Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (3 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
My girlfriend and I will be getting our booster next week

We both did phizer

Getting conflicting opinions on whether it’s better to get a third phizer shot or switch to moderna
I've seen various reports. I think that at this point, it's more a matter of any booster is better than no booster. Get whatever you can get as quickly as you can get it.

My girlfriend and I will be getting our booster next week

We both did phizer

Getting conflicting opinions on whether it’s better to get a third phizer shot or switch to moderna
I personally will be sticking with Pfizer when I get my booster (after getting Pfizer the first two). I've yet to see anything compelling that cross pollination results in better outcomes. If you did well from the Pfizer, you will probably do fine with the booster. I don't think that's as safe to assume with a different manufacturer.

My wife and I have our Moderna boosters (we’re all Moderna) scheduled for 12:40 today.

The second shot put me down hard, so I’m not looking forward to this, but maybe I’ll get lucky and it won’t be too bad.

Mine was roughly on par with the second dose. Felt like garbage for a day and then was fine.

My wife and I have our Moderna boosters (we’re all Moderna) scheduled for 12:40 today.

The second shot put me down hard, so I’m not looking forward to this, but maybe I’ll get lucky and it won’t be too bad.
So not as rough as 2, but definitely worse than 1. Fever, chills, exhaustion, body aches. Still not completely over it but I feel like it’s getting better. Last night was tough.

I got my Pfizer booster yesterday, nearing the 24 hour mark. I didn’t really experience any symptoms with the first two doses, other than a little fatigue. I’m feeling noticeably more symptomatic this time, though not awful, so far. Injection site is a lot more sore. Mild headache, body aches, fever, and fatigue. I feel like I can go about my day just fine, right now, but definitely feeling this one.

I got my Pfizer booster yesterday, nearing the 24 hour mark. I didn’t really experience any symptoms with the first two doses, other than a little fatigue. I’m feeling noticeably more symptomatic this time, though not awful, so far. Injection site is a lot more sore. Mild headache, body aches, fever, and fatigue. I feel like I can go about my day just fine, right now, but definitely feeling this one.
Hydrate.

My dad should be getting a booster. Instead he's ranting about conspiracies and how the vaccine kills your immune system. He got his first two doses but is convinced they did something to hi immune system and refuses to get a booster. He seemed irritated that I got one. He believes every conspiracy he sees after my mom died and gets P'Oed off if you try to reason with him. My life is very depressing.

looks promising

The CoVac-1 jab has been developed and made by academics at the University of Tubingen, in Germany.

The cells form part of the immune response to protect people against infections and often work in tandem with antibodies. However, while antibody levels often decline over time and need boosting, T-cells have the ability to stay in the bloodstream for several years.

What is the longest that any of you have had symptoms (fever over 101, specifically) after any of the doses or boosters (and please indicate which)?

What is the longest that any of you have had symptoms (fever over 101, specifically) after any of the doses or boosters (and please indicate which)?
I think dose 2, and I'm pretty sure just part of one night. Maybe 4-6 hours? I never got to 101 though. More like 99-100

Up to 10,000 active-duty Marines will not be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus when their deadline arrives in coming days, a trajectory expected to yield the U.S. military’s worst immunization rate.

While 94 percent of Marine Corps personnel have met the vaccination requirement or are on a path to do so, according to the latest official data, for the remainder it is too late to begin a regimen and complete it by the service’s Nov. 28 deadline.

Within an institution built upon the belief that orders are to be obeyed, and one that brands itself the nation’s premier crisis-response force, it is a vexing outcome.

The holdouts will join approximately 9,600 Air Force personnel who have outright refused the vaccine, did not report their status, or sought an exemption on medical or religious grounds, causing a dilemma for commanders tasked with maintaining combat-ready forces — and marking the latest showdown over President Biden’s authority to impose vaccination as a condition of continued government service.

“Marines know they’re an expeditionary force, and pride themselves on discipline and being first to fight,” said David Lapan, a retired Marine Corps officer and former communications chief for the service. Leadership, he said, should be alarmed that the Marine Corps ethos of always being ready for the next mission appears to be tarnished in this case. “Why,” Lapan asked, “did they decide not to follow a direct order?”………

I was once on a path to join the marines post-9/11 (eventually got derailed for medical reasons.) I remember having my doubts about some of the things I would be ordered to do, and I asked my dad (retired USMC officer) about being brainwashed. He told me "well yea, they'll brainwash you, but thats why we're so good at what we do. They'll brainwash you into thinking that its worth getting blown up to save the life of another soldier you've never met. But in turn, those other guys have been brainwashed to do the same for you."

Now, this was right as we were gearing up for Iraq 2.0, and coming from a guy who fought in Vietnam, we both understood that skepticism of those at the top could be warranted, but is ultimately counterproductive, at least as far as the rank and file go. If you're not 100% on board, you can get the fork out. You can't go into this with any reservations.

So this case it looks like a small percentage of the Marines have been brainwashed by the wrong people. Its a horrible waste of the resources spent to train them, but if they arent on board, it's time to get the boot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom