Armstead and KV!!! (1 Viewer)

TruSaint

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody else thought they looked like all pro's??

Armstead absolutely handled Mack, who is one of the best defensive players in the league, like it was nothing.

Not to mention KV looked like a mad man. I couldn't tell if he was a safety, cb, or linebacker. He looked like the best SS in the league yesterday.

Also, besides the obvious brees, cooks and snead, looking incredible, anyone notice how good Peat and Jahri looked? They were both dominant at times.

I havent seen the replay but it looked like KV got wiped out on the 75 yard TD run (one play after making a nice PBU on the sideline). Still feast or famine with him.

Saw a play where Josh Hill handled Mack too... but Mack spent a bit of time on Strief's side

Yes, we did have some outstanding performances yesterday despite the defensive meltdown. KV was the one guy on our D yesterday bringing the wood. He tackled with conviction and made several excellent plays. Armstead turned Mack into his plaything. And Brees and his trio of receivers were amazing.

I havent seen the replay but it looked like KV got wiped out on the 75 yard TD run (one play after making a nice PBU on the sideline). Still feast or famine with him.

He can't do everything himself. The main thing I saw on that run was jairus byrd out of position and diving for an attempted half *** arm tackle.

They both did real well and it is nice to see some young guys really playing at a high level. Too bad we don't have more! I will also note that I was very impressed with Peat at LG along side of Armstead. He was just nailing players in the run game with Unger.

I was super impressed with kv in coverage.

He can't do everything himself. The main thing I saw on that run was jairus byrd out of position and diving for an attempted half *** arm tackle.

Byrd is terrible.

Here is the link - KV gets knocked down by WR Seth Roberts and Byrd takes a bad angle.

Can't-Miss Play: Richard breaks free for 75-yard TD

Not trying to hate on KV, I like his energy, but this was a backbreaking play and he got washed out by a WR just handfighting him

There were 2 long runs and if you still frame the gameplay camera, you can see KV in position to make the play, with the exception 1) he was in a headlock in, and 2) the wr had his hands wrapped into the shoulder pads and deadweight drug KV to the ground... both should have been penalties to bring the play back, because both prevented KV from stopping those plays.... but yesterday's penalties, that is a whole 'nother thread...

Byrd is terrible.

Here is the link - KV gets knocked down by WR Seth Roberts and Byrd takes a bad angle.

Can't-Miss Play: Richard breaks free for 75-yard TD

Not trying to hate on KV, I like his energy, but this was a backbreaking play and he got washed out by a WR just handfighting him

If thats the worst play you can find, I think he had a good day. He wasn't handfighting him. He was holding him. KV did a good job of keeping him away from him to disengage when the play got close. Unfortunately, when he tries to disengage, the WR has hold of his shoulder pads, outside of the shoulders, so much so that when KV moves away, he drags him down.

If the WR doesn't hold, does he make the play? I don't know, but that play isn't feast or famine for KV. Couple holds, a bad angle by Byrd, and an explosive RB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom