are youguys really comfortable with goodwin as our C? (1 Viewer)

Here's the bottom line... the Saints were winning with Goodwin. As soon as Faine was reinserted into the lineup, Saints lost and didn't fair too well the rest of the season.

Speculating a bit, but I think that the Saints recognized that the better of the two centers was Goodwin, and THAT is why Faine even got to Free Agency. Goodwin sure is a heck of a lot bigger than Faine and harder to move. :D

As far as Goodwin being horrible with the Jets, that is the first time that I have heard that. Even if he was, OL tend to get better with experience.

Honestly...I can't believe this is even being discussed. Goodwin is just as good if not better! Now draft nothing but DEFENCE unless it's a running back...say no earlier than the 3rd round.

I feel fine with it because Nesbit can play center and we have three prospects in Bushrod, Alleman and Streif that are all itching to get on the field. We have plenty of depth on the OL.

In my opinion he did a better job last year then Faine did. I am confortable with him in there.

I agree with everyone saying that he was better than Faine last year... My only bit of doubt is that NO ONE would have said that the year before... Faine took a step back, and somehow, Goodwin went from the backup no one ever wanted to see on the field to a viable option... Maybe just took him awhile to mesh, and I'll hope it's the case. But I'm a little suspicious there may be consistency issues... But I'm going to be positive about it, assume it just took him awhile, and hope for the best.

As comfortable as I can get... Goodwin is a better talent, whereas Faine may have been a better tactician.... kind of the Jerry Fontenot/LeCharles Bentley deal... brains vs Braun... Not saying Faine was a genius or Goodwin is a door knob... but... we'll see.

goodwin is a better run blocker, faine is a better passblocker. faine is as good a passblocker as anyone in the NFL ,so that doesnt mean goodwin is not a good passblocker. Faine may be a better playcaller but he is a huge injury risk, he's only played 1 full season ( i think) his entire career. Faine is debatably a better player but replacing him with goodwin was absolutely the right move.

Here Is The Answer To The Question

Remember, he backed up argueably the greatest center in our era,Kevin Mawae, for years. Nobody knew how good he was. In all reality he has shown to be a solid center in his time starting. Imo you want see any drop off from him with faine gone. Faine was a solid center but never great and sometimes i saw him get bullied. He is a little undersized vs. goodwin is 300+.He finally has his chance to start and i think he will do fine.

How was he awful with the jets

I'm not. I don't know if I would trust Goodwin, who was awful with the Jets, to be better than Faine cumulatively over 16 weeks. I would not be opposed to drafting a C in the mid-rounds to groom. We could be looking at an excellent 2nd string for the o-line in Bushrod, Alleman, drafted C, and Streif.

The year he did start was when Mawae was injuried. That whole team sucked not just goodwin. Injuries all over the squad. Hell when we started 0-4 Brees looked like crap too, does that make him awful?

i'm not sure i feel too great about him being our starting C when the season begins. i didn't really get to see him play, is he solid?

I feel real good about Goodwin. He started when Jeff Faine was injured and played extremly well.

I gotta agree here. We had a better running game with Goody and Steck/PT than we did with our starters Faine and Deuce/Reggie

If I'm not mistaken PT was getting zero touches when Goodwin was the Center.:idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom