Armstead's Covid appears to be symptomatic (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is based on his tweet - and it's just two emojis, but it appears to be a reasonable conclusion.

It's important for two reasons: (1) Prayers to the big guy, hopefully it will pass soon, and (2) the NFL policy on symptomatic Covid cases is that the player becomes ineligible for at least 10 days, and they cannot return until they have been symptom-free for at least 72 hours.

Based on Armstead's positive test and symptoms (presuming he has them), he is likely to miss this week's game and perhaps next.

Didn't he just say yesterday (or day before) that he had no symptoms? Guess the positive result came before the symptoms.

This is based on his tweet - and it's just two emojis, but it appears to be a reasonable conclusion.

It's important for two reasons: (1) Prayers to the big guy, hopefully it will pass soon, and (2) the NFL policy on symptomatic Covid cases is that the player becomes ineligible for at least 10 days, and they cannot return until they have been symptom-free for at least 72 hours.

Based on Armstead's positive test and symptoms (presuming he has them), he is likely to miss this week's game and perhaps next.

interesting is the AND - so not only 10 days but NO lingering effects for 3 days after.

Considering many deal with no smell, taste or headaches for a good 2-3 weeks after onset, could be a long December. Hoping his case is mild in nature and no adverse side-effects.

Didn't he just say yesterday (or day before) that he had no symptoms? Guess the positive result came before the symptoms.

Yeah, a person can accumulate enough virus to test positive before onset of symptoms. Apparently not all viral illness is like that, but this one is.

interesting is the AND - so not only 10 days but NO lingering effects for 3 days after.

Considering many deal with no smell, taste or headaches for a good 2-3 weeks after onset, could be a long December. Hoping his case is mild in nature and no adverse side-effects.

I'm not sure if lingering loss of smell is considered a disqualifying symptom by the NFL. I suspect it's largely based on fever and respiratory condition (or any other condition that would suggest a need for medical monitoring).

Most of the people I know who have had Covid found out prior to symptoms due to testing requirements for things like work and travel. A co-worker of mine tested positive and assumed he had an asymptomatic case for a couple days and then BAM he was in a bad way for about 8 days.

He still can't taste or smell after 3 months and still has lingering fatigue issues. Also, this was not a world class athlete, but he is generally healthy and an avid runner.

It's different for everybody, I guess.

*I edited

Last edited:
I'm not sure if lingering loss of smell is considered a disqualifying symptom by the NFL. I suspect it's largely based on fever and respiratory condition (or any other condition that would suggest a need for medical monitoring).

hmmm well that would be good news if so

Foreclosure: The following post is probably really stupid because every case is different and no one knows about COVID-19 enough to give serious analysis except media experts

I can see Armstead's case being similar to Emmanuel's. I never expected Armstead for this Sunday. My hope was/is he'll get better as this week progresses and be ready to return to the facility next Wednesday as we prep for Philly. Just like Emmanuel missed two weeks then came back fresh and good to go.

I'm praying he is able to defeat the disease seamlessly and how awesome would it be if we win this Sunday and basically get a fresh Armstead for the stretch run while still being on a winning streak. Also praying no one else on our team catches this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom