Armstead out 3-4 weeks with Pectoral Injury (1 Viewer)

Don't be shocked if they move Peat to LT and Tom to LG...Though I think Bushrod will get at least a chance at LT, hopefully he does well....

Bushrod May be older and slower, but he knows how to play. A Te to help is all he needs. Besides Philadelphia, along with most of the next few opponents have suspect CBs. This allows Brees to get rid of the ball that much quicker and won’t have to hold it as long. While taking a TE out of the passing game to block or chop isn’t ideal, it will work

Don't be shocked if they move Peat to LT and Tom to LG...Though I think Bushrod will get at least a chance at LT, hopefully he does well....
was thinking same thing but on the Rev/EJW pod, EJW said the saints wanted line consistency this year and Bushrod has only taken snaps at LT in the offseason for this reason
he expected Bushrod (AND PEAT) to stay in place

Can we move Ram
was thinking same thing but on the Rev/EJW pod, EJW said the saints wanted line consistency this year and Bushrod has only taken snaps at LT in the offseason for this reason
he expected Bushrod (AND PEAT) to stay in place
I was about to post the same. However, I would feel more comfortable if Bushrod and Ramczyk switched sides. Bushrod guarding Drew's blindside makes me nervous.

Eagles, Falcons, Cowboys, Bucs. We can easily survive without Armstead during that stretch.

I wouldn't go that far. While we should be favored in all of those games you don't lose a player of that caliber and not miss him. Often times even the most mismatched teams can win or lose due to a play or two.

Can we move Ram

I was about to post the same. However, I would feel more comfortable if Bushrod and Ramczyk switched sides. Bushrod guarding Drew's blindside makes me nervous.
Most of the premiere pass rushers are on rams side so why would we move him?

Can we move Ram

You guys are in the right chapter just not on the correct page.
We need to not move Ram, but find a way to replicate him.

Or get Strief to unretire for this run, if we were to move Ram.

I kid. ?

You guys are in the right chapter just not on the correct page.
We need to not move Ram, but find a way to replicate him.

Or get Strief to unretire for this run, if we were to move Ram.

I kid. ?
If we moved ram wed then have to worry about the left and right side atleast with him staying on the right we don't have to worry and can just chip and do whatever on the left if Bushrod struggles

If we moved ram wed then have to worry about the left and right side atleast with him staying on the right we don't have to worry and can just chip and do whatever on the left if Bushrod struggles

Agreed. I was being facetious. I don’t want Ram moved.

Peat is a guard. Peat is a guard. His value is at guard.

Look, I know Peat is tall. But he's built like a guard. He has the lower body of a guard. He plays like a guard. He plays best at guard. Leave him where he belongs. Moving him weakens two positions.

Last edited:

Look, I know Peat is tall. But he's built like a guard. He has the lower body of a guard. He plays like a guard. He plays best at guard. Leave him where he belongs. Moving him weakens to positions.

I think Peat is more versatile than you think. But I only advocate moving him (and inserting Tom in at LG) if it is rather obvious Bushrod is struggling...

So, Bushrod hasn't struggled yet . . . Let's at least give the guy a shot. I think Bushrod will hold up for the 3 - 4 games. Coach with scheme help, you know like Ingram flippin' dudes, and quick passes. We have had other players go down before and Coach did his thing.

Look, I know Peat is tall. But he's built like a guard. He has the lower body of a guard. He plays like a guard. He plays best at guard. Leave him where he belongs. Moving him weakens to positions.

Peat's best value to the team is at left guard, no doubt, considering that we have Terron Armstead (most of the time) and he has been tried at RT and RG extensively with little success. However, he is as much a LT playing really well at LG as the reverse, and he has demonstrated as much when called upon to slide out in TA's absence. The likely difference in approach to filling in for TA between this year and last year has little to do with Peat and has nearly everything to do with the backups being inserted into the lineup. Kelemete was much better suited to playing guard than tackle, while Bushrod has spent much of his career at tackle rather than guard. But you can bet your biscuits that if Bushrod struggles at LT, Peat will slide out as he has done in the past, and he will play well there because he is a natural LT.

Yes, the difference is indeed that Kelemete is primarily a guard, whereas Bushrod is primarily a tackle. So, the situation is different this year. The other factor is Cameron Tom, who filled for Peat and is a guard/center. I like the depth and versatility. We could go with Bushrod and Peat on the left side, or Bushrod and Tom, or Peat and Bushrod, or even the worst case scenario Peat and Tom. It seems as though it will be Bushrod and Peat, at least to start with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom