Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (62 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
Bob Odenkirk gets his booster but the cool part is the Pharm D. gal served as my Pharmacist stakeholder for a about a year on a project I worked on years ago.

1636738533058.jpg
Pretty brave of him to get a booster because according to one of my family members, he almost died from the initial vaccine.

I received my booster at 12;45 today. Two hours later I have no side effects,not even a sore arm. I wanted to get the
Moderna,but the clinic was out and not expecting another shipment until the middle of next week. I went ahead and
got Phizer #3 and glad I did. It had been 9 months since the 2nd phizer and I was beginning to worry about declining
anti-body levels.

There were no questions asked verbally. Walk ins were available without an appt. All I had to do was fill out a form stating
I was not feeling sick,running a fever,or getting another vaccination today.

or getting another vaccination today.
I thought it was okay to get, say, this and the flu shot at the same time? I mean, I've staggered mine, so it's whatever, but I found it curious they'd ask if you were getting another vaccination today.

I thought it was okay to get, say, this and the flu shot at the same time? I mean, I've staggered mine, so it's whatever, but I found it curious they'd ask if you were getting another vaccination today.
I thought the same. If I were getting the flu shot today,I would have lied about it. Getting both has been ok'd,but I felt
like talking to someone there as little as possible. I would have had to fill out another form saying I'm accepting the
risks.

I'll get the flu shot later this month or early Dec. Flu season doesn't reach its peak here until mid March. The first reports
start coming in around early Feb, so I still have plenty of time,and it will be two weeks post covid booster.

The CVS near my house is doing Pfizer boosters and has an avail tonight at 6:30. I know deep in my brain it probably doesn't matter, but because I got Moderna the first time around, I want to stick with the horse what done brought me.

I should just schedule it anyway, shouldn't I? It's just that I haven't seen enough clinical data on which one has the better 5G reception.

I didn't know Borax could nullify 11G (the booster turned my 5G up to 11 \m/ \m/)...

Then, she recommends adding in one cup of borax, a cleaning agent that’s been banned as a food additive by the Food and Drug Administration, to “take nanotechnologies out of you.”

Is this going to be an issue with anyone for the holidays?

We are going to Dallas but everyone has been vaccinated
===============
NEW YORK (AP) — Thanksgiving is Jonatan Mitchell’s favorite holiday, usually spent with his wife co-hosting up to 20 loved ones. He’d been looking forward to the gathering this year after calling it off in 2020 due to the pandemic, but one of the most pressing issues of the times got in the way: Who’s vaccinated and who’s not?

Mitchell, 35, in Coon Rapids, Minnesota, has a rare neurological disorder called Kleine-Levin Syndrome and a smattering of related health issues that leave him at high risk should he contract COVID. Two relatives — his father-in-law and a brother-in-law — won’t get vaccinated.

Rather than laying down an ultimatum doomed to fail, the Mitchells called off Thanksgiving, choosing instead to host a Friendsgiving the following day. Mitchell’s vaccinated wife will catch up with her family on Thursday.

The situation, which Mitchell said is upsetting and frustrating, resonates with many families navigating the vaccination divide for the holidays. Thanksgiving is a bellwether for how the rest of the season will go among those facing family conflict over the shot.

“This is a line in the sand I’m willing to draw with others,” Mitchell said of the choice not to confront his unvaccinated relatives. “I’ve cut off a handful of friends and acquaintances that are staunchly anti-vaccine, but you can’t do that with family.”

That sentiment, echoed by others, points to a transition in the pandemic from abject fear over public safety to a more long-term and intimate reshaping of social norms, said Karla Erickson, a professor of sociology at Grinnell College…….

Erickson sees other pandemic strands at play heading into the holiday season.

“There are also questions,” she said, “like how did this person or this family navigate the pandemic more generally? Do we share values about what this last year has meant for our families? Did we stay in touch? Have we reconnected enough to share the holiday?”

August Abbott answers etiquette questions at JustAnswer.com, a help line that has just over 10 million unique monthly visitors. Of late, she has been responding to a barrage of questions about holiday gatherings and vaccinations. Among them: Is it rude to ask for a guest’s vaccination status? Can I disinvite somebody who isn’t vaccinated?

“It’s kind of like Typhoid Mary. Do you invite her to dinner knowing she’s Typhoid Mary, or do you explain to Mary, `I’m sorry, we can’t take a chance. We love you, but we can’t take that chance.’ That’s what you’ve got to do with unvaccinated people when it comes to COVID, most especially if someone in your household is elderly or immunocompromised. This is just a matter of health and respecting each other, not political,” she said.

Tone, Abbott said, is everything…….

Interesting read
============
The official U.S. approval of a coronavirus vaccine for elementary school students removes one of the last barriers to ending the pandemic, but it’s obvious that a significant portion of the country will never fully embrace vaccination.

We’ve tried just about every form of positive motivation, including emphasizing family reunions, giving away beer and dangling $5 million in lottery winnings — with mixed results.

For example, researchers found that Ohio’s distinctive lottery program didn’t actually affect vaccination rates.

To combat vaccine hesitancy, we need to grasp its psychological roots. Alongside skepticism of institutions and experts, exposure to misinformation, and other often-cited reasons for resisting vaccines sits a clear emotional explanation: Many people are afraid that they’ll make a bad decision. They’re influenced by the psychology of anticipated regret.

Understanding this reaction can help us get more shots into arms, removing one of the final obstacles to controlling the virus.
It’s widely understood that when humans make decisions, they engage in a cost-benefit analysis.

But psychologists have shown that people also conduct a less-rational calculation involving the regret they might experience. When deciding which of two roads to go down, they not only consider the statistical probabilities but also implicitly imagine their reactions to worst-case scenarios.

In these analyses, potential bad outcomes weigh heavier on the mind than equally likely positive possibilities.
When do people anticipate feeling the most regret? When outcomes will derive from actions they take (as opposed to the consequences of declining to act), research shows.

Psychologists — notably Daniel Kahneman, who won a Nobel Prize in economics for his work on decision-making — have demonstrated these tendencies in a series of experiments. For example, Kahneman found that people anticipate feeling more regret if they were to lose money by switching to a new stock vs. taking a loss on their current stock.

And this regret is maximally intensified when we freely choose to take action — we are not ordered or coerced — and when it involves new or experimental activities.

For example, Kahneman found that people anticipate more regret when imagining an accident that occurs while driving home along a new route compared with driving on one’s normal route. Anticipated regret is why people often prefer to stand still rather than move forward……

The collapse of resistance to the mandates, following fierce pledges to quit, is puzzling until you consider the psychology of regret. When people don’t feel the weight of making their own choice, they aren’t as tormented by the anticipated negative outcomes of their decision.

Mandates externalize responsibility for getting vaccinated — shifting it from the self to others — making it easier to go forward with getting a shot. (Confronting the reality of losing a job surely also has a persuasive effect.)……

Interesting read
============
The official U.S. approval of a coronavirus vaccine for elementary school students removes one of the last barriers to ending the pandemic, but it’s obvious that a significant portion of the country will never fully embrace vaccination.

We’ve tried just about every form of positive motivation, including emphasizing family reunions, giving away beer and dangling $5 million in lottery winnings — with mixed results.

For example, researchers found that Ohio’s distinctive lottery program didn’t actually affect vaccination rates.

To combat vaccine hesitancy, we need to grasp its psychological roots. Alongside skepticism of institutions and experts, exposure to misinformation, and other often-cited reasons for resisting vaccines sits a clear emotional explanation: Many people are afraid that they’ll make a bad decision. They’re influenced by the psychology of anticipated regret.

Understanding this reaction can help us get more shots into arms, removing one of the final obstacles to controlling the virus.
It’s widely understood that when humans make decisions, they engage in a cost-benefit analysis.

But psychologists have shown that people also conduct a less-rational calculation involving the regret they might experience. When deciding which of two roads to go down, they not only consider the statistical probabilities but also implicitly imagine their reactions to worst-case scenarios.

In these analyses, potential bad outcomes weigh heavier on the mind than equally likely positive possibilities.
When do people anticipate feeling the most regret? When outcomes will derive from actions they take (as opposed to the consequences of declining to act), research shows.

Psychologists — notably Daniel Kahneman, who won a Nobel Prize in economics for his work on decision-making — have demonstrated these tendencies in a series of experiments. For example, Kahneman found that people anticipate feeling more regret if they were to lose money by switching to a new stock vs. taking a loss on their current stock.

And this regret is maximally intensified when we freely choose to take action — we are not ordered or coerced — and when it involves new or experimental activities.

For example, Kahneman found that people anticipate more regret when imagining an accident that occurs while driving home along a new route compared with driving on one’s normal route. Anticipated regret is why people often prefer to stand still rather than move forward……

The collapse of resistance to the mandates, following fierce pledges to quit, is puzzling until you consider the psychology of regret. When people don’t feel the weight of making their own choice, they aren’t as tormented by the anticipated negative outcomes of their decision.

Mandates externalize responsibility for getting vaccinated — shifting it from the self to others — making it easier to go forward with getting a shot. (Confronting the reality of losing a job surely also has a persuasive effect.)……

At some point, we must let natural selection take over. I'm pretty sure we're at that point now.

I think, during the next pandemic, instead of getting vaxxed as soon as possible, I'll hold out until the govt offers me a million dollars to get vaxxed, then hem and haw about it for a day, then get jabbed and collect my retirement fund.

I think, during the next pandemic, instead of getting vaxxed as soon as possible, I'll hold out until the govt offers me a million dollars to get vaxxed, then hem and haw about it for a day, then get jabbed and collect my retirement fund.
Unfortunately, I doubt that they'll ever pay again. Ohio was doing payouts/lottery etc. They found that payouts didn't have an effect in terms of increasing the vaccinated population so they stopped.

As a small sample size. My employer offered $500 for fully vaccinated employees, and another $1000 if we reach 83%. We are at 54% and the number has not increased. The company pulled the offer.

Unfortunately, I doubt that they'll ever pay again. Ohio was doing payouts/lottery etc. They found that payouts didn't have an effect in terms of increasing the vaccinated population so they stopped.

As a small sample size. My employer offered $500 for fully vaccinated employees, and another $1000 if we reach 83%. We are at 54% and the number has not increased. The company pulled the offer.

The incentives didn’t move the needle at all

The mandates did

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom