Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (7 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
I’m wondering peoples thoughts on this..

I have a large family that I’m very close with. Earlier this year my parents got very sick with Covid with one having to be hospitalized. Only one of my parents has gotten vaccinated (only 1 shot) and they both do not want boosters. I also have a couple of siblings with their partners who have refused to get it also.

I don’t want to be a stickler because I’m otherwise very healthy.. but I have chronic asthma and after seeing the long term effects, I really want to worry more about myself these days and my health as I age, though I’m only 31..

I’ve thought of just telling my folks I won’t be visiting until they’ve been vaccinated. I know that sounds harsh, but the last few times I’ve visited them, at least one of 8 family members has gotten sick with it. I hate it because I’m so close to them, but honestly feel like it’s the responsible thing though uncomfortable.

I have a large family that I’m very close with. Earlier this year my parents got very sick with Covid with one having to be hospitalized. Only one of my parents has gotten vaccinated (only 1 shot) and they both do not want boosters. I also have a couple of siblings with their partners who have refused to get it also.

I don’t want to be a stickler because I’m otherwise very healthy.. but I have chronic asthma and after seeing the long term effects, I really want to worry more about myself these days and my health as I age, though I’m only 31..

I’ve thought of just telling my folks I won’t be visiting until they’ve been vaccinated. I know that sounds harsh, but the last few times I’ve visited them, at least one of 8 family members has gotten sick with it. I hate it because I’m so close to them, but honestly feel like it’s the responsible thing though uncomfortable.

Don't risk your health for their stubbornness.

I'm going to visit relatives for Christmas, and I have similar concerns. My dad and stepmom got vaccinated originally, but I'm 99% sure they won't be getting a booster. I have two cousins that are unvaccinated. I doubt most of the rest of my family will be getting boosters. Certainly no mask use. I'll be staying in an overfull house with them, and attending a Christmas party with a ton of people. I think we all know what news network they're all glued to and what media they consume.

I'm not terribly concerned about myself, as I have some semblance of cardiovascular conditioning, and I'm vaxxed, boosted, and take immune supplements, for whatever those are worth. I guess I'm just going to ignore their lack of care for the two days that I'm there. Their selfishness and irresponsibility is their problem. If they get sick, then they get sick. Oh well.

Unfortunately, that's where we are at these days. Like the old saying, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink... If any of them get sick or worse, then they have no one to blame except themselves.

Today, I heard a new one....

Apparently, Dr. Zelenko (who turned Trump on to the idea of HCQ as a treatment of COVID) is currently working on a reverse vaccine to "unvaccinate" individuals.

well, im no scientist, but logic tells me to reverse a vaccine, you must then inject with what the vaccine was intended to protect against?

so like COVID.

lol

Today, I heard a new one....

Apparently, Dr. Zelenko (who turned Trump on to the idea of HCQ as a treatment of COVID) is currently working on a reverse vaccine to "unvaccinate" individuals.
I think someone posted a link a few dozen pages ago to the story about people using herbal remedies and other hippie nonsense to de-vax themselves after they got vaccinated to keep from getting fired.

SPOILER: You can't unvax yourself no matter how hard you try

Don't risk your health for their stubbornness.
This. Do what's best FOR YOU and only you.
I am a huge proponent for doing what is in your best interest and not letting family/friends/society guilting you into doing something you're not comfortable with - especially if it puts your own health at risk.

You have to live your life. Not them so they can't tell you what's best for you. If they die from COVID (heaven forbid), guess who is still going to be here having to live their life? You. Do you want to risk living that life with long COVID?

Unfortunately, that's where we are at these days. Like the old saying, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink... If any of them get sick or worse, then they have no one to blame except themselves.

These days you can't even lead the horse to water - it's more like a stubborn mule that refuses to budge

It looks like the risk of myocarditis far outweighs the long term effects of COVID-19.
Edit…I said that exactly opposite of what I mean..lol

You see people making this point a lot, and of course its true that the risks of getting lasting COVID effects are higher than getting myocarditis, but you have to admit that getting myocarditis is worse than getting a mild case of COVID that subsides, or better yet, not getting COVID at all. And of course, now there are enough breakthrough cases that some extremely unlucky people may suffer from vaccine side effects AND COVID.

At this point there's 4 scenarios that can play out.

1. Don't get vaxxed, don't get COVID (the hermit)
2. Get vaxxed, get boosters, don't get COVID (the self-righteous good samaritan, including myself so far)
3. Don't get vaxxed, get COVID (the butt crevasse)
4. Get vaxxed, get COVID anyway (the bad luck Brian)

As more and more #4's occur, the appeal of getting vaxxed and risking side effects is going to start to wear off. Hopefully we get some real solid data from the boosters doing their job so people don't just start giving up.

Tell them you won’t visit until they’re vaccinated, and feel no remorse over doing it.

Am I the only one who is hoping that people start trying Horse laxatives to flush the vaccine out of their bodies?

I think someone posted a link a few dozen pages ago to the story about people using herbal remedies and other hippie nonsense to de-vax themselves after they got vaccinated to keep from getting fired.

SPOILER: You can't unvax yourself no matter how hard you try
No, but with a certain population demographic you can sure make money saying you will unvaccinate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom