Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (23 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
I guess the question is how rare or not rare this is and whether there is correlation or causation going on here. There is good evidence so far that what happened to your wife is the exception and far outside the norm. This doesn't mean it shouldn't be researched more. But it also doesn't mean that there's something necessarily wrong with the vaccine itself. I agree more research is needed to deal with things that might crop up with people who have unusual reactions to the vaccine. That's the case with any vaccine or drug.
My wives case is very likely rare. My concern isn’t necessarily my wife...she’s getting better. She still intends to get vaccinated next year. She would have repeat the cycle or go with a higher potency J&J vaccine this year, and with the pretty good efficacy from a single dose of Moderna we figured it wasn’t worth it this year.

My concern isn’t necessary with adult women, it’s pregnant women, nursing mothers, women trying to get pregnant, and children. I think that those subgroups would benefit from a trial. I would like to get our children vaccinated, though they are a low risk group regarding COVID, but I’m going to wait until they are able to get a good informed consent without doing so.

My wives case is very likely rare. My concern isn’t necessarily my wife...she’s getting better. She still intends to get vaccinated next year. She would have repeat the cycle or go with a higher potency J&J vaccine this year, and with the pretty good efficacy from a single dose of Moderna we figured it wasn’t worth it this year.

My concern isn’t necessary with adult women, it’s pregnant women, nursing mothers, women trying to get pregnant, and children. I think that those subgroups would benefit from a trial. I would like to get our children vaccinated, though they are a low risk group regarding COVID, but I’m going to wait until they are able to get a good informed consent without doing so.

Haven't they already gone through trials though? I doubt the FDA would approve the 12-17 group without trials. I'm pretty sure the subgroups you're referencing have participated in those trials as well, although I don't know if that's part of a larger group, or that subgroup separately.

Spewing? Really? OP was would I get the vaccine if offered. My response was No and a simple 1 sentence reason that it was untested and gene editing (MRNA). It's been described as a software change of sorts. Get's your body to produce something without it being part of the bodies natural response. For every post or link that someone puts up supporting it, it is easy to find one that opposes it. And it has not been tested for either short term or long term effects. It has not been approved by FDA. All the shots have been given emergecy use approval (just like ivermecetin has). Difference being iver has been around a long time and they know it's side effects, same with Hydroxy. Look, I do not try to convince anyone not to take it. It is a personal choice. I choose not to for the reasons I have stated. That does not make me a looney, hate spewing bot lost cause. That is what is wrong in America today. Anyone with a different opinion that what is socially acceptable or politically correct is cancelled and shouted down. Maybe some day I will get the vaccine if I think it is needed, but only after it has been fully tested and proven safe and effective. Until then, I will take my chances and if I get it I will take medical regimens that also have EU approval and have been proven to be safe for human consumption.
That's not what gene editing is.

And ivermectin is NOT an FDA approved covid therapy, not even in an emergency basis. It is for parasitic worms, and it is meant for horses. Very rarely can it be used for people.

I'll post it again, from the FDA themselves.

It's not that you have a differing opinion, it is that it is completely and verifiably wrong.

Well...after being in early menopause after the Moderna shot for four months and being on hormones replacement therapy, my wife’s cycle has returned. Looks like things are finally stabilizing. It’d something that indeed needs to be researched. My wife will be looking at the other options next year, but won’t be getting the booster this year (for obvious reasons). We’ll also wait for studies to come out before vaccinated our children entering puberty.
on the flip side, there are links to erectile dysfunction and covid infection

I stand corrected on that detail, Not FDA approved for EU yet, but has been given compassionate use approval by NIH and is in use at multiple hospitals and if you get covid you can find a doctor and get prescribed that regimen. It has been approved for full use by many countries already. We could go back and forth all day with links one way or another. Here's the one for the compassionate use approval. There are many more. But I am dropping out of this convo because it has just turned into another case where when an individual does not conform to the approved position they get mocked and shamed. Good luck to you and I mean that.

I stand corrected on that detail, Not FDA approved for EU yet, but has been given compassionate use approval by NIH and is in use at multiple hospitals and if you get covid you can find a doctor and get prescribed that regimen. It has been approved for full use by many countries already. We could go back and forth all day with links one way or another. Here's the one for the compassionate use approval. There are many more. But I am dropping out of this convo because it has just turned into another case where when an individual does not conform to the approved position they get mocked and shamed. Good luck to you and I mean that.
Again, the problem is you're ignoring the posts that are rebutting your arguments and you've provided little based in fact. No one here has mocked you, but like I stated you're free to not get the vaccine, but your justifications for not doing so are based in falsehoods. Simple as that.

Again, the problem is you're ignoring the posts that are rebutting your arguments and you've provided little based in fact. No one here has mocked you, but like I stated you're free to not get the vaccine, but your justifications for not doing so are based in falsehoods. Simple as that.
The link he posted also comes from a questionable website. Calling it far right is giving it too much credit.

Oh, the buring platform dot com said it, I stand corrected...... 🙄

Haven't they already gone through trials though? I doubt the FDA would approve the 12-17 group without trials. I'm pretty sure the subgroups you're referencing have participated in those trials as well, although I don't know if that's part of a larger group, or that subgroup separately.
The Pfizer study had about 3000 people...and they studied for a few months. It was funded by Pfizer. The study wasn’t powered enough to look at many side effects. Essentially, the study was just conducted to determine the vaccine didn’t cause increased mortality compared to placebo...there weren’t deaths in either group...so it wasn’t even powered enough to do that.

I’m 100% all aboard on vaccinating adults. There will he side effects experienced (such as my wife), but I still think that the vaccine greatly outweighs the risks of getting COVID for adults. I’m not as sure about Peds. When you are implementing a treatment, you have to determine whether the effect size is width it. Reminds me of Michael Scott’s race to find a cure for Rabies. It was just silly considering that human rabies cases are pretty uncommon. Well...that’s where I’m at with Peds vaccinations for COVID. WE are almost at herd immunity WITHOUT Peds vaccines this round...so why with this population? My best guess is that Pfizer sees this as a significant opportunity and I can see the benefit from a public health standpoint. If next year rolls around and someone other than Pfizer does quality, unbiased research on Peds safety with the vaccine and this little amenorrhea thing gets figured out...I’ll be willing to have my kids vaccinated. If not...I’ll wait until the following year.

There have been a few trials using that med in various third world countries, and a lot of what was shown was that it expelled the virus in a few less days. But I didn't see much on severity. Not sure it's any better that cortisteroids.

Better late than not at all. Hopefully they keep trickling in.
I'm beginning to lose faith in my state. I just checked the updated chart Ward posted a few days ago. Mississipians are. 29% fully vaccinated and 33% have received one dose. We'll never reach herd immunity with those numbers. LA.and Ala. are not
much better.

I'm beginning to lose faith in my state. I just checked the updated chart Ward posted a few days ago. Mississipians are. 29% fully vaccinated and 33% have received one dose. We'll never reach herd immunity with those numbers. LA.and Ala. are not
much better.
I wouldn’t worry about it. Mississippi achieved herd immunity against the Flu of 1918. And it was done with even fewer public health initiatives and no vaccine.

Those that get vaccinated will have a high level of protection and those that don’t will either get COVID or won’t because it’ll be burnt out by then. The rate in the state is still steeply declining and the lowest they have been in more than a year. The benefit of the vaccine is reaching herd immunity sooner. But herd immunity will be reached either way. I can’t see how anyone can look at the plummeting rates and say anything different.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom