Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (21 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
Here's my real quandary... While we are sitting here debating who will and won't, or who would or should get a shot...

We supposedly have vaccines now that are 80% or better effective...

Yet we are still selectively, deliberately, and slowly rationing them out on some type of "moral basis" of "need"...

That time has come and gone...

It's time for less talk about trillions of $ in "aid" and "stimulus"..... and more action with Trillions of $ in mass vaccine production.... Trillions of $ in the mobilization of non-deployed active military units, state national guards, and reserve units with medical capabilities into 24x7 vaccination camps across the country (who have the knowledge, personnel, and resources to execute this) - Where every person with a willing arm and identification (to avoid duplicates, and ensure shot #2) gets a shot.... Like Now.

At the current rate of execution... by the time some get the shot... others will be at the tail end of peak antibody production.

It's almost like the people with the power and money to make this go away for the masses.... don't want it to go away. *zing*

Last edited:
I did the novavax trial (which is still ongoing if anyone in NOLA is interested). Got my second shot on Saturday. Sunday was rough. Tired all day and a slight fever. I felt fine on Monday though. I'm thinking i did not get the placebo, which is a good thing.

They ended it early. Today is the last day. I got my first shot yesterday - they moved up our appointments to get us in.

Here's my real quandary... While we are sitting here debating who will and won't, or who would or should get a shot...

We supposedly have vaccines now that are 80% or better effective...

Yet we are still selectively, deliberately, and slowly rationing them out on some type of "moral basis" of "need"...

That time has come and gone...

It's time for less talk about trillions of $ in "aid" and "stimulus"..... and more action with Trillions of $ in mass vaccine production.... Trillions of $ in the mobilization of non-deployed active military units, state national guards, and reserve units with medical capabilities into 24x7 vaccination camps across the country (who have the knowledge, personnel, and resources to execute this) - Where every person with a willing arm and identification (to avoid duplicates, and ensure shot #2) gets a shot.... Like Now.

At the current rate of execution... by the time some get the shot... others will be at the tail end of peak antibody production.

It's almost like the people with the power and money to make this go away for the masses.... don't want it to go away. *zing*

My understanding that right now the limitation is the supply.

I bet $1.9 Trilion from Congress would fix that understanding quick...

Not really, money can only fix so much. And besides, by the time that passes, production and distribution will be that much closer to demand. Just fixing the vaccine doesn't make up for the lost income that millions have dealt with, and doesn't help pay the bills for people who are struggling to make ends meet. We're still hardly near full employment and a lot of people need bit of an assist to get them to the finish line in terms of recovering their normal income.

It's really not an either/or thing. Both sides of the covid situation need to be addressed.

They ended it early. Today is the last day. I got my first shot yesterday - they moved up our appointments to get us in.

Nice. I was tired the next day after my first shot, but otherwise fine. However, i had also gone out the night before, so it could've been from that. Hears to hoping you didn't get the placebo! Also, good sign that they ended it early, maybe it will be coming out even sooner.

Nice. I was tired the next day after my first shot, but otherwise fine. However, i had also gone out the night before, so it could've been from that. Hears to hoping you didn't get the placebo! Also, good sign that they ended it early, maybe it will be coming out even sooner.

Apparently the UK phase 3 already ended, quite successfully. I didn't really have any effects from the first shot, but that's not terribly odd for me. Hopefully since it's the end, they unblind quickly and I can get the real shot regardless.

Apparently the UK phase 3 already ended, quite successfully. I didn't really have any effects from the first shot, but that's not terribly odd for me. Hopefully since it's the end, they unblind quickly and I can get the real shot regardless.
Apparently you could be getting a second shot even prior to the unblinding per the NYT:

The company has also been granted approval from the F.D.A. to change the trial to a so-called crossover design, in which participants will receive a second round of shots if the vaccine is shown to be safe and effective. Under the plan, anyone in a placebo group would then get the vaccine in the second round, and those who received a vaccine would get a placebo. That will help reassure potential volunteers that they will eventually receive the vaccine even if they were in the placebo group.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/03/health/vaccine-novavax.html

Priority 1 should be - End the Pandemic at any and all costs, as quickly as possible. Get back to normal. Open business. Re-employ people.... We are past the point of enacting any real assistance with piece meal pork filled table scrapped government checks and programs... we have to address the big picture first.

Anyone that doesn't think $2 trillion dollars in the hands (pockets) of For-Profit Vaccine manufactures to provide record supply, and Trained military professionals to execute mass deployment... wouldn't get this done in less than 6 months... is fooling themselves...

Priority 1 should be - End the Pandemic at any and all costs, as quickly as possible. Get back to normal. Open business. Re-employ people.... We are past the point of enacting ant real help with piece meal pork filled table scrapped government checks and programs... we have to address the big picture first.

Anyone that doesn't think $2 trillion dollars in the hands of For-Profit Vaccine manufactures to provide record supply, and Trained military professionals to execute mass deployment... wouldn't get this done in less than 6 months... is fooling themselves...

You do realize they're already going to get this done in less than 6 months right?

Apparently you could be getting a second shot even prior to the unblinding per the NYT:

The company has also been granted approval from the F.D.A. to change the trial to a so-called crossover design, in which participants will receive a second round of shots if the vaccine is shown to be safe and effective. Under the plan, anyone in a placebo group would then get the vaccine in the second round, and those who received a vaccine would get a placebo. That will help reassure potential volunteers that they will eventually receive the vaccine even if they were in the placebo group.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/03/health/vaccine-novavax.html

But you wouldn't give a placebo to someone that received a real first shot. That would be tested the efficacy of the first shot at the expense of the individual. My understanding is that after two shots of placebo, they unblind and give you the real shot. I'd be P'Oed if I got the real shot and then a placebo.

I dunno, but at 45 million vaccines per month, you'd have the entire country vaccinated in 6 months. And that's assuming everyone goes and gets it. We all know that won't happen as more than a few people are going to pass on it because, reasons. Iirc, we're doing around 1.5 million/day. I expect that will go to 2 million as more vaccine options become available.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom