Saints Armstead Injury article .. might clear up some board speculation (2 Viewers)

rodgepodge9

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Time is no longer on Saints’ LT Terron Armstead’s side. ‘If I can play, I’m playing’

By Luke Johnson, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

With the biggest game of the New Orleans Saints’ season looming, there was a welcome sight on the practice field Wednesday (Jan. 9).

Occupying his usual spot at the back of the offensive linemen’s stretch line was No. 72, high fiving teammates as they jogged past. Left tackle Terron Armstead was back with his teammates.

Now all that remains to be seen is if he will be out there Sunday (Jan. 13) afternoon against the Philadelphia Eagles and their fierce pass rush.

“That’s what I’m working toward, that’s the goal, that’s been the goal, trying to get to feeling as best as I possibly can to go out and do my job,” Armstead said. “If I can do that, if I feel like I can function and produce, I’ll play for sure.”

Continue reading ...

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

rodgepodge9

Practice Squad
Reaction score
To me, doesn't sound like he will play for sure, despite the limited practice. Sounds like they'll put him in and pull him if he can't play well, like in the PIT game.

I've seen the idea floated around here but I really wish they'd let him heal one more week until the NFCCG. I know it's not a guarantee to make it there, but it is the game (either Rams or Cowgirls) that he would be most needed/valuable.

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"Ultimately, he said it is not a matter of a decision that needs to be made about whether he will or will not play. It is about whether he is able.

'It’s not a choice,' Armstead said. 'If I can play, I’m playing.'”
I felt really good till I read that.

Domeination

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
To be honest, after watching how quickly he went out in the Steelers game, I didn't think he would be able to play meaningful snaps again this season. I just hope I'm completely wrong.

OP
OP

rodgepodge9

Practice Squad
Reaction score
To be honest, after watching how quickly he went out in the Steelers game, I didn't think he would be able to play meaningful snaps again this season. I just hope I'm completely wrong.
It's encouraging that they will try! That's all we can really ask at this point.

CHI-TOWNSAINT

More than 15K posts served!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like he’s going to be hurt and will fight through the pain until he feels like he’s not helping the team.

Hope Bushrod is 100%

whodatsaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
He’s obviously not ready. If we use him Sunday we are likely to lose him for the rest of the playoffs/SB. We will have to be able to win without him.

Last edited:

Brown

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Has it been determined that he has a tear?

If so, I think it comes down to pain management and strength. If he loses strength but can endure the pain, he’s not helping. If he’s got strength but cannot endure the pain, he’s not helping.

If it’s only a strain, he should be okay with a sling.

saintmdterps

Hot metal and methedrine
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hoping for the best with Armstead, but damn, that's a nagging injury

Saintford

Very Banned
Reaction score
What if they rotated Bushrod & Armstead? I know it's not ideal. But we really can't afford to not have our best players out there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)