Saints Armstead Injury article .. might clear up some board speculation (1 Viewer)

Well, LP is better than DNP so I guess that's something. We will just have to wait and see what happens closer to game day.
You are so right. But even if these guys are ready to go on Sunday, they need to remain in good shape because we intend to be playing the following week. It's critical for every player to be at the top of his game all the way through Atlanta 53.

Did we ever get what grade level on the tear/sprain Armstead's injury was? Its not a grade 3 because that would have landed him on IR and surgery. How long did they immobilize the arm in a sling? He tried coming back after 4 weeks so I am guessing a grade 1 or low grade 2.

I really hoped that most of those nagging injuries was behind our starters. While I didn't really put too much stock in Armstead being ready to go, I didn't know all the other injuries were as bad. Hopefully 3 more days will show significant progress in the health of our starters.
A week off isn't going to do a ton for their health, and neither will three more days. That said I'm sure most if not all will practice fully on Friday. These guys won't be healthy until well into the offseason.

Has it been determined that he has a tear?

If so, I think it comes down to pain management and strength. If he loses strength but can endure the pain, he’s not helping. If he’s got strength but cannot endure the pain, he’s not helping.

If it’s only a strain, he should be okay with a sling.

I've read pectoral injury.. out for 3-4 weeks, and that was in Nov. If it's a pectoral tear then it is not good.

Really wish he was healthy for this playoff run. I just don't think he will be playing this weekend. Sucks cuz this offense runs very well with him in the line up. I hope at least Bushrod is a go on Sunday.

Really wish he was healthy for this playoff run. I just don't think he will be playing this weekend. Sucks cuz this offense runs very well with him in the line up. I hope at least Bushrod is a go on Sunday.
Doug Mouton of WWL TV Sports said that Bushrod will "likely" be ready to play, but that Armstead will be "less than 50/50 that he can go". Then he mentioned that if Bushrod was not able to be effective at LT, Payton may have to "shuffle the offensive line". Since he did not reference a source for his statements, I got the feeling that this was a common belief or consensus among the reporters. Watching the short interview they had with Armstead in the locker room I can personally say that he didn't exude a lot of confidence that he could play to a level that he could be effective at the LT position. And that's really what bummed me out. :meh-1:

I'd be very surprised if Armstead doesn't play. His roster spot is too valuable at this point for it not to be used on an active commodity. The issue he dealt with in the Steelers game was discomfort associated with really pushing that range of motion in a couple of instances. It'll be 3 weeks since that game which has consisted of additional non-stop rehab. They'll make additional adjustments to his gear as well to help further control the extension of that arm/pec.

Armstead will start and play... that was never a question IMO.... the question is... how long, and can he be effective when he does play?

The guy has the heart of a warrior... but it's not about his heart at this point... it's the rest of his body we can't count on.

This article does nothing to clear up anything BTW....we all know there is a possibility he will play, we all now it is uncertain how effective he will play if he does play...

My wish - the whole offensive line has been fainting injury so they can get legally prescribed steroids injected prior to the playoffs.

So do you go with Armstead at maybe 60-70% or Bushrod at 90%?

So do you go with Armstead at maybe 60-70% or Bushrod at 90%?
My guess is that you start with a '90% Bushrod'. If he is getting beat like a rented mule, he either needs some blocking help or the coach may have to see what Armstead can do. But that may be a gametime decision based on what TA is able to do in pregame warmups.
There's no solid answer to your question right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom