Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (22 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
In my role, I'm an onsite vendor supporting one of our larger customers. The customer today sent email that they are bringing people back to work on July 1st, and if you have been vaccinated, you can upload a pic of your vaccination card and no longer wear a mask inside the building. I was talking to one of my contractors if he saw the email, he said he did, but then went on a bit of an anti-vaxxer rant. Saying how people get vaccinations since they are babies and all of it can't be good for the body, so he wasn't getting it. Besides he already had Covid so he has natural vaccination. I told him the customer's policy only applies to vaccinations from Pfizer, Moderna and J&J; and has nothing about recovering naturally from Covid infection. And to please continue wearing a mask because his situation doesn't meet the customer's policy. :jpshakehead:
Did you tell him without all those vaccines and modern medicine (and better living conditions), the average life expectancy at birth in the US prior to the Small pox vaccine (1796) was about 39-40 years.

And, he clearly has been vaccinated as a kid. Isn't it good he hasn't had polio, or measles, or had Rubella and passed it on to a pregnant woman (causes miscarriage)?

We still have over 100,000 kids die globally from the Measles, mostly due to lack of vaccine access.

1623181171740.png

Did you tell him without all those vaccines and modern medicine (and better living conditions), the average life expectancy at birth in the US prior to the Small pox vaccine (1796) was about 39-40 years.

And, he clearly has been vaccinated as a kid. Isn't it good he hasn't had polio, or measles, or had Rubella and passed it on to a pregnant woman (causes miscarriage)?

We still have over 100,000 kids die globally from the Measles, mostly due to lack of vaccine access.

1623181171740.png
I'll do you one better. The average life expectancy in ancient Egypt was a mere 26. The reason? Tooth decay. We had no anti-biotics to stop their infectious spread to the brain and ultimate death

I'll do you one better. The average life expectancy in ancient Egypt was a mere 26. The reason? Tooth decay. We had no anti-biotics to stop their infectious spread to the brain and ultimate death
They had Snicker bars and Mt. Dew back then 😉!

Last edited:
They had Snicker bars and Mt. Dew back than 😉!
know you were joking , but the 8th Potus of the USA died from diarrheah. Matrin Van Burnen. It wasn't announced as the cause of death,and due to embarrassment. A modern dose of pepto bismol would have save his life. The good old days weren't always to good old days

In my role, I'm an onsite vendor supporting one of our larger customers. The customer today sent email that they are bringing people back to work on July 1st, and if you have been vaccinated, you can upload a pic of your vaccination card and no longer wear a mask inside the building. I was talking to one of my contractors if he saw the email, he said he did, but then went on a bit of an anti-vaxxer rant. Saying how people get vaccinations since they are babies and all of it can't be good for the body, so he wasn't getting it. Besides he already had Covid so he has natural vaccination. I told him the customer's policy only applies to vaccinations from Pfizer, Moderna and J&J; and has nothing about recovering naturally from Covid infection. And to please continue wearing a mask because his situation doesn't meet the customer's policy. :jpshakehead:
The irony is that perhaps it was the childhood vaccinations that made him the moron he is today.

Immunity after getting COVID looks much more robust than initial fears. There is still a risk of reinvention...but the same goes for receiving the vaccine. If we are moving down this path of “proving immunity”, and we are also interested in science leading our decisions and not politics...titers or a documented diagnosis of COVID should suffice. With this study, there is not fantastic evidence that you are more immune or less capable of spreading the illness with the vaccine versus innate immunity. I still recommend that people should get vaccinated...but I also think that proving immunity is silly and if it’s going to be done, it should be based upon science.

Immunity after getting COVID looks much more robust than initial fears. There is still a risk of reinvention...but the same goes for receiving the vaccine. If we are moving down this path of “proving immunity”, and we are also interested in science leading our decisions and not politics...titers or a documented diagnosis of COVID should suffice. With this study, there is not fantastic evidence that you are more immune or less capable of spreading the illness with the vaccine versus innate immunity. I still recommend that people should get vaccinated...but I also think that proving immunity is silly and if it’s going to be done, it should be based upon science.
Haven't we been moving down the same path years ago? I'm 59 and my parents had to prove immunization of some diseases before I was allowed to attend 1st grade in a public school system.

My wife and I had to do the same when our daughter started school. She'll have to do the same when my granddaughter starts.

A quick search says a child in Ms. needs these vaccines before he or she is allowed to attend public school. Should Covid be required? right mow, that's the million dollar ?

• Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (DTaP)
  • Polio (IPV)
  • Hepatitis B.
  • Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
  • Chickenpox (Varicella)

This is the big question here on post-infection antibodies:

"However, the observation ended before SARS-CoV-2 variants began to spread, and it is unknown how well natural immunity to the wild-type virus will protect against variants."

I have seen contrasting speculation from the infectious disease community. Would like to see some real analysis.

I have no problems with that and I would suspect most do not. I also have no problem with adjusting those requirements as more information becomes available.

I do have a problem with letting the idiots among us jeopardize society as a whole. If you have had a PCR test confirming covid infection and immunity then fine. However, that PCR test will eliminate about 20 Million people in the US that will swear they were patient 0 in fall of 2019. lol

This is the big question here on post-infection antibodies:

"However, the observation ended before SARS-CoV-2 variants began to spread, and it is unknown how well natural immunity to the wild-type virus will protect against variants."

I have seen contrasting speculation from the infectious disease community. Would like to see some real analysis.
I was curious of this as well. A definitive answer won't be know for awhile unfortunately.

Although reports of reinfection from the novel coronavirus have been rare so far, public health experts worry that new variants of the virus may be less susceptible to natural immunity—meaning people who've recovered from a previous coronavirus infection may be at risk of reinfection by a new variant.

Once again, the best advice is still to get vaccinated.

A quick search says a child in Ms. needs these vaccines before he or she is allowed to attend public school. Should Covid be required? right mow, that's the million dollar ?

• Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (DTaP)
  • Polio (IPV)
  • Hepatitis B.
  • Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
  • Chickenpox (Varicella)
FL requirements for public schools include:

• Four or five doses of DTaP
  • Four or five doses of IPV
  • Two doses of MMR
  • Three doses of Hep B
  • One Tetanus-diphtheria-acellular pertussis (Tdap)
  • Two doses of Varicella (kindergarten effective with 2008–2009 school year, then an additional grade is added each year thereafter).

Things are about to become interesting.
If the vaccines had been given full FDA approval I'd say that the employees didn't have a leg to stand on but, to my knowledge, they have not.

I know of several companys that claim that they may require vaccination after full FDA approval but they don't think that they can until then.

If the vaccines had been given full FDA approval I'd say that the employees didn't have a leg to stand on but, to my knowledge, they have not.

I know of several companys that claim that they may require vaccination after full FDA approval but they don't think that they can until then.

I’m no labor attorney, but ive always thought that private companies have the right to terminate employees for any reason they desire, as long as it doesnt fall into a handful of categories like gender, race, sexual orientation and a couple of others.. So, theoretically, if Methodist hospital decided they wanted every employee to dye their hair purple, they could fire anyone who didnt want to go along with it, and be within their rights.. Again, purely theoretically speaking.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom