Armstead for Odell , Would you ? (1 Viewer)

I think shipping him off to CLE was a humbling experience - that was supposed to be his NFL death sentence since they were coming off a 0-16 campaign when he was sent there.

His last "tantrum" (because if anyone else does it, it gets labeled as fiery) was because he was pulled out of a game that they were getting blown out in back in 2019ish...Lastly, I'll add that he hasn't had a chance to throw those tantrums because he's been hurt most of his time in CLE.

Edit: and Lastly-Lastly, if we don't do it, the Rams will
Humbling or not, the evidence shows the Browns offensive performance is better without OBJ.

Humbling or not, the evidence shows the Browns offensive performance is better without OBJ.

That’s correlation and only correlation. What’s the causation? How does a WR make a team worse? Is he dropping passes? Is he not getting YAC? Is he unproductive?

I think the Saints should go after Beckham if the Browns are willing to trade him. I don’t think Armstead is the way to make it happen, but I wouldn’t mind if they gave up a future pick for Beckham.

MT is no guarantee to be back to his normal self once he gets back and may take time to shake off the rust. Harris is hurt again and his body may not be up to playing many overall snaps and TQS gets hurt after just hearing a play call. The Saints actually need a receiver now.

I'd trade him for a standout DT. A young one.

Yeah because he and Thomas will get along great! Can you imagine? Thomas is enough of a problem. At least Thomas is a warrior who wants to be the best and is willing to do the work.

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves if we think he's going to come in after nearly two years on the injury and ball out right away.

Trading Armstead will be a sad day for the Black and Gold. Up there with Willie Roaf and Ricky Jackson. (And Sam Mills}

Yeah because he and Thomas will get along great! Can you imagine? Thomas is enough of a problem. At least Thomas is a warrior who wants to be the best and is willing to do the work.

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves if we think he's going to come in after nearly two years on the injury and ball out right away.

Trading Armstead will be a sad day for the Black and Gold. Up there with Willie Roaf and Ricky Jackson. (And Sam Mills}
There will be rust Im sure but it wasn’t like he was a burner before. He will be able to use that big body and shield out defenders.

There will be rust Im sure but it wasn’t like he was a burner before. He will be able to use that big body and shield out defenders.
Yeah but he's bound to be a little rusty and out of shape. He\ll definitely be an assett right out the gate but I think it will take a few weeks before he's 100%

That’s correlation and only correlation. What’s the causation? How does a WR make a team worse? Is he dropping passes? Is he not getting YAC? Is he unproductive?
When he is in the game, the offense has to operate through him because they know how he would react if it doesn't and that takes away from what they can do best which is spreading the wealth. I'm not a Browns stat junkie, but if you find one, they could spell out the causation by breaking down his targets in losses versus wins.

Armstead is a top shelf stud when healthy. Unfortunately he's only serviceable for 2/3 of the season. I like OBJ yet we should pass. OBJ more about OBJ than team. It's hard enough maintaining cohesiveness on a team but only harder with a ME ME look at ME mentality on the squad.

Armstead is a top shelf stud when healthy. Unfortunately he's only serviceable for 2/3 of the season. I like OBJ yet we should pass. OBJ more about OBJ than team. It's hard enough maintaining cohesiveness on a team but only harder with a ME ME look at ME mentality on the squad.
IDK I mean AB doesn't seem to be creating issues for TB. And AB is way more of a diva vs. OBJ.

To be clear, I don't think that we should trade Armstead for OBJ, but if there were a way to work out a deal outside of this, it may be worth considering depending on what's at stake.

When he is in the game, the offense has to operate through him because they know how he would react if it doesn't and that takes away from what they can do best which is spreading the wealth. I'm not a Browns stat junkie, but if you find one, they could spell out the causation by breaking down his targets in losses versus wins.
Teams target their own upper echelon WRs all the time. He's really good, supposedly so he gets more throws. I'm gonna need that stat junkie then. Because I heard the same arguments on Jimmy Graham and Michael Thomas. We were able to salvage and offense by spreading it around...but it's because we never had elite targets to throw to. The second we get one, we did...and because defense are also keying on that player too, if something bad happens, fans say "We're forcing him the ball! We're best when we spread it around!"

How weak of a locker room does Cleveland have if he's unhappy at not getting the ball thrown his way and it's making them lose? People said Terrell Owens did that and his team still got to the Super Bowl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom