are youguys really comfortable with goodwin as our C? (2 Viewers)

YES. He was much better than Faine last season. I was surprised to see them give the starting job back to Faine when he came back from his injury.

YES. He was much better than Faine last season. I was surprised to see them give the starting job back to Faine when he came back from his injury.

I gotta agree here. We had a better running game with Goody and Steck/PT than we did with our starters Faine and Deuce/Reggie

Very comfortable with Goodwin.

Not sure yet about the depth at C behind him. Nesbit and possibly Alleman would seem to be the back-ups, but I've never seen them at C. Training camp will tell us more.

I absolutely LOVE Jeff Faine over Goodwin ...because of the cap money he chopped off the Bucs' limit! :evilgrin:

Had Loomis paid that for Faine (from the Browns), I would have chucked my lunch. Glad the Bucs "got their man." :hihi:

:gosaints:

Very comfortable. Goodwin outplayed Faine last year when he was in. We ran the ball better and hopefully will continue that trend this year.

So you have no idea about how he performs, but you don't feel comfortable with him as starter? I don't get it.

He is just as good as Faine if not better. And much much cheaper. If my memory serves me correctly we had consecutive 100 yd rushing games with him as a starter.

True. I like Goodwin and I think he was better than Faine when he played. No reason to break the bank on a center when you have Goodwin.

Going by what I saw last season, he was playing better than Faine. Now I don't know if Faine was still injured, but I didn't see Goodwin get pushed into the pocket nearly as much as I saw Faine get pushed.

I'm not. I don't know if I would trust Goodwin, who was awful with the Jets, to be better than Faine cumulatively over 16 weeks. I would not be opposed to drafting a C in the mid-rounds to groom. We could be looking at an excellent 2nd string for the o-line in Bushrod, Alleman, drafted C, and Streif.

He started I believe 4 games this past year when Faine went out and Stecker tore it up. IK wanted him to stay in but he came out when Faine came back.

Very comfortable. He was gonna win the starting job and that is why Faine jumped all over the Tampa deal. Had Tampa and the other teams had waited they could have gotten Faine much much cheaper. When the other teams saw that Goodwin was winning the starting job anyway, they could have lowered there offers. We will not miss a beat at center.

The offensive line seemed to play better with Goodwin at center. I was disappointed when Faine came back. Goodwin will do a good job for us. I believe that.

So you have no idea about how he performs, but you don't feel comfortable with him as starter? I don't get it.

He is just as good as Faine if not better. And much much cheaper. If my memory serves me correctly we had consecutive 100 yd rushing games with him as a starter.

I think Andrus brought up the point in another thread that we were 4-0 when he was starting. I like Goodwin fine. I am apprehensive if he should happen to go down with an injury; we definately need to either draft someone, bring in a UDFA, or give Allemon or Nesbit snaps at C. C is a position that can be filled admirably with late round draft choices and UDFA's. The last two superbowl winners had undrafted free agents as their starting centers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom