Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (4 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday. Woke up about 3am feeling like I got hit by a truck, but I'm feeling a little better not as bad this morning. My wife gets her second shot tonight, so at least I can give her preview of what to expect.

As far as people who are vax-reluctant, I've got two that work for me that are adamant that they aren't getting a shot. One, who is about 60, says that if she gets the vaccine she'll "just get sick all year" and the other one saw that one woman became paralyzed after taking a vaccine so she's not going to get a shot. What can you do?

My sister is on a FB group of "long covid" folks. Said she cannot believe some of the folks on that group that are taking:

horse meds
a cocktail of HCQ/Remdesevir and one other she named but i forgot- ALL BOUGHT BLACK MARKET- THINK ABOUT THAT...they ORDER from either CHINA or Canada and TAKE EM without hesitation.

yet they ABSOLUTELY REFUSE the vaccine. From tracking to DNA replacement, thats their issue. There is now a mountain of information regarding mRNA vaccines, how they work, how they were developed etc etc. Yet these folks simply refuse to read, understand and use logic and common sense. They would rather die or live with complications from COIVD 19 and find their own cure than to take what the medical and scientific community has given us because they dont "trust" ? ?

But some cat in China peddling HCQ...yeah he legit.

its arse-backwards. completely.

In other words, let's all pretend the virus doesn't exist anymore. Brilliant!

/sarcasm
No one is pretending. Just willing to take the risk. I'm going to Nashville again in 2 weeks. Cannot wait. Ocean springs is a great place to visit too for people ready to get out and enjoy life.

there is no legal recourse for COVID 19 either.

So at this point, if you are willing to roll the dice and crap out, thats on you. Not the nurses and doctors that afforded you care, not the hospital system and not the folks around you that possibly gave you COVID.

Legal recourse should be down the "concern list" when it comes to battling a novel virus.

Outside of feeling bad for a day or two, what exactly are the risks to an mRNA vaccine that you think would be so egregious as to have to hire legal counsel to sue for?
I agree, this is why I said you weigh the risks and make the decision that is best for you.
If I was in my 20's and healthy, I would not get the vaccine as the risk of getting COVID and having serious problems with it is extremely low. I would not risk taking a rushed vaccine where the manufacturer is shielded from responsibility as the unknown risk of taking it could be seen as higher than the risk of getting COVID and having a serious health concern from it.

Seeing that I am getting older, there is more of a chance that COVID could be a more serious issue for me, so I take this into consideration in whether I want the vaccine or not. People who are in their 60's and older have even more of a reason to take the vaccine as they have even higher risk from getting COVID and having serious complications.

Pharma companies (Including Pfizer and J&J) have paid out serious money in lawsuits for effects from drugs that they were legally culpable for.
So if they risk lawsuits on drugs they can be sued for, what would make you think would be any more careful on a drug where they can't be sued?

No one is pretending. Just willing to take the risk. I'm going to Nashville again in 2 weeks. Cannot wait. Ocean springs is a great place to visit too for people ready to get out and enjoy life.

I don't have a problem with that as long as it's done safely.

I don't have a problem with that as long as it's done safely.
Just depends what your idea of safety is I guess. Nashville restaurants and bars rolling. No masking required.

I agree, this is why I said you weigh the risks and make the decision that is best for you.
If I was in my 20's and healthy, I would not get the vaccine as the risk of getting COVID and having serious problems with it is extremely low. I would not risk taking a rushed vaccine where the manufacturer is shielded from responsibility as the unknown risk of taking it could be seen as higher than the risk of getting COVID and having a serious health concern from it.

Seeing that I am getting older, there is more of a chance that COVID could be a more serious issue for me, so I take this into consideration in whether I want the vaccine or not. People who are in their 60's and older have even more of a reason to take the vaccine as they have even higher risk from getting COVID and having serious complications.

Pharma companies (Including Pfizer and J&J) have paid out serious money in lawsuits for effects from drugs that they were legally culpable for.
So if they risk lawsuits on drugs they can be sued for, what would make you think would be any more careful on a drug where they can't be sued?

I understand your point of view, and unfortunately a lot of younger people feel that way. However, it’s a lot about protecting your loved ones around you. There are a lot of people on the people that have lost friends and family members during the last year. And many of them were not considered old!

My sister is on a FB group of "long covid" folks. Said she cannot believe some of the folks on that group that are taking:

horse meds
a cocktail of HCQ/Remdesevir and one other she named but i forgot- ALL BOUGHT BLACK MARKET- THINK ABOUT THAT...they ORDER from either CHINA or Canada and TAKE EM without hesitation.

yet they ABSOLUTELY REFUSE the vaccine. From tracking to DNA replacement, thats their issue. There is now a mountain of information regarding mRNA vaccines, how they work, how they were developed etc etc. Yet these folks simply refuse to read, understand and use logic and common sense. They would rather die or live with complications from COIVD 19 and find their own cure than to take what the medical and scientific community has given us because they dont "trust" ? ?

But some cat in China peddling HCQ...yeah he legit.

its arse-backwards. completely.
The latest folk medicine to cure COVID is Ivermectin. I believe it is being studied on a large scale in India presently.

Just depends what your idea of safety is I guess. Nashville restaurants and bars rolling. No masking required.

Like I said, as long as you're safe, meaning vaccinated or masked. If you've done that, then I got no issues with it.

The latest folk medicine to cure COVID is Ivermectin. I believe it is being studied on a large scale in India presently.

Thats it- i remember the "mectin" part.

these folks are ordering and taking ( along with HCQ and Remdesevir )

its insanity. Mixing 3 drugs that each have own side effects without any consultation with physicians on the possible complications.

It is different in that those medications are probably FDA-approved. The vaccines are not FDA-approved. But that may not be what they mean by saying it's different.

I mean, they all have Emergency Use Authorization from the FDA. I think the difference between that and full FDA approval is more about formalities than anything else. And I doubt anyone refusing to take it for lack of FDA approval is basing it on the differences between what it takes to get an Emergency Use Authorization and full approval from the FDA.

Beyond that, lots of stuff that gets FDA approval ends of having unexpected side effects too.

I mean, it's not the case that just because they paid money they did something knowingly wrong or even unknowingly wrong. Sometimes they pay because its just cheaper than defending the suit. It happens, but usually it's more about negligence than intent.

The difference here is that the development of these vaccines and the testing of these vaccines was watched closely by the entire world and at least two companies came up with very similar vaccines.

Also, in this case, big Pharma received lots of government funding and knew that making a safe vaccine that worked was a guarantee of huge profits. There is and was no reason to risk a bad product. Especially when if it turned out it was harmful and/or didn't work, it might destroy the company. Frankly, if a company decides whether do ship a bad product based on whether or not they can be sued for it, they aren't likely to last in business for long.

I mean, it's not the case that just because they paid money they did something knowingly wrong or even unknowingly wrong. Sometimes they pay because its just cheaper than defending the suit. It happens, but usually it's more about negligence than intent.

The difference here is that the development of these vaccines and the testing of these vaccines was watched closely by the entire world and at least two companies came up with very similar vaccines.

Also, in this case, big Pharma received lots of government funding and knew that making a safe vaccine that worked was a guarantee of huge profits. There is and was no reason to risk a bad product. Especially when if it turned out it was harmful and/or didn't work, it might destroy the company. Frankly, if a company decides whether do ship a bad product based on whether or not they can be sued for it, they aren't likely to last in business for long.
Then they should have no problem taking on the liability, but that's not what happened.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom