Saints Armstead Injury article .. might clear up some board speculation (1 Viewer)

What if they rotated Bushrod & Armstead? I know it's not ideal. But we really can't afford to not have our best players out there.

I wish like some others have said that we could rest him this week. I know though that is not feasible. Bushrod and the rest of the line will hopefully be good, as they’ve all been dealing with significant injuries. In my opinion we can lose TA and still win it all, if no one else on the O line misses time.

Who's a better Lt Tackle, Bushrod or Peat?
Wasn't Bushrod starting at guard the last two seasons before signing with us?

Can we have Kelemete back please?

Who's a better Lt Tackle, Bushrod or Peat?
Wasn't Bushrod starting at guard the last two seasons before signing with us?

Can we have Kelemete back please?

I miss Senio too.
On this note though, didn’t Tom come in and play well at guard this year? I may be misremembering.
If they are healthy I’d prefer Jermon at LT and Andrus at his usual spot. For continuity. (Obviously if TA can go that’s a no brainer)

Wonder how healthy Bushrod is and if that plays a role
The TV sports news report is that he is still nursing that hamstring injury. Ramczyk still has a bum shoulder, and Peat is still dealing with his hand/wrist pain. Warford is dealing with a knee as well. The only starter that is Full right now is Unger.

When they gave that report, my heart sank. Yes, we needed that week off to rest up, but the news still isnt great for our O-line. I'm not happy right now. :mecry:

The TV sports news report is that he is still nursing that hamstring injury. Ramczyk still has a bum shoulder, and Peat is still dealing with his hand/wrist pain. Warford is dealing with a knee as well. The only starter that is Full right now is Unger.

When they gave that report, my heart sank. Yes, we needed that week off to rest up, but the news still isnt great for our O-line. I'm not happy right now. :mecry:

Well reading that just plain sucked. Not your fault as you’re just the bearer of the news. Just the worst time for our guys to be hurting. All except Max being injured to some significant degree flat out sucks. As it would truly be the only reason imo that we may not be able to win it all this year.
Grrrrrrrrrr.

Well reading that just plain sucked. Not your fault as you’re just the bearer of the news. Just the worst time for our guys to be hurting. All except Max being injured to some significant degree flat out sucks. As it would truly be the only reason imo that we may not be able to win it all this year.
Grrrrrrrrrr.
I really hoped that most of those nagging injuries was behind our starters. While I didn't really put too much stock in Armstead being ready to go, I didn't know all the other injuries were as bad. Hopefully 3 more days will show significant progress in the health of our starters.

Armstead is a full grown man. He is not going to let pain stop him from what may be his last chance at a Lombardi. There are no future guarantees so as long as he has range of motion I doubt seriously pain is going to stop him.

I really hoped that most of those nagging injuries was behind our starters. While I didn't really put too much stock in Armstead being ready to go, I didn't know all the other injuries were as bad. Hopefully 3 more days will show significant progress in the health of our starters.

I knew they were, but I very much hoped all but TA would be as healthy as they could be, meaning full go with minor dings that would be expected at this time of year. Still hoping for a miracle.

Armstead is a full grown man. He is not going to let pain stop him from what may be his last chance at a Lombardi. There are no future guarantees so as long as he has range of motion I doubt seriously pain is going to stop him.

Agreed sounds, but I fear that he won’t have range of motion as they say that injury is just terrible.

I just don't see how much healthier he can get if we were to rest him another week. It sounds like he needs an off-season to heal.

Wouldn't mind him being active but for backup purposes only. The most intimidating D-line will come after this in the NFCCG. Not overly worried about Eagles or any AFC D-line
Fletcher Cox... Michael Bennett... Brandon Graham... Haloti Ngata... Chris Long... just sayin

I just don't see how much healthier he can get if we were to rest him another week. It sounds like he needs an off-season to heal.

Unfortunately Chris I agree. With all I’ve read it’s an injury that requires a long time to heal. (Torn pec)
He’s a warrior and giving all he can, poor guy is just snakebit. I really believe had he been healthy for most of his career he has hall of fame talent. He’s elite when healthy.
Imo.

Pain is not just mind over matter in this case. Unless the pain can be numbed enough to allow the range of motion he needs to do his job, there may not be anything he can do no matter what his heart wants to do for his team. I'm sure he's not happy either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom