Arrest Warrant Issued for OBJ After He Spanks Cop (1 Viewer)

Not an OBJ fan at all but this is beyond ridiculous.

Just heard that the "cop" who filed the charges is a lieutenant. He also says he suppressed the urge to punch OBJ in the face at the time and decided two days later to file a complaint with the NOPD who then applied for a warrant for simple battery.

He'll walk away with a fine and misdemeanor plea, but this whole thing is just stupid. From all angles.

Just heard that the "cop" who filed the charges is a lieutenant. He also says he suppressed the urge to punch OBJ in the face at the time and decided two days later to file a complaint with the NOPD who then applied for a warrant for simple battery.

He'll walk away with a fine and misdemeanor plea, but this whole thing is just stupid. From all angles.

I truly hope they give the officer a few months off to recover both physically and mentally from the trauma.

Gotta disagree. Go get drunk and spank a cop. Then let me know if you don't have an arrest warrant issued against you.

The real victims here are the LSU players having their accomplishment overshadowed because OBJ decided to make the moment all about him.

I could counter that by suggesting that getting drunk and smacking a cop in public would be dumb but they were in the lockerrom and the only reason the cop was there was to stop their fun because of Burrow smoking a cigar(loose reason I heard he was there)...so it was a unique situation just from that angle alone. Obviously he shouldn't have done it but I don't think it was because he mad the moment about him.

Exactly why was the cop in there disturbing them anyhow?

I stand with drunk obj as someone who doesn't drink anymore he is the example I need to remain dry.

I could counter that by suggesting that getting drunk and smacking a cop in public would be dumb but they were in the lockerrom and the only reason the cop was there was to stop their fun because of Burrow smoking a cigar(loose reason I heard he was there)...so it was a unique situation just from that angle alone. Obviously he shouldn't have done it but I don't think it was because he mad the moment about him.

Exactly why was the cop in there disturbing them anyhow?

And if the cop/security guard or whatever he is gets disciplined or fired for not stopping the players from breaking the law in the locker room (you can't smoke in the Super Dome via city ordinance), you me, and everyone else that generally thinks this isn't a big deal won't be sending him a check to help his family out.

The guy was doing his job. I'm not gonna slag on him for that.

And if the cop/security guard or whatever he is gets disciplined or fired for not stopping the players from breaking the law in the locker room (you can't smoke in the Super Dome, period), you me, and everyone that general thinks this isn't a big deal won't be sending him a check to help his family out.

Teams have been smoking cigars in the locker room to celebrate championships for probably a hundred years over god knows how many major sports. It's probably happened at least a thousand, if not several thousand times, and not once has there ever been a situation where someone said "omg the cop should have made them put out the cigars it's against the law!". It has literally never happened. This is ridiculous.

Teams have been smoking cigars in the locker room to celebrate championships for probably a hundred years over god knows how many major sports. It's probably happened at least a thousand, if not several thousand times, and not once has there ever been a situation where someone said "omg the cop should have made them put out the cigars it's against the law!". It has literally never happened. This is ridiculous.

Whatever. I've never heard of the Saints smoking in the locker room.

But even if they have and you think this specific guy should have decided to not do his job at that moment, I'm not gonna begrudge him for still deciding to do it. The players put out the cigars upon request. They aren't the issue. No one was charged for smoking and making it about that is misleading.

The issue is OBJ deciding to then spank the guy, while drunk, while being filmed. That's his own stupid fault.

All that's going to happen is a fine anyway.

BTW, didn't you trash Mayfield for his drunken encounter with the cops?

Me too. He's obviously very sensitive and likely will need counseling to recover from this traumatic event.

It seems possible that OBJ ticked off some influential people in Louisiana and affiliated with the university, and this is an avenue towards some consequences for him. His cash stunt has put the university in a position of having to engage in due diligence now. His locker room behavior adds to the controversy, all of which shifts some of the focus from what should have just been a time of celebration for the team, school, and state.

In the grand scheme, this isn't likely to be much of a lingering story, but it's something other people have to clean up and answer for, and I imagine those people aren't particularly happy about that.

It's a joke charge but I had a friend who was arrested for assualting a security guard in another state. I think the law treats them like real cops.

It seems possible that OBJ ticked off some influential people in Louisiana and affiliated with the university, and this is an avenue towards some consequences for him. His cash stunt has put the university in a position of having to engage in due diligence now. His locker room behavior adds to the controversy, all of which shifts some of the focus from what should have just been a time of celebration for the team, school, and state.

In the grand scheme, this isn't likely to be much of a lingering story, but it's something other people have to clean up and answer for, and I imagine those people aren't particularly happy about that.
Oh, I agree. I can totally see that. I do partly blame them though for giving him the unfettered access they did in the first place. I remember Bama giving Ingram field passes and locker room access a couple times when LSU played Bama but he never did anything to embarrass the university by their doing so (not to mention, he was a Heisman winner and National Champion for them, OBJ was just a player at LSU). I'm sure that after all of this, OBJ will be the last alum to ever get this kind of access in the future. (Not saying they don't give access to alums any more, just not him.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom