Arrest Warrant Issued for OBJ After He Spanks Cop (1 Viewer)

Gotcha.

Maybe. I don't really think there'd be much backlash. Maybe from a few morons on Twitter, but I think the general public would see OBJ give a "good game" to an officer, get punched in the face, and consider it even. But who knows, in this crazy world we live in.
Ppl are getting fired just for supporting the president lol yeah we live in the worst timeline

LMAO first time in my life I've been called "woke" oh holy shirt. Oh no he thinks hitting someone is bad he must be woke oh no lmao what the hell planet do some of you live on ?
My bad. You invoked "2020" seemingly likening this situation to a sexual assault where someone who holds some power of authority over another uses that to gain a sexual advantage. Otherwise, I don't what year it is has to do with what happened here.

My bad. You invoked "2020" seemingly likening this situation to a sexual assault where someone who holds some power of authority over another uses that to gain a sexual advantage. Otherwise, I don't what year it is has to do with what happened here.
2020 has to do with the time we are living in. Like I said if the cop would of done something about getting slapped on the arse it would no longer be about him getting slapped on the arse it would be all about a white cop punching a black athlete

2020 has to do with the time we are living in. Like I said if the cop would of done something about getting slapped on the arse it would no longer be about him getting slapped on the arse it would be all about a white cop punching a black athlete
Well, just for the record -- as long as everybody is kinda agreeing the cop filing charges 24 + hours after the fact is retaliation -- punching sure wouldn't have been the right call either. But I am disturbed that this officer thought about it for a while and still came to the conclusion this was the right course of action instead of chalking it up to another boneheaded move from a bonehead and letting it go.

Well, just for the record -- as long as everybody is kinda agreeing the cop filing charges 24 + hours after the fact is retaliation -- punching sure wouldn't have been the right call either. But I am disturbed that this officer thought about it for a while and still came to the conclusion this was the right course of action instead of chalking it up to another boneheaded move from a bonehead and letting it go.

Well said.

Cops are supposed to be better than the boneheads, not down in the muck with them.

I think everyone agrees on that I mean if it was that serious you should of filed that night. I think most ppl would of let it go but just bc he didnt doesnt mean hes in the wrong for doing it I mean someone he doesnt personally know slapped him on the arse it's just not ok

- The cop shouldn't have inserted himself into the situation to begin with
The problem with this is that the cop was following orders from his superiors. Reporters outside of the locker room complained about smoke (going so far as to say it was "choking" or "smothering" them) and the head of security called down to his officers to go make them put out the cigars.

Last edited:
- The cop didn't feel the love tap was worth reacting to when it happened. Why did it take him 24 hours to decide to press charges? Ridiculous nonsense. It's almost a certainty that the cop steamed on the fact that he was "embarrassed" by a young black male and decided he was going to do the most ridiculous thing possible, which was press charges for something that, while dumb of OBJ to do, is completely benign.
And to this, as mentioned earlier in the thread by @DavidM (I think), it's quite possible that LSU asked this cop to press charges against Beckham after all the negative attention he was bringing to the university that they were having to clean up. By having him file charges, it puts ALL of Beckham's bad behavior (including the $$$) squarely on Beckham and takes the heat off of LSU. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if this is at least partially true.

The problem with this is that the cop was following orders from his superiors. Reporters outside of the locker room complained about smoke (going so far as to say it was "choking" or "smothering" them) and the head of security called down to his officers to go make them put out the cigars.

Interesting.

Sounds like basically everyone involved sucks. OBJ, the crybag reporters, the cop, and the university for creating a situation to cover their rears.

Seriously though, did anyone else hear the rumor about OBJ interrupting Coach O's post-game speech to the team? Someone texted in to WWL on Tuesday saying a player told them he did. If he did that, he deserves to be banned from participating in LSU games like this for life. That's just plain old disrespectful - like everything else he reportedly did that night.

Seriously though, did anyone else hear the rumor about OBJ interrupting Coach O's post-game speech to the team? Someone texted in to WWL on Tuesday saying a player told them he did. If he did that, he deserves to be banned from participating in LSU games like this for life. That's just plain old disrespectful - like everything else he reportedly did that night.

Assuming that is true combined with everything else he did, it’s very possible it was decided that OBJ had not earned the exercise of discretion to not press charges for slapping the officers butt.

I'm sure there were numerous former LSU players that would have been honored to have the chance to stand on the sidelines to watch the game. Only certain players were asked because of their significant accomplishments at LSU and as a NFL player. They were placed their IMO for recruitment purposes by LSU. LSU maybe needs to look at their vetting process again.

He is a cop the same way campus police are cops. There is a difference between uniformed NOPD and this guy. I wish people would stop making this misconception.

Campus police in New Orleans are commissioned by the NOPD or state police and have full arrest authority in the perimeter around their respective campuses. There is no misconception. They are official law enforcement officers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom