Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (28 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
My wife and I have gotten the vaccince. She got it Dec 19th. I got it Dec 22. Both of us had soreness at the injection site. Nothing else. My brother in law also got it and had no symptoms whatsoever. We all got Pfizer. She is scheduled January 8 for her second shot. Mine will be January 12th.

As an update, my wife and I received the second dose of Pfizer on 1/8/21 and 1/11/21, respectively. MY wife incurred only minor symptoms approximately 16 hours after receiving the vaccine with mild body aches and fatigue, and resolved with few hours.

I unfortunately endured basically every recorded common symptom from the second dose. I received the dose at 8 am, then at 5 pm the same day, I started feeling lightheaded and fatigued. I already had soreness at the injection site. I began having body aches. The following day while at work, I had all those symptoms in addition to nausea. By the time I got home about 32 hours after my shot, I was extremely fatigued and began having low grade fevers. (Not going to lie, I was wondering if I had COVID and was thinking about getting tested the next day if my symptoms persist, also out of precaution I stayed away from the family and isolated myself to the basement). However just as described in the vaccine study, I woke up a little less than 48 hours after my shot, and I felt fine. Fever gone, fatigue gone, body aches gone, nausea gone. Now the only residual adverse effect from all this is my wife calling me "weak" and a "baby" and how women are stronger than men :rolleyes:

You are right about getting medical info off FB. We have 53 employees in my dept. at Keesler. Only 26 signed up for the vaccine. I asked them why not. The reason I'm getting is every time I got the flu shot, I caught the flu. I just keep my mouth shut and walk away

That's why we decided to make getting the vaccine a condition of employment.

Ok...entering day 2. The good: my arm is much less sore today than it was after my initial vaccine. The bad: I have and am still experiencing some flu like symptoms of the vaccine. Last night I had a pounding headache and chills that resulted in me getting a few hours of sleep. I sort of wish I had a day off to recuperate, just to try to get some sleep. Something to understand about vaccinations, is that what you experience is your body developing an immune response. So it is certainly not a BAD thing that I experienced some flu like symptoms with the vaccine, because that says that I have built a strong immune response, but it's just unfortunate that I have to work feeling a little crummy.

Day 3. About midway through yesterday my chills and headache resolved. Other than being a little tired the rest of the day because of less sleep I felt fine. My deltoid soreness is also now minimal.

I think what he meant was that many of those workers are more likely to get their vaccine 'news' from Facebook or wherever compared to a doctor. "Healthcare worker refuses vaccine" might scare off the public but there is a difference between "Epidemiologist refuses vaccine" vs "Orderly refuses vaccine"

This. I talked about this many pages back re: when I hear people say "I'm not getting it because my friend who is a nurse doesn't trust it."

I work in research & development. I trust the scientists I work with & the scientists that worked on the vaccine more than I trust any nurse in this country and even trust their word over a doctor (which, btw....I have worked in healthcare a very long time and literally every single doctor that *I* personally know as colleagues or friends are all getting the vaccine willingly).

A few weeks ago, this chick I am IG friends with reposted a video with some nurse posted who "fainted" after getting the vaccine & said she was not going to get it after seeing that video.

It's dumb and misleading. Nothing is 100% guaranteed. You literally take a risk with taking a walk around the block or getting into your car. Every time you order takeout or eat at restaurant, you risk getting violently ill. I just can't take it! Statistics and logic are clearly not the strong suit of a lot of people.

I also cannot get on board with the "this is brand new...we don't know long term effects". No, actually the science is not new but thanks for playing.

This. I talked about this many pages back re: when I hear people say "I'm not getting it because my friend who is a nurse doesn't trust it."

I work in research & development. I trust the scientists I work with & the scientists that worked on the vaccine more than I trust any nurse in this country and even trust their word over a doctor (which, btw....I have worked in healthcare a very long time and literally every single doctor that *I* personally know as colleagues or friends are all getting the vaccine willingly).

A few weeks ago, this chick I am IG friends with reposted a video with some nurse posted who "fainted" after getting the vaccine & said she was not going to get it after seeing that video.

It's dumb and misleading. Nothing is 100% guaranteed. You literally take a risk with taking a walk around the block or getting into your car. Every time you order takeout or eat at restaurant, you risk getting violently ill. I just can't take it! Statistics and logic are clearly not the strong suit of a lot of people.

I also cannot get on board with the "this is brand new...we don't know long term effects". No, actually the science is not new but thanks for playing.
For too long now in education, we've stressed the importance of and focused on math and ELA, while the sciences have been cast aside. There are too many people who are so weak in basic biological sciences because it was just a class they had to take and pass to graduate. That whole, "When am I EVER going to need to know this?" question.....yeah, how about now?

I'm a nurse and I received mine today. It is the one from Moderna and will update if I experience anything out of the ordinary. I have several nurses on my unit who have already received their first dose with nothing more than mild nausea being reported as the most serious reaction.

When you get the first dose, do they have the 2nd dose on-hand and reserved for you?

What I'm getting at is, could a pharmacy run out and not get re-supplied in time to give you the second dose when you're supposed to have it?

When you get the first dose, do they have the 2nd dose on-hand and reserved for you?

What I'm getting at is, could a pharmacy run out and not get re-supplied in time to give you the second dose when you're supposed to have it?

I would venture to guess different locations are doing different things, as we've already seen. However, when I received my first dose it was explained to me to contact the location 5-6 days in advance to see if supplies were present. If not, I could go to any location providing the same type of vaccine (do not mix vaccines) but must have my card with me to show proof of first dose.
Hope this helps.

That was the process at first. The feds withheld a bunch of doses to be used for second doses across the country. They recently changed course and advised states to vaccinate as many as possible.

At the state level, when we were first advised of our shipment, we were told it was first and second doses. The state then changed course and told us to use it all on first doses if needed and to not waste a drop.

I got a message yesterday that they may not have a dose for my second shot but they would let me know when they come in. I’m still 3 more weeks from my second so hopefully they get some by then.

Interesting story. In New Jersey, they are considering smoking as a "medical condition" that allows someone to get the vaccine and using the "honor system" for people to report medical conditions. Nah, no chance of abuse there....none.

"In addition to those 65 and older, anyone between the ages of 16 and 64 with chronic medical conditions may also make an appointment to receive the vaccine starting Thursday. The expanded group includes 2 million smokers...."

"New Jersey is using an honor system for vaccinations with no requirement to show proof of medical conditions or age, officials said. That could change if problems arise."

Older citizens of Alabama near the state line are driving to Florida Publix locations to get vaccinated because our own state is complete trash.

Just an update on my vaccination. I am 48 hours post first dose and have up until this point only experienced significant muscle pain in the arm the shot was administered. I receive the flu vaccine every year and that vaccine seems to only be a few hours of pain later in the evening. This is going on day 2 of hurting every time I lift my arm. I also had a headache yesterday evening, but I chalk that up more to me being susceptible to headaches than the vaccine itself. Other than the arm pain though, there hasn't been anything else to report. Just let whoever you know that is getting it, to be prepared to take some tylenol or motrin for their arm pain

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom