Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (7 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
I don't know if it's been discussed yet in this thread (lots of pages to go through that I haven't done) but I have been seeing a lot of stuff about the vaccine "sheds" during intercourse from one person to the next, etc, and all the microchips and demons are spread to those you have intercourse with if you've received the vaccine.

I just can't deal with people and their insistence that they have "researched" and they know this vaccine is bad and there's a reason government is forcing it on everyone with lotteries and such.

And I'm just like what have you researched & for how long that the scientists/researchers, biomed engineers, toxicologists, epidemiologists, immunologists, physicians and regulatory experts that I actually know in person and work with in real life in a global company (so drug development across many countries and governments) who have been doing this for 20-50 years haven't and what makes your limited research superior to theirs?

It's also interesting to me because many of these same experts have not practiced their expertise in real life in only 1 therapeutic area. Their experience spans MANY therapeutic areas. So it's interesting that you've researched "so much" but don't know this about these folks and you'd trust them if you got diagnosed with cancer or a brain tumor or Parkinson's, etc.

I think you mean “at-will” state. Right to work refers to employees during union organization activities.

Yeah, when I saw the "right to work" i thought he was actually talking about the opposite. But I wasn't 100% sure.

Republicans passed a number of anti union laws under the right to work label. I deliberately used that term to show what it actually means. One of the effects is that employment is at will. Employees can leave at any time and employers can fire at any time.

https://www.blr.com/HR-Employment/Unions/Unions-in-Texas#:~:text=Like many states, Texas has,employment, to join a union.

So my theoretical company can mandate that all employees eat a pound of rat poison, each because I say that it'll prevent a covid infection? (I guarantee it by the way)

I didn't see the point of debate. He moved to the US from Pakistan in the mid 80's. That alone probably increased his life expectancy.
Today is the 2nd time this week I’ve seen him eat lunch consisting of 2 gas station hot dogs. And he’s worried about putting the COVID vaccine in his body.

Republicans passed a number of anti union laws under the right to work label. I deliberately used that term to show what it actually means. One of the effects is that employment is at will. Employees can leave at any time and employers can fire at any time.

https://www.blr.com/HR-Employment/Unions/Unions-in-Texas#:~:text=Like many states, Texas has,employment, to join a union.

This is a silly tangent, but I can't help myself so, yes and no.

At-will employment applies to all employment in the state and simply means that in the absence of a contract or equivalent employment or collective bargaining agreement, the employer is free to terminate the employee at any time but for the areas where the employee is protected by law (e.g. discrimination, retaliation, etc.). At-will is generic, applies in all employment situations, and has been around for a long time.

Right to work laws are much newer and only apply to workplaces where there is an existing collective bargaining unit. The right to work laws say that the employer cannot require union membership (nor can the union bargain for compulsory union membership in that workplace), nor can non-union employees be compelled to pay union fees. It is true that the result of right-to-work is that where the employee does not sign on to a contract or equivalent agreement, that employee is at-will. Well of course the employee is at-will without an agreement - that is fundamentally what at-will means. But it isn't the right to work law that makes the employee at-will, it's the lack of a contract or equivalent agreement.

Man, what is in the water there in Ohio (magnets maybe)? This is a licensed physician.

BTW, there's the lady in the blue shirt again still bewildered at the craziness. And notice the lady in the back nodding in agreement. :saywhat:

Apparently there was a rumor that the vaccine made you magnetic?

Folks...if that was true that wouldn't be a flaw, that would be a feature

those people who believe that are literally the dumbest among us..

the plant I.work at sent an email saying vaccinated employees don't have to wear masks. you have to give the plant nurse a copy of your vaccine card and they will put a sticker on your hard hat.. I got the email right before I left. I can't wait until tomorrow to hear all the drama this will cause..
(unfortunately, I'm contact and it doesn't apply to me, but I'm hoping my company follows suit soon)

So you are worried about health problems from the vaccines, but do not mention health problems from Covid even after you no longer have the virus.
The survival rate is "99.7%". Vaccine survival rate is much much much much much higher, so if its "survival rate" you are concerned with, the vaccine has a higher "survival rate", correct?
I had Covid in Sept last year. Ever since, i am super sluggish in the morning. Once i get moving i'm fine. But getting out of bed, i feel terrible for about the first hour. Never had that issue before Covid. I have the vaccine and had a sore arm for a day or so. I'll take that trade off any day. I wish the vaccine was available before i got infected, the "I got beat up and down with a baseball bat" feeling i had for a week wasn't fun. Did I survive? yep. Was it terrible, YES, and something i want again? Absolutely NOT.
Ask the SR poster here who was 100% against the vaccine and got Covid... Oh you can't because he died from it. I guess that .3% was a good trade off considering it was preventable, but he wasn't a sheep, so theres that... I have a cousin who's wife has been in the hospital for a month because of covid. They are about to discharge her, but she needs a walker to get around, but she survived, so no harm done i guess.....

So you are worried about health problems from the vaccines, but do not mention health problems from Covid even after you no longer have the virus.
The survival rate is "99.7%". Vaccine survival rate is much much much much much higher, so if its "survival rate" you are concerned with, the vaccine has a higher "survival rate", correct?
I had Covid in Sept last year. Ever since, i am super sluggish in the morning. Once i get moving i'm fine. But getting out of bed, i feel terrible for about the first hour. Never had that issue before Covid. I have the vaccine and had a sore arm for a day or so. I'll take that trade off any day. I wish the vaccine was available before i got infected, the "I got beat up and down with a baseball bat" feeling i had for a week wasn't fun. Did I survive? yep. Was it terrible, YES, and something i want again? Absolutely NOT.
Ask the SR poster here who was 100% against the vaccine and got Covid... Oh you can't because he died from it. I guess that .3% was a good trade off considering it was preventable, but he wasn't a sheep, so theres that... I have a cousin who's wife has been in the hospital for a month because of covid. They are about to discharge her, but she needs a walker to get around, but she survived, so no harm done i guess.....
The survival rate is so misleading. It's across all age groups. Young people will obviously have a better chance of survival than a senior citizen. That's an age group I'm quickly approaching. I trusted the science and got vaccinated.

I've said this a few times and it's worth repeating here. If you catch it and survive it doesn't mean you'll be fine. A co-worker of mine caught it. His doctor believes it caused long term heart damage. He will require a pacemaker very soon. He is 44 years old and was in perfect health before. Please get vaccinated. It's not worth the risk to not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom