N/S Arians v. Brady: The plot thickens... (1 Viewer)

I think it’s more to do with the AFC East being easy. Saints gave Brady his first time losing to a division rival twice in same season. In fairness Arians is a horrible coach

NFC South is much more difficult than the East. I honestly was surprised that he would come to this division with Drew here. Personally if I wanted another good run at more SB's I would not come to a division with Drew Brees in it. I mean even in down years particularly on defense, you're not going to be easily sweeping a constant high powered offense year in and year out.

Last edited:
Anyone that says Taysom had a bad game against ATL 2 weeks ago has zero credibility.... He literally completed 78% of his passes for 233 yards and ran for 49 yards and scored 2 TDs.... Brees' average for this season is 73% for 244 yards and 2 TDs scored per game.... Quite Literally, Taysom had an average Drew Brees game against ATL....

I am giving Taysom a pass on the Denver game... Well, because Sean said I should... He openly stated, that game was on him and not Taysom... and Sean has earned my trust and patience on that.

Anyone passing negative judgment on Taysom at this point.... made up their minds on him before he got a start 2 weeks ago, and can't be taken seriously.

I look forward to Taysom making them eat their pre-judgmental words this week.

See, you're already assuming I am comparing which I am not. I'm pointing out the FACT that people can easily point out Brady's fault, but not Taysom. No where in my statement did I compare them. This is why it's so funny!
Whether you are comparing the QBs or not, you are comparing people's reactions to them. For one, I don't know if Taysom can be a franchise QB, but I don't believe you can be sure of that after two games. He had only thrown 18 passes in NFL games in his career, along with not getting QB reps on a regular basis for 4 years. I don't even think you can compare Taysom to rookie QBs who just came out of college that are starting, because even they have had more reps as QB over the last several years than he has.

As for Tommy...i think it is a mixture of things. New team. New coach. No offseason. New system. Much stronger division competition. Etc. Etc.

I just wonder. If Drew had retired and Brady signed with the saints, how would his season had been.

I said 8 months ago when the Bucs signed Brady that he was in for a rude awakening for three reasons.

1. The NFC South is NOT the AFC East.

2. He would be playing behind a suspect offensive line and he would feel pressure like no other time in his career.

3. Bruce Arians is NOT Bill Belichick.

Did no one pay attention to Arians calling out Jameis last year? Arians has never been shy about throwing his players under the bus because he's a legend in his own mind and is convinced his system is absolutely perfect and that the only flaw are players who aren't good enough. Like them or not, but Jameis has amazing arm talent and Brady is in the Top 5 QBs of all time and neither of them have been good enough to execute his perfect offense. Arians is the issue.

This.

For decades, Brady has been the only real franchise QB in his division.

Now he's in a division with Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, and Teddy Bridgewater, all of whom are legit franchise QB. No more cherry schedules...
Yup no more playing Miami and Bufflao twice a year when they were woeful. Then there were the Jets....

Of course Tommy leaves the division just as Buffalo and Miami become relevant again.

I wouldn't call Taysom having 1 bad game. Both were not good to be honest if you take off the homer glasses. The reason we won 31-3 is really obvious, lol. The team had no QB. I was actually surprised they got 3 points, lol.

The problem is that your initial post attack other posters. It really isn't germane to the discussion. I have read criticism of Taysom from both games.

The problem with the Bucs is I do not think Arians is as good as people make him out to be. Brady came from one offensive system in which he played in for years to a new one and one that is not kind to QBs.

---

I wouldn't call Taysom having 1 bad game. Both were not good to be honest if you take off the homer glasses. The reason we won 31-3 is really obvious, lol. The team had no QB. I was actually surprised they got 3 points, lol.
Quit while you're not too far behind. Your first post was ridiculous and each one after is just making it worse.

If Tom doesn’t get confused by coverages then why is he throwing into situations he really shouldn’t? Even when those option routes are run correctly he throws into double coverage.

Quit while you're not too far behind. Your first post was ridiculous and each one after is just making it worse.
He is an obvious non-supporter of Taysom. Just search his posts. He cannot get enough bashing in, of Taysom. Go look at his gameday posts. He is absolutely consumed with bashing Hill every chance he gets. Even in posts unrelated to Hill.

So funny that people can call out Brady's mistakes but can't see the mistakes Taysom makes :smilielol:

I guess if he is not on your team, it's easy to point out, but while I don't care for Brady, he has proved himself to win games in the playoffs regardless of easy schedule. Do I think Brady is playing bad as of late and needs to retire? Yes.

What just makes all this funny is that Taysom hasn't played any better, yet people want to give Taysom more time while saying Brady is done. While Brady may not be perfect, he has been with a new team, new coaches, no preseason, etc while Taysom has been with us how many years? You can say starts, he wins with his feet,, etc, but when you can't make reads for throws, it's going to catch up. 1 int and 6 fumbles this year with Taysom. 4 of those fumbles in the last 3 games.

Anyway, back to Brady. Brady still has his team in playoff hunt and they still have time to fix things before the playoffs unless they find ways to lose. I'm hoping they lose so he doesn't have the opportunity to make any playoff run. They still have a talented team and honestly, I just want Brady to retire so Tampa can still be Tampa of old.
Why do you feel compelled, to interject Hill into this discussion? Simple question.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom