vaccine, sources say the Macks allegedly “made a list” of one-percenters given the chance to receive the vaccine, and some even allegedly flew in on private jets from NYC for the jab."

"It costs upward of $100,000 to join the exclusive country club, and applications are said to have skyrocketed as more people have relocated from Manhattan to the Palm Beach area in 2020."

If this was intentional, then this is so wrong...
"miscalculation"

As I wrote on the politics boards, the vials at least for the Pfizer/BioNTech vacine contains more vacine than expected. Each vial is supposed to contain 5 dosages, but at least in DK they have found that they can draw 1-2 additional from each vial and vacinating +20% more people than expected

This is a follow-up on something I posted earlier in a thread about the need to get Pharmacies more involved in getting vaccine doses into arms. I actually underestimated how efficient the pharmacies could be in getting vaccine doses done. CVS says it can do about 20-25 million shots per month, Walgreens is about the same size and they could probably do about the same. Combined they could do 40-50 million doses per month. That is about what vaccine production could be in another month or two for US use. The vaccine needs to be opened up to a larger group of people and the pharmacies need to get more involved or there will be millions of doses just sitting there doing nothing. Leave it "exclusive" to each group for 2-4 weeks, then open it up to the next group if supply starts to build. Vaccine on a shelf doesn't do anybody any good.

"Three weeks after shipping began, the program has distributed 15 million doses to hospitals and nursing home providers, but only 4.5 million people have gotten the first of the two-shot regimen. That means 30% of available doses have been used.

Among nursing home residents and caregivers, 365,000 shots have been delivered out of more than 2.5 million distributed – a 14% usage rate.

It may get easier to vaccinate large numbers of people when shots can be delivered at neighborhood pharmacies and health care facilities.

CVS is ready to deliver vaccine at all 10,000 of its pharmacies nationwide and expects to be able to give 20 million to 25 million doses a month once enough vaccine is available.

"We're ready to go once the government authorizes wider distribution," said Mike DeAngelis, a CVS spokesperson."

This is a follow-up on something I posted earlier in a thread about the need to get Pharmacies more involved in getting vaccine doses into arms. I actually underestimated how efficient the pharmacies could be in getting vaccine doses done. CVS says it can do about 20-25 million shots per month, Walgreens is about the same size and they could probably do about the same. Combined they could do 40-50 million doses per month. That is about what vaccine production could be in another month or two for US use. The vaccine needs to be opened up to a larger group of people and the pharmacies need to get more involved or there will be millions of doses just sitting there doing nothing. Leave it "exclusive" to each group for 2-4 weeks, then open it up to the next group if supply starts to build. Vaccine on a shelf doesn't do anybody any good.

"Three weeks after shipping began, the program has distributed 15 million doses to hospitals and nursing home providers, but only 4.5 million people have gotten the first of the two-shot regimen. That means 30% of available doses have been used.

Among nursing home residents and caregivers, 365,000 shots have been delivered out of more than 2.5 million distributed – a 14% usage rate.

It may get easier to vaccinate large numbers of people when shots can be delivered at neighborhood pharmacies and health care facilities.

CVS is ready to deliver vaccine at all 10,000 of its pharmacies nationwide and expects to be able to give 20 million to 25 million doses a month once enough vaccine is available.

"We're ready to go once the government authorizes wider distribution," said Mike DeAngelis, a CVS spokesperson."

So why isn't this happening, like yesterday? Is it the same reason why they waited for a couple weeks to meet about granting use when they could have hopped on Zoom and approved it immediately? Bureaucracy?

So why isn't this happening, like yesterday? Is it the same reason why they waited for a couple weeks to meet about granting use when they could have hopped on Zoom and approved it immediately? Bureaucracy?
Bureaucratic Inertia. That is the best way that I can put it. The states came up with the lists. Louisiana started with Priority 1A Group (Health Care workers and others), now has moved to Priority 1B Group (people over 70 years old and some others) and then will move to their next Priority Group at some point. I think Louisiana is doing about as well as can be expected, but we will know a lot more once Group 1B has been in the works for about 2-3 weeks. The pharmacies that move the vaccine the fastest should get more supply. It is still very much supply constrained overall, but shots need to get moving faster. There is 0% of a reason why Louisiana should not be almost "out" of vaccine at all times. Move the supply, get shots done, get more supply. The number of Pharmacies needs to increase soon, the number of doses sent out needs to increase. If a hospital is "sitting" on thousands of doses, they need to move them or lose them.

So far, we've given out several hundred 1st does this week alone. At this rate and the the few events we have for those eligible, we will have exhaust all of our in the next week or so.

Bureaucratic Inertia. That is the best way that I can put it. The states came up with the lists. Louisiana started with Priority 1A Group (Health Care workers and others), now has moved to Priority 1B Group (people over 70 years old and some others) and then will move to their next Priority Group at some point. I think Louisiana is doing about as well as can be expected, but we will know a lot more once Group 1B has been in the works for about 2-3 weeks. The pharmacies that move the vaccine the fastest should get more supply. It is still very much supply constrained overall, but shots need to get moving faster. There is 0% of a reason why Louisiana should not be almost "out" of vaccine at all times. Move the supply, get shots done, get more supply. The number of Pharmacies needs to increase soon, the number of doses sent out needs to increase. If a hospital is "sitting" on thousands of doses, they need to move them or lose them.
I wouldn't just depend on pharmacies. There are plenty of medical facilities - ambulatory clinics that can handle as much, if not more of what a pharmacy can. The good thing about these clinics - they have the patients that people are trying to point to pharmacies already.

I have my dad scheduled for his first dose of the Moderna Vaccine tomorrow morning. It will be administered at one of the pharmacies in Louisiana that started doing vaccinations this week.

This will be a huge relief once I get him fully vaccinated. Six more weeks until 95-100% immunity. That's good enough for me.

I wouldn't just depend on pharmacies. There are plenty of medical facilities - ambulatory clinics that can handle as much, if not more of what a pharmacy can. The good thing about these clinics - they have the patients that people are trying to point to pharmacies already.

I posted the following a few weeks ago. When I went to my dentist for a scheduled cleaning, he told me dental offices were
going to be part of the vaccination process along with frontline paramedics. I haven't heard anything recently about this. I agree
with you, we should use all available avenues. Dentists certainly know how to give a shot.

As I wrote on the politics boards, the vials at least for the Pfizer/BioNTech vacine contains more vacine than expected. Each vial is supposed to contain 5 dosages, but at least in DK they have found that they can draw 1-2 additional from each vial and vacinating +20% more people than expected
The same is true for the Moderna vaccine.

I received the 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday. After 24 hours I feel normal except deltoid soreness from the injection. Hope everyone gets his when the time comes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom