Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (2 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
Well I don’t think PSAs aim to make money but I think you’re right that they have elected other themes.
Sorry, that was more about why the news doesn't shove that idea down our throat. No money in it for them. Commercials are just money spent, agree.

To be clear...mRNA vaccines aren't new. They don't change your DNA. There is nothing inheritantly bad about mRNA vaccines. But the mRNA encoding a spike protein unique to coronavirus is new. There is growing literature, but we are definitely in the learning phase. We know enough about the vaccines through the early clinical trials to know that they are much safer than contracting COVID...they help people from getting ill if do get COVID and they may help spreading COVID.

If people are getting side effects such as DIC and menstrual irregularities...it's not because it's an mRNA vaccine, it's because of the resulting spike protein of COVID that is being produced. By next year, I'm sure that we'll have much better understanding of side effects. The major initial safety trials have planned two year follow-ups. But I'm not as concerned about that...because I don't think that there will be any resulting side effects that occur after the first few months (when the patients were captured by the initial trial)...with the one exception being menstrual irregularities. Most of the side effects that people are reporting that weren't reported in the initial safe trials are less common conditions that would need a much larger sample size than 20,000-30,000 to capture.

I do have one concern that is limiting our access to information. There is an adverse effect reporting website (VAERS). It's been my experience that medical providers either don't know that the website exists, don't know how to use it, or too bias to consider that a symptom/medical provider that develops after a patient gets the vaccine could be due to the COVID vaccine. The website is also glitchy and not user friendly. I know someone who tried to report on the website and after days of trying, simply gave up...and the person was one of the more intelligent medical providers that I know.

To be clear...mRNA vaccines aren't new. They don't change your DNA. There is nothing inheritantly bad about mRNA vaccines. But the mRNA encoding a spike protein unique to coronavirus is new. There is growing literature, but we are definitely in the learning phase. We know enough about the vaccines through the early clinical trials to know that they are much safer than contracting COVID...they help people from getting ill if do get COVID and they may help spreading COVID.

If people are getting side effects such as DIC and menstrual irregularities...it's not because it's an mRNA vaccine, it's because of the resulting spike protein of COVID that is being produced. By next year, I'm sure that we'll have much better understanding of side effects. The major initial safety trials have planned two year follow-ups. But I'm not as concerned about that...because I don't think that there will be any resulting side effects that occur after the first few months (when the patients were captured by the initial trial)...with the one exception being menstrual irregularities. Most of the side effects that people are reporting that weren't reported in the initial safe trials are less common conditions that would need a much larger sample size than 20,000-30,000 to capture.

I do have one concern that is limiting our access to information. There is an adverse effect reporting website (VAERS). It's been my experience that medical providers either don't know that the website exists, don't know how to use it, or too bias to consider that a symptom/medical provider that develops after a patient gets the vaccine could be due to the COVID vaccine. The website is also glitchy and not user friendly. I know someone who tried to report on the website and after days of trying, simply gave up...and the person was one of the more intelligent medical providers that I know.
I read an article yesterday about Vaers and the issues. Apparently in 2017 the medical community went from PRISM to a new system called BEST and it has created some issues. I'll see if I can't dig up.

Here it is.

So when you get articles such as this, it only aids to support those who are reluctant to get vaccinated by giving them yet another reason "not to".

We eradicated Polio with a vaccine. The only difference between then and now? Internet and misinformation.

Last edited:
Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday. Woke up about 3am feeling like I got hit by a truck, but I'm feeling a little better not as bad this morning. My wife gets her second shot tonight, so at least I can give her preview of what to expect.

As far as people who are vax-reluctant, I've got two that work for me that are adamant that they aren't getting a shot. One, who is about 60, says that if she gets the vaccine she'll "just get sick all year" and the other one saw that one woman became paralyzed after taking a vaccine so she's not going to get a shot. What can you do?

I read an article yesterday about Vaers and the issues. Apparently in 2017 the medical community went from PRISM to a new system called BEST and it has created some issues. I'll see if I can't dig up.

Here it is.

So when you get articles such as this, it only aids to support those who are reluctant to get vaccinated by giving them yet another reason "not to".

We eradicated Polio with a vaccine. The only difference between then and now? Internet and misinformation.
Yeah...it's not a reason to not get vaccinated, but I do think that we have to do what we can do to instill confidence in the public. We should have a desire to learn everything we can about the outcomes of our interventions, and right now so much is being done to stick vaccines in peoples arms that some of that is being lost. We have a rare opportunity to have an ENORMOUS sample size on a particular intervention, but none of that will matter if we do not have a way to collect the data.

When i hear people talk about that stuff i ask them if they take ANY medication? When they say yes, i ask them why when people on that medication have had side effects including death. "But thats different" is usually the response..

On the one hand if this is what it takes to get people to take the vaccine fine

but on the other hand, really?

You won't take this FREE vaccine that could save your life or your families lives or anyone you come into contact with lives but if someone slips you a Ben Franklin you'll do it?
=================================

What’s the best way to persuade the millions of Americans who are still unvaccinated against Covid-19 to get their shots?

Reassuring public service announcements about the vaccine’s safety and effectiveness have proliferated. But increasingly, people are realizing that it will take more than just information to sway the hesitant.

In recent randomized survey experiments by the U.C.L.A. Covid-19 Health and Politics Project, two seemingly strong incentives have emerged.

Roughly a third of the unvaccinated population said a cash payment would make them more likely to get a shot. This suggests that some governors may be on the right track; West Virginia’s governor, Jim Justice, for example, recently announced the state would give young people $100 bonds if they got an inoculation.

Similarly large increases in willingness to take vaccines emerged for those who were asked about getting a vaccine if doing so meant they wouldn’t need to wear a mask or social-distance in public, compared with a group that was told it would still have to do those things........

Last month, researchers randomly assigned unvaccinated respondents to see messages about financial incentives. Some people were asked about the chances they would get a vaccine if it came with a $25 cash payment; other people were asked about receiving $50 or $100.

Roughly a third of the unvaccinated population said a cash payment would make them more likely to get a shot. The benefits were largest for those in the group getting $100, which increased willingness (34 percent said they would get vaccinated) by six points over the $25 group.

The effect was greatest for unvaccinated Democrats, 48 percent of whom said they would be more likely to get vaccinated if it came with a $100 payment.

Some past research shows that payment for vaccines can backfire, and in the U.C.L.A. study about 15 percent of unvaccinated people report a decrease in willingness to vaccinate because of payments. But at this later stage of a vaccine campaign — when attention has now turned to the hesitant — the net benefit seems to be tilting toward payment............

When i hear people talk about that stuff i ask them if they take ANY medication? When they say yes, i ask them why when people on that medication have had side effects including death. "But thats different" is usually the response..

It is different in that those medications are probably FDA-approved. The vaccines are not FDA-approved. But that may not be what they mean by saying it's different.

Water has killed people. Herbal supplements have killed people. Food has killed people. Death is an inevitable part of living...and we are fragile beings. There is no question that the vaccine saves and prevents long term complications in significantly more people than it does not. That's all that should matter.

There is also legal recourse for most medications if there are issues, but not so for the vaccines.
I'm not saying don't take vaccines, but know the risks and understand you have no legal recourse if something bad happens.

There is also legal recourse for most medications if there are issues, but not so for the vaccines.
I'm not saying don't take vaccines, but know the risks and understand you have no legal recourse if something bad happens.

there is no legal recourse for COVID 19 either.

So at this point, if you are willing to roll the dice and crap out, thats on you. Not the nurses and doctors that afforded you care, not the hospital system and not the folks around you that possibly gave you COVID.

Legal recourse should be down the "concern list" when it comes to battling a novel virus.

Outside of feeling bad for a day or two, what exactly are the risks to an mRNA vaccine that you think would be so egregious as to have to hire legal counsel to sue for?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom