Arrest Warrant Issued for OBJ After He Spanks Cop (1 Viewer)

OBJ is an idiot, that much has been well established. He just can't seem to get out of his own way. With that said, why were there cops in the dressing room after the game threatening to arrest the players for smoking cigars?

I would think the police chief would want to sweep this under the rug (due to the overzealous policing) but that video is so clear that you have to do something.

Gotta disagree. Go get drunk and spank a cop. Then let me know if you don't have an arrest warrant issued against you.

The real victims here are the LSU players having their accomplishment overshadowed because OBJ decided to make the moment all about him.

I agree about this distracting from the players hard fought victory. OBJ always seeks to be the center of attention and now it’s going to bite him in the asp.

Concerning the warrant, we all know that regular joe’s and celebrities don’t tend to have the same justice applied to them. It’s not how it should be, but that’s the reality. In the video, the cop was caught off guard and lectured OBJ for a few seconds and then everything seemed to be resolved.

It’s one thing to attack an officer, but it’s clear that the cop didn’t get attacked. If the officer felt compromised or endangered, why wait to issue a warrant instead of immediately leading OBJ out of the locker room and arresting him on site? Likely because Odell’s actions were playful, yet dumb and devoid of malicious intent.

Nevertheless, OBJ shouldn’t have done it and he will have to face the consequences of his bone headed actions.

The worst part about this whole thing is OBJ making everything about OBJ and taking away from what LSU just accomplished. First with handing out - what was apparently real - cash to players who hadn't yet declared for the draft and are still under NCAA rules and then being so drunk and stupid that he has to slap a security guard on the arse ON VIDEO.

I get that he's an alum and NFL star, but LSU should really have thought this one through. Bringing OBJ back HOME to New Orleans to party the whole weekend leading up to the game with his family and friends in NO and then letting his drunken self be around the team when he was obviously wasted was just dumb. I agree with those that think those "cops" were being the fun police, but none of this would have happened had they simply not given him that kind of access.

These kids just won the biggest game of their lives and were celebrating their achievement with each other and their guest. Why were security guards in their locker room harassing them in the first place? Their were reports out that the security guards were basically acting like the fun police, telling players what they can and can't do to celebrate their moment.

That being said, OBJ is an arse.

Yeah this security guard needs to loosen up a bit. It had to be a security guard right? No real police officer is going let someone slap them on the behind and just walk away. Hard to believe that charges were filed over horse play.

Being drunk isn't a defense and hitting a police officer, prank or not, is always inadvisable. Admittedly, though, I'm annoyed that OBJ has made a spectacle of himself at the expense of others, and brought needless controversy to a great moment in LSU football history.

The cops or security whatever they are over reacted trying to police the celebration in the locker room with the no smoking and all of that.

HOWEVER OBJ screwed up by slapping him on the arse. I mean wasn't it just last month that a youth pastor got in trouble for smacking a reporter on the arse at a marathon? You can't assault people like that officer or not.

These kids just won the biggest game of their lives and were celebrating their achievement with each other and their guest. Why were security guards in their locker room harassing them in the first place? Their were reports out that the security guards were basically acting like the fun police, telling players what they can and can't do to celebrate their moment.

That being said, OBJ is an arse.

The cop was there because they were smoking. I mean, it is what it is... it was a celebration, but smoking in the dome is a no go regardless who you are.

I think you have to look at it from the security guard's standpoint before scoffing at the guy for just doing his job.

This is probably a guy who's making not a lot of money and his one job is to ensure the rules are followed. If he doesn't do that, he knows he could get fired. If it came out afterwards that he had allowed players to smoke in the locker room (something I bet is illegal under city ordinances) and it cost him his job, OBJ and the rest of the LSU players aren't gonna be there to pay to feed his family.

Let me guess...Odell "took his power" when he slapped him on the butt and he's just trying to get his "power" back.

I wish people would stop with having to film everything and just enjoy the moment. Not defending OBJ and I understand this is the world we live in, the “sharing” generation, but jeez just enjoy the moment without having to capture it on video.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom