Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (7 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
Yeah I certainly wasn't suggesting not getting the vaccine if you had covid...was just hoping it provided some protection for the benefit of society and not necessarily for the benefit of the dumbarse who won't get vaccinated
Yeah, I think it's good to know the efficacy of the antibodies themselves, and how long that natural resistance to Covid holds up. Certainly the odds are better with vaccination, but it's good to have the data for both scenarios.

A hospital tried to force nurses to get vaccinated and it was an abject failure, because there is a major nursing shortage already… they can’t afford to even lose 5% of their clinical nurses. Hospitals would probably lose 1/3 of their nurses, whereas competing hospitals would welcome them with open arms. So these nurses hold a lot of power. Hell even if they mandated it nationally, I bet 10% would quit clinical nursing all together.

Glad to hear it. I was worried about getting it as well, since people who had GBS aren't even supposed to get the flu vaccine but the mRNA vaccines are supposed to be safe

Can't say I was convinced or without worry, but i had covid and in my mind the benefits far outweighed the risks even with the GBS issue
GBS runs in my family. Flu vaccine killed my niece. Crippled her from the chest down and pressure sores did the rest. Took 14 yrs but in end it did her in.

GBS runs in my family. Flu vaccine killed my niece. Crippled her from the chest down and pressure sores did the rest. Took 14 yrs but in end it did her in.
Sorry to hear that. Pretty much the sum of my fears

I didn't even know it could be genetic. Once again, my condolences

They need to fire her as well

I'm also sick to death of the media signal boosting this horse sheet. For as much as we talk about the stupidity of the general populace and how social media allows stuff to spread like wildfire, traditional media is culpable in this as well. This isn't presenting "both sides of the story," it's putting a dangerous and irresponsible take out there for public consumption coming from someone a lot of people hold as an authority on the matter (we've covered why that isn't true, but it remains the case).

They are nurses too. I’m hoping the nursing board comes down hard on them for putting lives in danger. I don’t want them(The ones in video) taking care of me that is for sure.
My wife and I had this talk a while ago. If for some reason one of us winds up incapacitated in a hospital, the other needs to insist that no medical personnel are responsible for our care who have not been vaccinated. Our reasoning is that if someone isn't willing to do such a simple thing for the betterment of themselves, their families and society, then we don't have much faith in their ability to do what's right for us as their patient. I hope we never get to find out how well this position would go over.

So before I was interrupted by an out of touch bass guitar player, I was coming to post that perhaps Delta is starting to scare the sheet out of people. Colleague's son is a pharmacy tech at a North Shore Walgreens. He has to do three hours overtime due to them being inundated with people coming in for the vaccine.
I've been wondering for the last few months if a certain segment of the population was not getting vaccinated because they were complacent over the low case numbers. But once the case numbers start going up, they'll be spooked out of their complacency and get the shot.

Guess I have my answer.

I've been wondering for the last few months if a certain segment of the population was not getting vaccinated because they were complacent over the low case numbers. But once the case numbers start going up, they'll be spooked out of their complacency and get the shot.

Guess I have my answer.
Yeah Superchuck posted an Atlantic article on this a few pages back. Confirms your suspicion

What a shock. It is spreading from the people vacationing in Florida

I'm also sick to death of the media signal boosting this horse sheet. For as much as we talk about the stupidity of the general populace and how social media allows stuff to spread like wildfire, traditional media is culpable in this as well. This isn't presenting "both sides of the story," it's putting a dangerous and irresponsible take out there for public consumption coming from someone a lot of people hold as an authority on the matter (we've covered why that isn't true, but it remains the case).
Totally agree. Giving these idiots airplay does not help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom