Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (3 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
I’m no labor attorney, but ive always thought that private companies have the right to terminate employees for any reason they desire, as long as it doesnt fall into a handful of categories like gender, race, sexual orientation and a couple of others.. So, theoretically, if Methodist hospital decided they wanted every employee to dye their hair purple, they could fire anyone who didnt want to go along with it, and be within their rights.. Again, purely theoretically speaking.
Depends on the state.

I’m no labor attorney, but ive always thought that private companies have the right to terminate employees for any reason they desire, as long as it doesnt fall into a handful of categories like gender, race, sexual orientation and a couple of others.. So, theoretically, if Methodist hospital decided they wanted every employee to dye their hair purple, they could fire anyone who didnt want to go along with it, and be within their rights.. Again, purely theoretically speaking.
Buz is correct. It depends on the state. If it's a right to work state, the employer has all the advantages. My father was unjustifialbly fired from a job he held for 25 years. He graduated HS with one of the best criminal defense lawyers in the nation. My dad sought his advice. His friend said there is nothing I can do. This is a right to work state and they can tell what side of your hair you have to part. It's not fair, but it's legal

Texas is a right to work state, so they can fire employees for any reason except for a federally protected class.

Buz is correct. It depends on the state. If it's a right to work state, the employer has all the advantages. My father was unjustifialbly fired from a job he held for 25 years. He graduated HS with one of the best criminal defense lawyers in the nation. My dad sought his advice. His friend said there is nothing I can do. This is a right to work state and they can tell what side of your hair you have to part. It's not fair, but it's legal

Yep.

And not a lawyer, but I think Eeyore's point is valid. The fact that it's emergency use and not fully approved may change the dynamics, legally. I really don't know.

And not a lawyer, but I think Eeyore's point is valid. The fact that it's emergency use and not fully approved may change the dynamics, legally.
I agree with Eeyore as well. Having said that, those employees are only buying themselves a few months. The Pfizer and Moderna full approvals are a faits accomplis.

Texas is a right to work state, so they can fire employees for any reason except for a federally protected class.

I think you mean “at-will” state. Right to work refers to employees during union organization activities.

They can....but very rarely do they actually do it. It is very hard to fire people in Texas...or most states & industries without the employee committing an egregious act or having a paper trail detailing the repeat offenses/disciplinary action.

It also depends if the employee has a form of employment agreement (contract) or is otherwise part of a collective bargaining unit. If either, termination is not as discretionary as it is with a pure at-will employee.

They can....but very rarely do they actually do it. It is very hard to fire people in Texas...or most states & industries without the employee committing an egregious act or having a paper trail detailing the repeat offenses/disciplinary action.
Not in my experience.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom