are youguys really comfortable with goodwin as our C? (1 Viewer)

d3vanj

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
i'm not sure i feel too great about him being our starting C when the season begins. i didn't really get to see him play, is he solid?

So you have no idea about how he performs, but you don't feel comfortable with him as starter? I don't get it.

He is just as good as Faine if not better. And much much cheaper. If my memory serves me correctly we had consecutive 100 yd rushing games with him as a starter.

Im good draft someone late maybe as insurance but Goodwin is Goodwin enough for me

He's squishy in some places.....but mostly solid. Most 300 lbers have squishy spots tho.

As far as being a center....he is a stronger center than Faine. Haven't seen him play enough to know if he is as good as Faine when it comes to line calls. But optimistic there.....we have a great o line coach.

Yes he impressed me last year when he replaced Faine. I am looking forward to see what he does as the starter.

Step it up big man.

I love how his face/head is so big it seems to kind of stick out of his facemask. Cracks me up.

comfortable? Sure

Stoked? No.

We could upgrade many positions, but an upgrade here is not as dire a need as it is in other places.

Besides he is better than any free agent out there, and better (experience considered) than 2nd round quality C in the draft.

So what are we gonna do?

So you have no idea about how he performs, but you don't feel comfortable with him as starter? I don't get it.

He is just as good as Faine if not better. And much much cheaper. If my memory serves me correctly we had consecutive 100 yd rushing games with him as a starter.

the reason i dont feel comfortable is because i havent seen him play.

I thought Goodwin blocked better up the middle than Faine. In those couple games he played, I thought he might have stolen the job from Faine. I feel really good about him as our starting Center. Either way, this offensive line gave up the least amount of sacks in the NFL last season, so Goodwin still has some shoes to fill, but I think he can do it.

the reason i dont feel comfortable is because i havent seen him play.

When he played for Faine, I didn't notice a difference.

Actually I did...I was less frustrated with our running game - almost happy. Hopefully, it was because of Goodwin and we have a good next season.

I feel that we have upgraded the position. Godwin is bigger and stronger. Faine was tiny. I don't know what his listed size was, but he looked more like a fullback than a center.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom