Saints Armstead Injury article .. might clear up some board speculation (1 Viewer)

The biggest quote for me is that he "feels a lot better". Great news, because he wasn't quite ready vs the Steelers. He might just be able to play the full game. I hope.

Has it been determined that he has a tear?

If so, I think it comes down to pain management and strength. If he loses strength but can endure the pain, he’s not helping. If he’s got strength but cannot endure the pain, he’s not helping.

If it’s only a strain, he should be okay with a sling.

A strain is also a soft tissue tear. The muscle is stretched too far and a tear happens. It's about grade of the strain/tear.

I'd be very surprised if Armstead doesn't play. His roster spot is too valuable at this point for it not to be used on an active commodity. The issue he dealt with in the Steelers game was discomfort associated with really pushing that range of motion in a couple of instances. It'll be 3 weeks since that game which has consisted of additional non-stop rehab. They'll make additional adjustments to his gear as well to help further control the extension of that arm/pec.
I was thinking along that line, as well. I can’t imagine them going into the playoffs with TA taking up a roster spot if there wasn’t a reasonable expectation that he could play and be effective, especially with Bushrod being dinged. That’s what I’m telling myself, anyway, to calm my anxiety.

I was thinking along that line, as well. I can’t imagine them going into the playoffs with TA taking up a roster spot if there wasn’t a reasonable expectation that he could play and be effective, especially with Bushrod being dinged. That’s what I’m telling myself, anyway, to calm my anxiety.

Yep. They would have tried out 10 or 11 free agents after the Steeler game. Don't be surprised if Armstead sprints out of the tunnel carrying a baseball bat.

If he can’t play, then put Peat at LT. He is our best option there.

I posted this in the other thread and I’m sure both of them will get merged but I’m getting word that Armstead did not re-injure the pectoral muscle when he played. He simply didn’t like the way he felt and the shoulder /chest wasn’t functioning as well as he hoped. He’s looking to start this week and I think he will. Bushrod is actually further along than what has been reported and is capable of backing up if needed. Take it for what it’s worth.

With this type of injury Sean is going to have to mother hen him through out the game. I think he will play but if it starts getting sore he needs to be pulled and saved for the next game and hope we can win without him no telling how banged up Bushrod is. Don't be surprised if you see a lot of shuffling with Tom in there too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom