Argh text and firefox problems (1 Viewer)

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am having some very strange issues with firefox right now. The words some times appear to be scrambled or messed up. I don't know what the heck is going on. And then it comes back.

Are the pages not loading properly? What version of FF are you using?

I am using version 19.0. And the page loads fine and then I swear the letters shift and become messy, and then go back to normal. Then they may shift again. Very frustrating.

Here is an example of what an article looks like now. It was working just fine, and then the text messed up.

text_zps5f7d8382.jpg
[/IMG]

Hey there Semper,I don`t know if this has anything with your issue but,I was having a similar issue like that(almost identical)as well and I changed the default display font in Firefox(tools-options-under the content tab) and the problem never came back.:idunno:

Hey there Semper,I don`t know if this has anything with your issue but,I was having a similar issue like that(almost identical)as well and I changed the default display font in Firefox(tools-options-under the content tab) and the problem never came back.:idunno:

What did you change it too?

did the font size change as well while reading? that almost looks like it does on some pages when you scroll out a tad.

Font size did not change. And I also noticed that if I move my mouse to the effected area it goes away.

Did you add any themes or extensions around the time you started having this problem?

Also, does it only happen on certain sites? It's possible that it's caused by bad code.

Didn't add any themes that I know of, and it happens on all sites. Does not happen with Chrome or IE. Wonder if I should reinstall FF... Will I lose all my bookmarks?

I don't know what OS you're using, but I've heard of Macs getting rendering errors in FF because of font duplicates..that's the only other thing I can think of.

If you decide that you must reinstall your browser, make sure that you do not select the 'remove personal data' option while uninstalling or you'll lose your bookmarks, passwords, etc.

Also, you can check out this link and see if there's anything that may be of help:

Issues related to fonts - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

Semper, were you able to get your problem resolved?

Nope

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy III.

I tried chrome and IE and no pro lems. But i dont like the feel of those browsers.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy III.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom