Arrest Warrant Issued for OBJ After He Spanks Cop (1 Viewer)

I disagree that it's an overreaction to wish he hadn't pulled the cash stunt that the university now has to address, involved himself in a situation that has resulted in a warrant for his arrest, forced his way into a spotlight that wasn't his, and created controversy where there didn't need to be any. It's not an overreaction to call bad behavior what it is. I don't wish ill for him, just think it sucks that he imposed himself in this way.
Nobody will care about this next week. That's how I know it's an overreaction. The overreactors will move on to their new really important news of the day. The cycle continues

Nobody will care about this next week. That's how I know it's an overreaction. The overreactors will move on to their new really important news of the day. The cycle continues

I agree about the relative importance and have said as much. But a lot of important things are soon forgotten, as it is with a fast moving news cycle.

OBJ didn’t do LSU any favors with his behavior Monday and I think that’s worth commenting on.

It must suck to be this guy doing his job, and just being a person.

On the one hand he is getting crapped on because he said he showed restraint by not punching OBJ, and people are mocking him for being a officer who showed restraint.

On the other the guy didn’t ask to be slapped on the butt, so he filed a report and people are crapping on him for doing that.

What is the lesson here when people someone does something to you that you don’t like? Shut up, and just take it?

It must suck to be this guy doing his job, and just being a person.

On the one hand he is getting crapped on because he said he showed restraint by not punching OBJ, and people are mocking him for being a officer who showed restraint.

On the other the guy didn’t ask to be slapped on the butt, so he filed a report and people are crapping on him for doing that.

What is the lesson here when people someone does something to you that you don’t like? Shut up, and just take it?

If he had punched OBJ and walked away nobody would have had a problem with it.

Punching another guy for slapping your butt is an appropriate reaction. Being a titty baby and calling the judge to press charges is not.

If he had punched OBJ and walked away nobody would have had a problem with it.

Punching another guy for slapping your butt is an appropriate reaction. Being a titty baby and calling the judge to press charges is not.
If he had punched OBJ the narrative would have been “Officer punches football player” followed by an article about “Even if you have money your still not going to get respect from the police.” That’s not my imagination, that’s recent history.

Anyone else hear the rumor that OBJ actually even interrupted Coach O. when he was giving his post-game speech to the team? If so, he's got some serious "look at me" issues (well, that's true even if this rumor isn't).

Talk radio in Austin cited several other instances that night where OBJ was acting idiotic. One that I recall said he grabbed the bullhorn that the band uses and was barking orders out to the band. The band leader tried to get it away from him. They also said he appeared to be on something.

If he had punched OBJ the narrative would have been “Officer punches football player” followed by an article about “Even if you have money your still not going to get respect from the police.” That’s not my imagination, that’s recent history.

Not when OBJ slapped his arse first. I think even the most ardent "cop skeptics" would see that as totally justified. Someone slaps you like that, you punch them, and it's over and settled.

Sleeping on it then deciding to press charges is passive-aggressive chump-ery.

Not when OBJ slapped his arse first. I think even the most ardent "cop skeptics" would see that as totally justified. Someone slaps you like that, you punch them, and it's over and settled.

I feel like I’ve seen plenty of video of people being belligerent towards police offers, to have the officer finally take them down and cuff them. The narrative is rarely “that person got what they deserved.” Must of the time it is “police brutality.”
Just look at this thread. How many people are taking the side of “well... the cop (security guard) was being a party pooper.”

I feel like I’ve seen plenty of video of people being belligerent towards police offers, to have the officer finally take them down and cuff them. The narrative is rarely “that person got what they deserved.” Must of the time it is “police brutality.”
Just look at this thread. How many people are taking the side of “well... the cop (security guard) was being a party pooper.”

People being belligerent is different than making contact. Of course if an officer assaults someone who is "being belligerent" people are going to be upset with that.

What OBJ did was somewhere in the area between "being belligerent" which is not worthy of any physicality and "sexual assault" which is a ridiculously trumped up nonsense charge that this passive aggressive officer decided to file to teach that boy a lesson.

People being belligerent is different than making contact. Of course if an officer assaults someone who is "being belligerent" people are going to be upset with that.

What OBJ did was somewhere in the area between "being belligerent" which is not worthy of any physicality and "sexual assault" which is a ridiculously trumped up nonsense charge that this passive aggressive officer decided to file to teach that boy a lesson.
You do know its 2020 correct?

The narrative would have been "excessive force" and the story would even bigger than it is now. To state that an incident with OBJ getting hit by an officer would have been simply overlooked. C'mon. You don't have to agree with the resulting arrest warrant, but that's going overboard to argue against it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom