Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (19 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
Good Lord that's a depressing read. The nurses and doctors feeling the anger at their patients for being ignorant is totally justified. The information has been out for a while now and with a large majority of those filling up the hospitals being unvaccinated, we're all paying the price for people's idiocy. Ugh.

Okay, it looks like the anti-mRNA propaganda may have originated in China, not Russia. Pride, nationalistic pride, is keeping them back.:confused:

Can you imagine what would happen to the American economy if our vaccinations numbers soared? Talk about getting the jump on the competitors. Greater productivity from fewer symptoms. All of that.

Instead of mRNA, China’s leading vaccine makers, namely the state-owned Sinopharm and private firm Sinovac, rely on inactivated vaccine technology. These vaccines introduce a killed—or inactivated—form of COVID-19 into the body’s immune system, and China made the bet that using the century-old approach would create fewer regulatory and production problems than newer methods.
China’s resistance to mRNA technology became apparent earlier this year, when state media outlets attempted to sow doubt about mRNA jabs from companies like Pfizer as a means to promote China’s domestically produced shots.

“What is now clear is that [mRNA] technology works and is superior to the current Chinese [inactivated] approach,” says Thomas. “The Chinese government needs to unpick its own position on mRNA vaccines if it is to provide better community protection as it opens up.”

“We haven’t seen any strong efforts to promote mRNA vaccines in China,” Huang says. “There is a political concern that if China approves the mRNA vaccines, it might send a signal that leads people to question the effectiveness of the existing [Chinese] vaccines.”

Good Lord that's a depressing read. The nurses and doctors feeling the anger at their patients for being ignorant is totally justified. The information has been out for a while now and with a large majority of those filling up the hospitals being unvaccinated, we're all paying the price for people's idiocy. Ugh.
This is the line that gets me.

"Nurses are watching families navigate end-of-life decisions for young people who have no advance directives or other legal documents in place."

Well this is not good

The NFL doesn't plan to cancel any games this season, the person told the Associated Press.
The ONLY problem I have with that is that it is possible to be fully vaccinated and still get it. I do understand the NFL's reluctance to cancel games, but wish they would be able to reschedule.

Do you have a source for this? I'd like to pass this on to a family member who will be traveling to the US in a few weeks.
I forgot about VeriFly.

Depending on the airport you are coming from outside the U.S. and the airline you are flying, you may or may not be able to check in and get your boarding passes via internet before you go to the airport. You can use VeriFLY to "show" your covid test when checking in via the web, and get your boarding passes. Otherwise, you will have to check in at the airport counter/kiosk and show your test to an airline agent, which may be a pain depending on the airport you are flying out of.

I normally fly from Mérida to Miami, and the airport in Mérida doesn't have many international flights, so checking in at the counter/kiosk at the airport is no biggie, takes no time, and I don't want to use VeriFLY - net anonimity!!! But the last time I had to fly out of Cancún to Charlotte, on the 4th of July holiday week, and the lines to the counter/kiosks were brutal.

Federal district court in Indiana upholds vaccine policy for Indiana University. The policy is that in order to be on campus and attend in-person classes, students must be vaccinated, or they must wear masks and use social distancing.

This isn't surprising, as vaccine requirements have been upheld in the past in other applications and this isn't the first case upholding Covid-related vaccine rules at public institutions.

From the post (and I've known people like this guy - people who enjoy being contrary about everything)
==========================
Ever since I was young, I have known this dude who denigrated everything I did or loved. It was as if he’d go out of his way to do it.

Whenever I saw him in public, I would try to hide. But he would invariably spot me and come swaggering over. We’d make small talk until he’d eventually ask something like this:
“Whatcha doin' this weekend?”
“Oh, I'm going dancing at _____________," I’d reply.

And he’d say something like: “People still go to that place? I guess there’s no accounting for taste, huh? I can’t believe that dump is even still open.”

He would do this with everything. It didn’t matter what my answer was. Everything I liked, he dismissed — by way of making me feel that whatever I did or planned was beneath him. I don’t think his intention was to insult.

I just think he felt he was this special breed of human being, singular in his specialness.
I’m reminded of him every time I hear people go on about how they’re not going to get the coronavirus vaccine.

Their “caution” feels almost neurotic, based on little more than the thrill of contrarianism. The “I’m so unique and different” of it all. They seem to want, more than anything else, to show that they’re smarter than the average bear. Like the pompous hipster who says, “You wouldn’t even know the bands I listen to.”

Little do these people know how unspecial they are.
I recently had the opportunity to hear a 95-year-old man speak on the subject of covid-19. When asked if he’d gotten the vaccine, he responded that he received it as soon as it was available. He went on to say that, in his long life, he has seen this behavior over and over again with regard to vaccines.

He has lived through the people who were smarter than the measles vaccine and the mumps vaccine, smallpox, polio; There has always been a percentage of the population that refused them…….

Last edited:

Just dandy. I'm sure all the young kids will love this. For those vaccinated, my 5 year old daughter appreciates it. Those who haven't been, she has opinions that would violate the TOS.

I wonder if she'll ever see her classmates faces this year. This stinks.

Just dandy. I'm sure all the young kids will love this. For those vaccinated, my 5 year old daughter appreciates it. Those who haven't been, she has opinions that would violate the TOS.

I wonder if she'll ever see her classmates faces this year. This stinks.
Do you think the school district will follow these guidelines? I'm pretty sure here in Texas, they will give the AAP the finger.

Is this legit? Because that's all sorts of forked up if true.

Edit: Well, nevermind, I read the thread, and in the comments it's posted that the lister of the property was suspended from the Airbnb platform for spreading the misinformation. Good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom