Around the NBA 2022-23 (1 Viewer)

I just want to take a moment and mention how much better the TNT crew is than pretty much every other crew in all of sports and media, imo.

The in game with Kevin Harlan is great, but the halftime post game show is just the best. I could watch those four talk for hours about anything. And Ernie Johnson is the perfect straight man to those three.

Kenny Smith is the role player on set he was with the Rockets. Dude knows his roll and knows the importance of roll players. The two stars are just the best. Chuck is so engaging for a curmudgeon (I wish he would run for office in Alabama). When him and Shaq start in on each other I just laugh.

And they aren’t afraid to call out players for not playing well. They will use the word “suck” to describe someone. They also talked really bad about the League and owners during the last negotiations. Imagine ESPN saying that on the NFL shows.

I don’t think I have been as excited for a basketball game that didn’t include the Nuggets, Purdue or Team USA as I am for Game 6 of the ECF.

Jimmy giving the GuaranSheed! I love it!

But as I said earlier, this is Game 7 for the Heat. If they lose they might as well just stay in Miami. Oh later tonight they will say that they can still win, it isn’t over, they won three straight too, they won two in Boston etc.

But they will know it’s over.

Every talking head is already saying if they get there they will beat Denver. Like the Lakers and Suns were going to. But as Boston can certainly win the Finals if they are in it (duh), they will have homecourt as their only real advantage imo. And they might not have it very long.

Just to play in the Finals, on top of playing every other night, this would be Boston’s second straight 7 game series, and their first round went 6. That is 20 games. Denver has played 15 and won’t have played in 9 days - too much rest is our concern.

So, playing 5 more games - including three this week- and only 2 days off before- the whole media world talking only about the Celtics giving Mike Malone back the no respect card, and Game 1 is ripe for being stolen.
Denver gets up 0-2 on them like the Heat did and they are getting swept, let alone forcing game 7. Boston isn’t winning in Denver.

But since every talking head is now sure the C’s are going to win in 7, the Heat will win tonight.
I think you could make a fortune just picking the opposite of whoever the ESPN NBA analysts say will win any game or series. Seriously, they missed every opening series that the underdog won. Meaning they just picked the favorite. The Worldwide Leader Ladies and Gentlemen!!!

You have to box out young man. White inbounded the ball, and nobody looked at him again. They were .1 away from the Finals.

How does a Spolestra led team let two guys get to the rim unchecked - Tatum was right there but would not have been able to make a play on the ball but was still at the rim. You come up with even a partial rebound and it’s over.

They will have a long time to think about it. That is two ECF in a row they are gonna lose. They were up 3-2 last year. That’s 0-5 in close out games against the Celtics. About to be 0-6. Brutal. I wouldn’t even call this a choke. They have played about as well as they can.

I would love for Jimmy to go ham in Game 7. They”ll most likely get blown out unfortunately.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom