N/S Arians v. Brady: The plot thickens... (1 Viewer)

I said 8 months ago when the Bucs signed Brady that he was in for a rude awakening for three reasons.

1. The NFC South is NOT the AFC East.

2. He would be playing behind a suspect offensive line and he would feel pressure like no other time in his career.

3. Bruce Arians is NOT Bill Belichick.
Good call and preview you had there, renegadewa! đź‘Ś

NFC South is much more difficult than the East. I honestly was surprised that he would come to this division with Drew here. Personally if I wanted another good run at more SB's I would not come to a division with Drew Brees in it. I mean even in down years particularly on defense, you're not going to be easily sweeping a constant high powered offense year in and year out.

I bet he wanted to out shine Brees. But Brees is hurt and Brady is playing terrible.

Did no one pay attention to Arians calling out Jameis last year? Arians has never been shy about throwing his players under the bus because he's a legend in his own mind and is convinced his system is absolutely perfect and that the only flaw are players who aren't good enough. Like them or not, but Jameis has amazing arm talent and Brady is in the Top 5 QBs of all time and neither of them have been good enough to execute his perfect offense. Arians is the issue.

And Arians may be right that it's the players

Winston's arm with Brees' football intelligence may have been awesome in that system (That combination would kill in any system)

A younger Brady may have been great in the system

But if Arians won't change and tailor his system to the talent and strengths on his roster that's on him.

And that was Belichick's greatest strength, he not only changes to his own system he's a master at changing to exploit weaknesses in the opponent's system

And would anyone really be surprised if the Patriots get back to winning 11+ games starting next year?

Last edited:
So funny that people can call out Brady's mistakes but can't see the mistakes Taysom makes :smilielol:

I guess if he is not on your team, it's easy to point out, but while I don't care for Brady, he has proved himself to win games in the playoffs regardless of easy schedule. Do I think Brady is playing bad as of late and needs to retire? Yes.

What just makes all this funny is that Taysom hasn't played any better, yet people want to give Taysom more time while saying Brady is done. While Brady may not be perfect, he has been with a new team, new coaches, no preseason, etc while Taysom has been with us how many years? You can say starts, he wins with his feet,, etc, but when you can't make reads for throws, it's going to catch up. 1 int and 6 fumbles this year with Taysom. 4 of those fumbles in the last 3 games.

Anyway, back to Brady. Brady still has his team in playoff hunt and they still have time to fix things before the playoffs unless they find ways to lose. I'm hoping they lose so he doesn't have the opportunity to make any playoff run. They still have a talented team and honestly, I just want Brady to retire so Tampa can still be Tampa of old.
Ummm did you read this before posting. One is the annoited one. Proclaimed the goat without true analysis. The other just started his second game as a QB

I said 8 months ago when the Bucs signed Brady that he was in for a rude awakening for three reasons.

1. The NFC South is NOT the AFC East.

2. He would be playing behind a suspect offensive line and he would feel pressure like no other time in his career.

3. Bruce Arians is NOT Bill Belichick.
Amen. I’ve been posting similar thoughts over the same time frame. But all we heard over the summer was that the bucs were a lock for the SB. Great post

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom