Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (5 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
In other words, get the shot.
Even if a guy I knew in 4th grade posted on facebook not to trust it because it has fairy dust that causes fingernail cancer and will connect me to Taiwan's GPS capable of downloading DNA altering mRNA algorithms to my brain?

Even if a guy I knew in 4th grade posted on facebook not to trust it because it has fairy dust that causes fingernail cancer and will connect me to Taiwan's GPS capable of downloading DNA altering mRNA algorithms to my brain?
Yes, especially then.

We really have almost 20% of the people not wanting the shot?

🤔🤔🤔

How about a little sense and use of perspective and context in this discussion? (I know I know - how dare me)....

Personally, when I am offered it... I will get it... That said, I have good reasons to do so and the numbers / odds / my age / personal situation dictate that it's the smart thing to do for me personally...

That said, I have 2 children between 18 and 25... That have already had Covid, experienced very little illness, and are at a near zero risk to be critically ill at any point because of this.... and have also already tested positive for anti-bodies (blood test) weeks after testing positive via the nasal swab test.

Neither of them are going to get it when it's available to them... but their situation is night and day from mine... so I'm fine with their decision.

Last edited:
How about a little sense and use of perspective and context in this discussion? (I know I know - how dare me)....

Personally, when I am offered it... I will get it... That said, I have good reasons to do so and the numbers / odds / my age / personal situation dictate that it's the smart thing to do for me personally...

That said, I have 2 children between 18 and 25... That have already had Covid, experienced very little illness, and are at a near zero risk to be critically ill at any point because of this.... and have also already tested positive for anti-bodies after testing positive via the swab test.

Neither of them are going to get it when it's available to them... but their situation is night and day from mine... so I'm fine with their decision.

My daughter is 18 and she is getting her first dose tomorrow. As soon as my wife and I are eligible, we am getting ours. Why? I'm not in any major categories for being really sick or dying, but I miss Mardi Gras and music festivals and I hate wearing my mask all the time. We are getting it because we want to progress towards normal and not be stuck in this ridiculous sheet we've been stuck in. We want people to get their jobs back and we want the economy to be healthy. We aren't just getting it for ourselves... we are getting it for everyone.

My daughter is 18 and she is getting her first dose tomorrow. As soon as my wife and I are eligible, we am getting ours. Why? I'm not in any major categories for being really sick or dying, but I miss Mardi Gras and music festivals and I hate wearing my mask all the time. We are getting it because we want to progress towards normal and not be stuck in this ridiculous sheet we've been stuck in. We want people to get their jobs back and we want the economy to be healthy. We aren't just getting it for ourselves... we are getting it for everyone.

I assume she (as well as the rest of your family) has never had Covid, and thereby do not already have antibodies... If that were the case for either of my children, I am sure they would both be in line for a shot also.

Both of them have told me they fell like since they have already positively had it, and have recovered, and have both received positive antibody tests... they feel like getting the vaccine anytime soon would just be taking one away from some else that actually needs it. (both said they may opt to get it further down the line - like they would a regular seasonal flu shot)

I agree with their logic and decision...

My point was, there are logical, sensible, and empathetic reasons for people not wanting the vaccine right now.

I assume she (as well as the rest of your family) has never had Covid, and thereby do not already have antibodies... If that were the case for either of my children, I am sure they would both be in line for a shot also.

Both of them have told me they fell like since they have already positively had it, and have recovered, and have both received positive antibody tests... they feel like getting the vaccine anytime soon would just be taking one away from some else that actually needs it. (both said they may opt to get it further down the line - like they would a regular seasonal flu shot)

I agree with their logic and decision...

My point was, there are logical, sensible, and empathetic reasons for people not wanting the vaccine right now.

No we have not had it, but testing has shown that antibodies from getting Covid only last for a couple of months. If everybody keeps passing on getting the shot, it's going to take way longer than that to get everyone one. I do understand their reasons, but I don't agree with their logic. My mother-in-law is trying to use the same logic and I'm actually surprised she made it through having Covid without being hospitalized as we were really close to sending an ambulance to go get her. That was 2.5 months ago. The only logic that makes sense to me is if you have the chance, get it. The sooner that happens, the sooner we can all move on.

I did the novavax trial (which is still ongoing if anyone in NOLA is interested). Got my second shot on Saturday. Sunday was rough. Tired all day and a slight fever. I felt fine on Monday though. I'm thinking i did not get the placebo, which is a good thing.

No we have not had it, but testing has shown that antibodies from getting Covid only last for a couple of months. If everybody keeps passing on getting the shot, it's going to take way longer than that to get everyone one. I do understand their reasons, but I don't agree with their logic. My mother-in-law is trying to use the same logic and I'm actually surprised she made it through having Covid without being hospitalized as we were really close to sending an ambulance to go get her. That was 2.5 months ago. The only logic that makes sense to me is if you have the chance, get it. The sooner that happens, the sooner we can all move on.

I know that.... Having the actual virus ( viral load not withstanding ) allows your body to create antibodies.... A vaccine does the exact same thing by "tricking" your body into thinking it has the virus, and thus allowing your body to create the same antibodies (levels are again - debatable)...

It's my understanding that there is relatively no difference - as long as you have antibodies - you have some level of protection (how much protection is completely unknown, and varies from person to person)

There is no vaccine that protects from re-infection or some level of spread at 100%... Nor does having it already keep you from getting it again.

It simply lessens the impact, ability to spread, and severity because the body already has anitbodies to fight it (same a a natural infection that creates antibodies in the host)...

Covid is here to stay... It's not going away with vaccines... all we can do it control the spread and lessen the impacts over time until it's manageable.

Last edited:
I know that.... Having the actual virus ( viral load not withstanding ) allows your body to create antibodies.... A vaccine does the exact same thing by "tricking" your body into thinking it has the virus, and thus allowing your body to creating the same antibodies...

It's my understanding that there is relatively no difference - as long as you have antibodies - you have some level of protection (how much protection is completely unknown, and varies from person to person)

There is no vaccine that protects from re-infection or some level of spread at 100%... Nor does having it already keep you from getting it again.

It simply lessens the impact, ability to spread, and severity because the body already has anitbodies to fight it (same a a natural infection that creates antibodies in the host)...

Covid is here to stay... It's not going away with vaccines... all we can do it control the spread and lessen the impacts over time until it's manageable.

Yes exactly. This is why it's important for everyone to get the shot when they have the opportunity and not delay it. Testing has shown that natural antibodies only last a few months where as antibodies from the vaccine last much longer. The faster people lessen the ability for the virus to spread, the faster we can lessen restrictions on those of us that are really hurting for work.

I think all vaccine trial volunteers should get free Popeye's for life.

I agree. Though i'll say it's crazy they paid me to be a trial volunteer. I wasn't getting the vaccine until dead last, so i figured it was my only chance. happy to be lucky enough to get, though i guess i did run the risk of getting a vaccine that wasn't as strong as the other ones. i chose to do it once i saw the UK variant coming.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom