Army NCO Saves Mans Life with a Saints Hoodie and a Ball Point Pen (1 Viewer)

latechsaint26

Season Ticket Holder
Reaction score
https://www.armytimes.com/news/your...utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Socialflow+ARM

Sgt. Trey Troney was making his way home to Raleigh, Mississippi, from Fort Bliss, Texas, for a holiday break when he happened upon a crashed truck on the side of the highway in Sweetwater, according to a Wednesday release from the Army.
He found Jeff Udger slumped over the steering wheel, so with two other men who had also stopped to help, he pried the driver’s door open. Then the 20-year-old noncommissioned officer got to work.
“I was in a pair of jogging pants and a T-shirt on the side of a highway, and somebody’s life depended on me slightly knowing a little bit [about emergency medical care],” Troney said in the release. “It wasn’t anything crazy [that I knew], but to [Udger], it was his world.”

What a stud.

Mr Troney, the world needs more people like you. Also, the man he saved should be respected also. Not only did he do everything to publicly thank Mr Troney, but even offered to buy him a new sweatshirt.

If someone can forward this to the team, and it reaches Payton, I suspect that Sgt. Troney will be receiving a new Saints hoodie and playoff tickets if he can make it from Sweetwater.

Great story... He's stationed at Ft. Bliss, TX that's in El Paso, my daughter is also stationed there. Its a 12hr drive from there to Ruston. This guy deserves a new hoodie plus some tickets. But knowing soldiers he's not going to want anything or any type of recognition.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your...utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Socialflow+ARM

Sgt. Trey Troney was making his way home to Raleigh, Mississippi, from Fort Bliss, Texas, for a holiday break when he happened upon a crashed truck on the side of the highway in Sweetwater, according to a Wednesday release from the Army.
He found Jeff Udger slumped over the steering wheel, so with two other men who had also stopped to help, he pried the driver’s door open. Then the 20-year-old noncommissioned officer got to work.
“I was in a pair of jogging pants and a T-shirt on the side of a highway, and somebody’s life depended on me slightly knowing a little bit [about emergency medical care],” Troney said in the release. “It wasn’t anything crazy [that I knew], but to [Udger], it was his world.”

What a stud.
All soldiers are trained in Combat Life Support and this is obviously one soldier who paid close attention. A decompression is not nearly as easy as it looks on TV and I'm not surprised he ran into issues. You almost always will run into an issue doing this procedure.

Awesome job improvising and making an already difficult procedure work.

Hooah.

I saw on reddit that Deuce forwarded this to the team, but if anyone else (Andrus?) has any contacts, couldn't hurt to have it coming from more than one person.

All soldiers are trained in Combat Life Support and this is obviously one soldier who paid close attention. A decompression is not nearly as easy as it looks on TV and I'm not surprised he ran into issues. You almost always will run into an issue doing this procedure.

Awesome job improvising and making an already difficult procedure work.

Hooah.
Most units will do like a 50% of their Soldiers every 2 years for a Combat Lifesaver course, and most don't go all out for those unless it's before deployment. They may have done a lot at NTC, but this kid just looks like he's probably been training for an EIB or Solider of the Year board or something and has been putting in extra work.

He's a 20 year old E-5 that hasn't deployed. I think he'll do great things for the Army.

Most units will do like a 50% of their Soldiers every 2 years for a Combat Lifesaver course, and most don't go all out for those unless it's before deployment. They may have done a lot at NTC, but this kid just looks like he's probably been training for an EIB or Solider of the Year board or something and has been putting in extra work.

He's a 20 year old E-5 that hasn't deployed. I think he'll do great things for the Army.
When I went through, all soldiers did CLS in BCT at least. I ended up having it three times in my first four years alone.

someone needs to teach that guy to drive, he's been in the same accident like 3 times!

just kidding. ;)

When I went through, all soldiers did CLS in BCT at least. I ended up having it three times in my first four years alone.

They really should. There’s a lot more training that’s being crammed into garrison Soldiers, longer schools, and right now, a ton of training center rotations.

You’ve got a lot of the week devoted to maintaining equipment, inventories, all of the in garrison courses, and PT.

Just not a lot of room for commanders to get quality training anymore until it’s time to go anywhere.

I think a lot of that is changing though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom