Armstead shuts down Mack (1 Viewer)

Not clutter, buddy. That’s awesome. I’m always in favor of adding to the OL early in the draft, so these types of clips are my favorite. It’s not a coincidence that we’re kicking serious arse this year after investing heavily in both lines in the draft. Well done, scouting!

Thanks for that. Young OL should look at this to learn what ownage is.

eta, was very impressed with the patience of Taysom on that run. He slowed down to let the blocking develop and maximize yardage.

No doubt one of the best if not the best o line in the league when everyone is healthy. And I’d say arguably the best when they are clicking on all cylinders and playing in unison. They are a beauty to watch.

Armstead to me is the premier LT in the league with his strength and athleticism. I know he really wants to play a entire season. Fingers crossed this is the year. How many guys can go up against Mack one on one and stonewall him on most occasions? Armstead Is rare.

I can't wait until Baldinger gets his hands on the game video. He's gonna have a field day with his analyzing. :9:

I can’t get enough of stuff like this. Sorry for cluttering the board with another thread, LOL. But it’s great.

Man, the 3rd to last play in that video (starts at about 21 seconds). Mack puts just an absolutely nasty move on Armstead where he fakes outside then puts a hard inside swim move on. 99% of the time against almost any OT in the league, that's a sack. And Armstead still recovered to stop it. I've watched it 3 times and I'm still not sure how.

ETA it still was a sack. But not by Mack (lol). Peat got beat 1v1 and his guy got to Teddy. Mack was blocked out of the play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom