Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (13 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
I'm not trying to be defiant about the vaccine. I would much rather be educated.

I totally get it, especially since the first one knocked you on your butt. Good luck 👍

I've gotten a little bitter about people not willing to vaccinate. I'm not one of those people. I know more than a few people that have said they're not getting it. My wife and I tend to say "reap what you sow". On the flip side I know people that you would never think to be the ones that will get it already vaccinated. Number one on that list is "pap". He's actually my buddy's dad but he's just as much my dad. Never even have had a flu shot prior to this year....he got his flu shot plus his covid shots this year. There's just no set way to separate who will get it and who won't. My wife works with doctors and nurses that won't get it unless they're forced.

There's just no set way to separate who will get it and who won't. My wife works with doctors and nurses that won't get it unless they're forced.

And there are a lot of nuances, people’s opinions and experiences are all over the map.. Some people were very much interested in getting any vaccine they could, as soon as humanly possible.. Others will not get near any of the vaccines, and will avoid it forever if they can... Then there are people like myself.. i am very pro-vax, and pro-mask.. i am very much a believer in science, and even though i was never very good in school at things like biology and chemistry, i tend to trust people who are... BUT i had an adverse reaction to a flu shot over 20 yrs ago that caused some issues i still deal with.. as a result, ive known ever since the beginning of the pandemic, when talk of vaccines started- that i would not be an early adopter.. that actually applies to most things in life for me; i never buy a new car in it’s first model year, or the newest iPhone when it first comes out- becuase i like for the kinks to get worked out before i pull the trigger... Same applies with this vaccine; I’m planning to most likely get it in May or June, and I’m paying pretty close attention to which one tends to have the fewest side effects.. so far though, there doesnt seem to be a clear consensus on which is safest, and there most likely wont be in the next month or two.. so I’ll probably make the most informed decision I can, and as someone mentioned, I’ll take off the following day or two from work, just in case.

I've gotten a little bitter about people not willing to vaccinate. I'm not one of those people. I know more than a few people that have said they're not getting it. My wife and I tend to say "reap what you sow". On the flip side I know people that you would never think to be the ones that will get it already vaccinated. Number one on that list is "pap". He's actually my buddy's dad but he's just as much my dad. Never even have had a flu shot prior to this year....he got his flu shot plus his covid shots this year. There's just no set way to separate who will get it and who won't. My wife works with doctors and nurses that won't get it unless they're forced.

You can take this for what it's worth. My daughter is a RN and caught the virus from a patient. The 4 doctors that work her shift told her to get both shots of the Phizer which is given at the hospital she works at.

You can take this for what it's worth. My daughter is a RN and caught the virus from a patient. The 4 doctors that work her shift told her to get both shots of the Phizer which is given at the hospital she works at.
We're kinda in a similar situation. My wife is an RN and brought it home to me. She actually got it between shots. I don't necessarily put blind faith in what a general doctor says. I want studies which just aren't available at this point. Basically I'm asking for things I can't have so to err on the side of caution I will most likely get the 2nd shot. Just not looking forward to it.

i never buy a new car in it’s first model year,

Cherry picking, but learned this lesson the hard way. I bought an 82 Camaro . It was the first of the model changes. I had it for three months with 4000 miles on it, It broke down on New years eve the same year. This was before cell phones were invented. I had to walk 6 miles in 35 degree weather and rain to get to the next pay phone . My dad came and picked me up. The computer module that controlled the engines gas and air control died. I would not wish this on my worst enemy.

I'm getting the shot at night, so I'll schedule Friday off from work, just in case. We're still working from home, so I'll work a bit on Friday if I feel up to it, and take off early or all day for a three-day weekend if I feel like arse.

Sorry you don’t feel well next Friday. Get better soon! 😁

We're kinda in a similar situation. My wife is an RN and brought it home to me. She actually got it between shots. I don't necessarily put blind faith in what a general doctor says. I want studies which just aren't available at this point. Basically I'm asking for things I can't have so to err on the side of caution I will most likely get the 2nd shot. Just not looking forward to it.

The booster may also relate to how long your protection lasts. This also is unknown at this point but it stands to reason.

I posted a few pages back but no response. I need convincing on this second shot....with science not opinion. I'm not anti vax by any means. I'm also pro mask etc etc. The problem I have is I had covid and got the first shot. Sick as a dog. Tells me my antibody response is very strong. That first shot was basically my booster. I see no reason behind 2 boosters. I was pretty sick.....I don't want to go through that again without solid scientific reasoning. The problem is this virus and studies are new so it's tough to find any real studies done that show the reasoning behind 2 boosters. I've saw the " 2 shots give you better variant protection" stuff but what I haven't seen is scientific proof or studies that focused on people that had had the virus prior to the first shot. I don't necessarily want to decline the 2nd shot but I also see no reasoning for it and I was really sick after the first.
I'm with you man. I got this vaccine very reluctantly. A co worker kinda talked me into it. I don't like the "shut up and do it. its for the greater good" attitude. Oh well, it's done now.

• 1Like
Reactions: Dre
Getting covid is not equivalent to getting the vaccine, therefore it wouldn't be your 2nd booster. At this time it is recommended that you get the booster.

From surveying numerous patients in your situation, the booster does not appear to result in as many or as significant of symptoms as the 1st dose.

You're probably stressing your body out more thinking about it. Just get it over with.

FWIW, your immune system is probably reacting because you had Covid. But also, the vaccines don’t develop the same antibodies as the infection does. For example, after vaccination, I tested negative for Covid infection antibodies but positive for protein spike antibodies.

So only IMO (and you should talk to your doctor), you should get the second shot to develop your generalized antibodies which may have even been hindered (total speculation) by your learned virus immune response.

To be clear, I am not a doctor And I have been drinking so take that FWIW.

This is a really good point (that the antibodies from an infection are not as effective against variants as antibodies from a vaccination).

See, e.g.:

I'm with you man. I got this vaccine very reluctantly. A co worker kinda talked me into it. I don't like the "shut up and do it. its for the greater good" attitude. Oh well, it's done now.

I can see your point. Freedom of choice made us the greatest country in history. I've said the following a few times,but will repeat it here. I remember getting pulled out of my first grade class room and lined down the hall like cattle to receive the small pox vaccination. We didn't have a choice,nor did our parents. You were going to get it. It worked. Small pox has been eradicated. Mandantory vaccines have a very good history. When was the last time a parent had to worry about their child catching small pox or polio?

Last edited:
I think it is a very good idea to get the second shot, even if you had Covid. The side effects might not be fun, so maybe get the shot on a Thursday and take Friday off to give you the weekend to recover.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom