Around the NBA 2022-23 (1 Viewer)

I'm very happy and confident in them ,i've seen guys saying this finals will be bad for ratings because Denver will be in it :ROFLMAO:
I strongly disagree .

I have been getting txts and messages from people I haven’t spoken to in years. People just yelling “we did it!!!”

It’s like the freaking moon landing

On another note- Ratings. Don’t care.

I don’t care if I am the only person in the world to watch on tv.

Ratings systems are antiquated anyways. With the amount of people who stream (like me) and do not use traditional tv is a large number.

Plus I have heard the opposite- I have heard casuals say they are going to watch because it is somebody different and the officiating should be fair.

Anybody who doesn't want to watch Jokic and Murray in the Finals are idiots.

As a Laker fan, congrats to you @CoolBrees and any other Nuggets fans. It is thrilling to watch Denver make it to the Finals. I hope Alex English and Fat Lever are out there with a big smile.

Anybody who doesn't want to watch Jokic and Murray in the Finals are idiots.

As a Laker fan, congrats to you @CoolBrees and any other Nuggets fans. It is thrilling to watch Denver make it to the Finals. I hope Alex English and Fat Lever are out there with a big smile.

Thank you sir. You are a scholar and a gentlemen. And truth be told, I don’t hate the Lakers. I mean, I root against them every time they play but I respect the hell out of that organization. They have earned their place through being championship relevant for like 60 years, unlike say the Patriots who are a media creation.

Magic is my all time favorite player too. Oddly, enough Magic is the closest comparison I can find for Jokic.

————-

How crazy is it that Jamal Murray averaged 32.5 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists on 52% shooting and didn’t win the MVP - and he didn’t get ripped off by the “name” player (Poor Joseph Addai). He had an ear infection for games 2&3. Best quote: “what kinda grown arse man gets an ear infection? Don’t those stop at like 5 years old?” - coach Malone

Jokic’s WCF numbers - 27.8 points 14.5(!) rebounds and 11.4 assists on 50% shooting. 8 triple doubles in a single playoff (breaking Wilt’s record - and he still has a finals to put it out of reach) and three out of four against the Lakers. He was sick in the 1 game he didn’t have a TD btw.

Per the homer board, He flew back to Sombor, Serbia this morning to be with his horses since he has an extended break. Totally normal NBA superstar behavior.

I can't think of anyone Jokic compares to. He's unique. I think he has qualities of Larry Bird moreso than Magic, if only because he presents as an unathletic white guy, yet he dominates at will.

As for Murray, I fell in love with him in the bubble.

I can't think of anyone Jokic compares to. He's unique. I think he has qualities of Larry Bird moreso than Magic, if only because he presents as an unathletic white guy, yet he dominates at will.

As for Murray, I fell in love with him in the bubble.
Yeah, I know my Magic comparison isn’t a great fit. It’s just the best I can do with how he dominates. He is an oversized point guard; the first of their kind. Both aren’t the most athletically gifted of their era. But both dominated by having incredible court vision and intellectual mastery of the game in real time. Both dissected you and exploited you with the weakness in whatever you tried to do. They figured out how to dominate each night.

Both figured out defenses so completely they can force even great defenses to collapse. Not in the way Murray or Kobe(RIP) could - where they just light you up and no individual defender could stop them. More like they figure out your team’s Achilles heel and exploit it (no matter who the matchup is or what role that makes them play).

AD worked his arse off and was completely dominated. Hachimura got him for like a quarter and he was figured out. Even could foul trouble couldn’t stop him.

I do t have Twitter so I have to take a screenshot. @texasjefe this is for you -

1684864473409.png

That's actually the 2nd series Murray has done that in. He had a 55.0/53.3/92.0 series averaging 31.6 points vs Utah in 2020

larry-david-seinfeld.gif

I like to point out that this is his first playoff since the Bubble. So Denver played in the two last WCF where he was available, winning won of them. I don’t think you can make an argument any more that he wouldn’t have mattered in those playoffs.

One last reminder that not ONE Nugget besides Jokic (5th) made ESPN’s top 30 players in the playoffs.

And this is for you Pels fans-

Murray last year sat out the whole year. At the end of March he cleared by doctors to play. He warmed up every game - doing some quick cuts and shooting; looking good. But he never played.

He kept saying he wouldn’t play until his mind was right. Fans were not happy. He sat out the whole Playoffs (what there was of them) and Denver went out quietly in the first round and Jokic got killed in the media for not being able to win.

Fast forward to today is it is clear why he didn’t want to play because his confidence wasn’t right. He needed to be able to just play and not think. He knew he wouldn’t be effective and was risking further injury.

Here’s hoping Zion is repeating this same analogy next year (with you guys losing to Denver in the WCF of course)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom