Argument for bringing Dez-Bryant back again next year. (1 Viewer)

St4ever

Hall-of-Famer
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It’s sad that he had to take this injury at this point in his career. It really seemed like players in our locker room had taken a shine to him really fast also. It’s pretty much a given he will not be able to get any sizable contract coming off this injury and not playing for a whole year.

So here’s my thoughts. Den should sign a one year deal at vet min or whatever he can get to remain with the Saints. He has Okafor to help him bring his injury back to playing form who just completed the same rehab in record time and is playing really good.

We are very short on draft picks this year and bringing him back would give us another experienced WR who can also pass along his knowledge to our young guys.

This would be a great step in his career.

And lastly we might need his help for our SuperBowl repeat season!

Could be a good fit, will depend on how Meridith looks too i believe. Ginn will still be our burner but I see nothing wrong with having lots of depth to formation teams into submission

Of course they'll sign him back for next TC. It seems customary @ this point. U don't let a guy like that just walk out the door without seeing if he can return to form

Of course they'll sign him back for next TC. It seems customary @ this point. U don't let a guy like that just walk out the door without seeing if he can return to form

Very unlikely he will be ready for TC next year. It's not impossible, but unlikely.

Next year is a pretty decent year for free agent WR’s. I think it would all depend on not only our own guys development but who’s available. Guys like Cobb, Funchess, Benjamin, Fitzgerald, Moncrief, Tate, John Brown, Kearse might be available. He was on the team 2 days, let’s not put the cart before the horse.

Not to mention we’re going to be talking about a 31 year old WR coming off an Achilles injury less than a year prior. Not good odds to start.

I doubt if Bryant ever plays another down of professional football. The spirit is willing but the body is not.

Yea I was 50/50 on him anyways...after this I think we should pass..I feel bad for him..but I'd find someone else.

Richard Sherman tore his around the same time last year, was signed by the 49rs in March of the next year, and played in the first game of 2018. So it is possible that Bryant will be ready to play by preseason.

Once March rolls around, it's going to be interesting to see what happens after the season is over with him, Ginn, and Meredith. The 2 things Dez has going for him in NO is Coach loves him, and apparently it only took 2 days for the locker room to embrace him. Especially if Tre'Quan flourishes and Kirkwood surprises.

As I said before, I wasn't either hot or cold from the move.

I doubt if Bryant ever plays another down of professional football. The spirit is willing but the body is not.
And you have some magical insight into his Brady and conditioning.

It never ceases to amaze me of the haters on this site that simply says it’s not possible and he will never play a down just because they do not like someone. We already have two guys on our team starting that has returned from the same type of injury.

Between his injury and his ego, he may be done. This was his chance to prove to the league he is still worth the money and we were going to get the benefit of hosting that tryout for cheap. I’m sure he will be welcome to try out next year but I doubt he is ready by camp.

And you have some magical insight into his Brady and conditioning.

It never ceases to amaze me of the haters on this site that simply says it’s not possible and he will never play a down just because they do not like someone.

Rite n all they base their hate off of is his emotions during games n 2nd/3rd hand info. He ain't laid back like Colston, therefore he's a bad guy smh

Not sure we would sign him even if the injury hadn’t occurred.

He'll be monitored and considered, bet your tail on that. We'll see how his rehab goes and compare to other receivers on the market. You can be sure that if all is equal, he'll get the nod over other WR's out there.

I went on record just before the imminent signing by saying that I did not want the team to sign him for next year no matter how well he plays this year. The injury changes everything.

Next year, he's now still on a "prove-it" contract. On top of that, this man has been h-u-m-b-l-e-d over the past year by being released, having limited market interest relative to his resume and talent level, and now this career-threatening injury. His outlook and perspective next year will likely have evolved into the perfect recipe for a complementary player on this team: a guy who has sipped glory, has turned his focus towards the finer aspects of his craft (route-running) and will be thrilled just to be out on the field playing ball for a winning team.

I can't believe how much my perspective has changed on the guy since his post-release Twitter rant in the offseason. I have gone from hoping the Saints never touch him with a 10-foot pole, to being intrigued about his potential as a complementary player on a prove-it deal, to feeling like WR was a legitimate need due to Meredith's slow recovery, to now cheering for the guy to rehab his tail off and make a comeback in the black and gold next year. It's been eye-opening to me just how magnetic this guy is and how much our players and players around the league like him. Bottom line, he brings "juice" to the organization, the kind of juice that helps franchises become dominant brands. We need that kind of juice to stay relevant post-Brees.

Get well, Dez.

8 months from now would be next July. That's the earliest he could return to football according to something I read this week.

More factors at play than just his health. Will Drew still be here? Will we pick up other receivers in the draft or free agency? Will he want to return to football after 8 months of rehab, will Kirkwood and or smith and or meredith step up? Etc...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom