Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (14 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
How do these people get a license? Is it a case of even a D gets you a degree?
I went to Med school. 95% of students are amazing. 4% are not amazing people, are doing it for the wrong reasons, but generally are still pretty good doctors. The other 1% are crazy/not good people.

The problem with Med school is that you can generally get by pretty well by studying and doing well on tests. There is very little actual oversight until your 3rd-4th years of Med school...but even then you are only at one place for a month before jumping to the next rotation. So weirdos can seemingly make it through without getting outed. It’s really not until residency, when everyone knows you and knows you well when things like personality disorders come to light.

There is the chance that this particular doctor is smart enough to be a doctor...she got through Med school, residency, abs passed her boards. That’s no easy feat. This isn’t about intelligence. This is about a maladaptive belief that frankly, is crazy. I’d hate to see her care of patients because there is no way that she practices evidence based medicine. She’s a snake oil salesman.

So you are worried about health problems from the vaccines, but do not mention health problems from Covid even after you no longer have the virus.
The survival rate is "99.7%". Vaccine survival rate is much much much much much higher, so if its "survival rate" you are concerned with, the vaccine has a higher "survival rate", correct?
I had Covid in Sept last year. Ever since, i am super sluggish in the morning. Once i get moving i'm fine. But getting out of bed, i feel terrible for about the first hour. Never had that issue before Covid. I have the vaccine and had a sore arm for a day or so. I'll take that trade off any day. I wish the vaccine was available before i got infected, the "I got beat up and down with a baseball bat" feeling i had for a week wasn't fun. Did I survive? yep. Was it terrible, YES, and something i want again? Absolutely NOT.
Ask the SR poster here who was 100% against the vaccine and got Covid... Oh you can't because he died from it. I guess that .3% was a good trade off considering it was preventable, but he wasn't a sheep, so theres that... I have a cousin who's wife has been in the hospital for a month because of covid. They are about to discharge her, but she needs a walker to get around, but she survived, so no harm done i guess.....

Before 2020, no mRNA vaccine had been authorized for use in humans because they aren't fully tested and the long term effects are unknown. If you're old/overweight/unhealthy, then maybe it's worth the risk to be a test subject.

We know there's a nearly 100% chance for healthy people who aren't old to recover from covid. We don't know how mRNA vaccines will affect our bodies long term. I'm going with what we know.

I see them pushing this vaccine on teenagers. The flu is deadlier than covid in that age bracket. It's madness.

I don't know if it's been discussed yet in this thread (lots of pages to go through that I haven't done) but I have been seeing a lot of stuff about the vaccine "sheds" during intercourse from one person to the next, etc, and all the microchips and demons are spread to those you have intercourse with if you've received the vaccine.

I just can't deal with people and their insistence that they have "researched" and they know this vaccine is bad and there's a reason government is forcing it on everyone with lotteries and such.

And I'm just like what have you researched & for how long that the scientists/researchers, biomed engineers, toxicologists, epidemiologists, immunologists, physicians and regulatory experts that I actually know in person and work with in real life in a global company (so drug development across many countries and governments) who have been doing this for 20-50 years haven't and what makes your limited research superior to theirs?

It's also interesting to me because many of these same experts have not practiced their expertise in real life in only 1 therapeutic area. Their experience spans MANY therapeutic areas. So it's interesting that you've researched "so much" but don't know this about these folks and you'd trust them if you got diagnosed with cancer or a brain tumor or Parkinson's, etc.

There was one article in the Washington Post (I think) about a woman who says she spent over 20,000 hrs researching the covid19 and the vaccines.

We know there's a nearly 100% chance for healthy people who aren't old to recover from covid.

False.

Just anecdotally speaking, just in the small sample size of SaintsReport.com- there was a guy who’d posted regularly here over the last 15 yrs or so who passed away from Covid in April.. His obituary was posted here (ie he was a real person, not just an anonymous poster) with comments from his wife.. He was 40 years old, in great health , not obese and somewhat of a workout fanatic.. He was also very anti-vaccine, called Covid the “plan-demic “, etc.. While he and i rarely saw eye-to-eye, he definitely did not deserve to die.. And yet he did.. he died of Covid, not some other BS that was then chalked up to Covid.. Trust me, in this guy’s circle of belief, in his church, etc- if it had been ANYTHING else but Covid, that would have been the official cause of death, and that would have been what was printed in his obit… But it was what it was, and then his wife posted comments here on SR imploring eveyrone who was able to get the vaccine to please do so.. To be honest, that was my personal tipping point.. i , unlike most Americans, who were either wanting to get the vax as soon as humanly possible, or to never , ever get the vax no matter what the facts are.. i was in the “vaccine-hesitant”, wait-and-see camp.. i had been leaning toward going ahead and getting vaccinated after the first 3 or 4 months it became available , but then that particular poster’s death FROM COVID when he was in great shape at 40 yrs old, pushed me to go out and get my first jab the next day………. I still cant believe that the vaccine has become politicized.. IMO this shuould have been the ONE thing Americans of every political stripe should have been in agreement on.. Like Dolly Parton.. no one doesn’t like Dolly Parton, this vaccine should have been like ‘I disagree with your views 100%, but we can all thank god that we have a vaccine now’…. But nope.. this is why we cant have nice things.

False.

Just anecdotally speaking, just in the small sample size of SaintsReport.com- there was a guy who’d posted regularly here over the last 15 yrs or so who passed away from Covid in April.. His obituary was posted here (ie he was a real person, not just an anonymous poster) with comments from his wife.. He was 40 years old, in great health , not obese and somewhat of a workout fanatic.. He was also very anti-vaccine, called Covid the “plan-demic “, etc.. While he and i rarely saw eye-to-eye, he definitely did not deserve to die.. And yet he did.. he died of Covid, not some other BS that was then chalked up to Covid.. Trust me, in this guy’s circle of belief, in his church, etc- if it had been ANYTHING else but Covid, that would have been the official cause of death, and that would have been what was printed in his obit… But it was what it was, and then his wife posted comments here on SR imploring eveyrone who was able to get the vaccine to please do so.. To be honest, that was my personal tipping point.. i , unlike most Americans, who were either wanting to get the vax as soon as humanly possible, or to never , ever get the vax no matter what the facts are.. i was in the “vaccine-hesitant”, wait-and-see camp.. i had been leaning toward going ahead and getting vaccinated after the first 3 or 4 months it became available , but then that particular poster’s death FROM COVID when he was in great shape at 40 yrs old, pushed me to go out and get my first jab the next day………. I still cant believe that the vaccine has become politicized.. IMO this shuould have been the ONE thing Americans of every political stripe should have been in agreement on.. Like Dolly Parton.. no one doesn’t like Dolly Parton, this vaccine should have been like ‘I disagree with your views 100%, but we can all thank god that we have a vaccine now’…. But nope.. this is why we cant have nice things.
Excellent post. I couldn't have said it better.

You used an anecdote to prove something false? I'll stick with something a little more reliable.

Okay, bro.

I guess i need to spell it out for ya…. The case i sited is one guy on one message board for one sports team.. If you think that was an isolated incident, and that there aren’t similar cases over the last year plus, of very healthy, relatively young people dying from Covid- then believe what you want to believe , i guess… and by all means, do what you need to do in re to the vaccine.. i hope you or someone you love doesnt end up protesting like St PJ did to the point of losing your life.

You used an anecdote to prove something false? I'll stick with something a little more reliable.
Like what? There have been hundreds of millions of vaccines administered and it's becoming clear that states with high vaccination numbers are starting to noticeably see better outcomes than those with lower vaccination rates.

With 600k dead in the US alone, Covid has hit home for a lot of people. My daughter's healthy 50 year old color guard director died from Covid, 3 teachers from her school have succumbed to it. I've lost 3 friends to it. My best friend's sister nearly died from it last month.

But hey, you can keep preaching ignorance, but don't be surprised when people push back on the issue.

My girlfriend has a coworker who between family, friends and acquaintances lost 14 she personally knew to Covid
Back in mid-June of 2020, Louisiana State Senator from Lafayette, Gerald Boudreaux, had lost 8 relatives (all LA residents) to COVID.

To stick with something you have to have it in the first place.

And false assertions and willful ignorance ain't it. Ignoring the long-term effects of COVID-19, ignoring that those with low - but emphatically not zero - fatality rates can pass it on to those with much higher fatality rates, ignoring that even a survival rate of '99.7%' to COVID-19 applied to, say, 166,000,000 people (the approximate number of people in the USA under 40) means around half a million deaths, ignoring that this virus mutates, with the Delta variant being more transmissible and increasing hospitalisation rates, and that's not even getting into your ignorance about the history and development of mRNA vaccines and how they're tested...

Yeah, what you've got isn't reliable. It's broken.

Before 2020, no mRNA vaccine had been authorized for use in humans because they aren't fully tested and the long term effects are unknown. If you're old/overweight/unhealthy, then maybe it's worth the risk to be a test subject.

We know there's a nearly 100% chance for healthy people who aren't old to recover from covid. We don't know how mRNA vaccines will affect our bodies long term. I'm going with what we know.

I see them pushing this vaccine on teenagers. The flu is deadlier than covid in that age bracket. It's madness.
I know i'm piling one, but you are wrong. In some cases you are DEAD wrong. My daughter is a RN who works the Covid ward. She saw people die from it on a daily basis before the vaccines were available. It's your choice, but you have my permission to keep burying your head in the sand .

are you saying they HAVE NOT been working with mRNA since the 90's? you make it sound like they just woke up one day in 2020 and decided, hey lets see what this mRNA is all about since it is a brand new idea...
You do realize that when some one is Covid positive, that it doesn't just affect them. If my 12 year old got covid, had little or no symptoms, pass it to me or his grandparents, now we are at risk because we are in the old/overweight/unhealthy criteria (as you put it).
What do you think of all other vaccines? do you recommend them or are they only for "test subjects" too?

are you saying they HAVE NOT been working with mRNA since the 90's? you make it sound like they just woke up one day in 2020 and decided, hey lets see what this mRNA is all about since it is a brand new idea...
You do realize that when some one is Covid positive, that it doesn't just affect them. If my 12 year old got covid, had little or no symptoms, pass it to me or his grandparents, now we are at risk because we are in the old/overweight/unhealthy criteria (as you put it).
What do you think of all other vaccines? do you recommend them or are they only for "test subjects" too?
yep, for the 700th million time, the genome has been mapped since 2004. The info is out there for any who wants to research with an open mind.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom